09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I thought THey werent dealing with Perez's management team?
I dunno, Im so tired of the Boxing Politricks
Im old school like "Paulie Gaultieri" tho
That's what I thought I heard too but ESPN does update the fights pretty well so I guess we'll see.

Vic D has to win tonight. I mean God can't be laughing at me this much when the Knicks give up the week they did, Johnnies lose to Seton Hall and A-Roidis introduced to pile on top and have Vic lose can he?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

When is the latest time (west coast) this fight will be on? I may leave work early to catch it.

On Showtime's website its says 9PM ET/ 6PM PT

I believe they're showing the Kid Dynamite undercard fight as well. So I'm guessing the main event to start around 7 or 730.

RI.P Cutman Chuck Bodak, I got to meet this man when De La Hoya had put on a fight down here in San Antonio.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

!
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chad Dawson Statement!

"I applaud Joe's decision. It's obvious he and his family gave it a lot of thought. Timing is everything and to leave center stage at his peak is rare and certainly comparable to the retirements of Rocky Marciano and Jim Brown. Joe left on his own terms. What could be better? He held the super middleweight championship longer than anyone, successfully defended it a record-21 times, unified the titles, and then moved up to light heavyweight beating two future Hall of Famers. He has been a man for all seasons and will be an inspiration to me as I look to meet and beat his records. On behalf of all your boxing fans I say, 'Thank you, Joe.' And now I am ready to succeed Joe as the new king. I have dethroned two world champions in Tomasz Adamek and Antonio Tarver and defended the title against Glen Johnson. I'm only 26 years old and I'm ready to fight the best at 175 pounds for a very long time. Welcome to the Dawson era."[/font][/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/font][/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jermain Taylor Statement!

"First, it would have been one of the highlights of my career to be in the ring with a champion who has proven himself like Joe Calzaghe! The best always want to fight the best, and I wanted to fight Joe. As a fellow champion and warrior, I know the price we have to pay in the ring. Joe retired healthy, wealthy and with a Hall of Fame career. Although I am disappointed that we won't face each other, I applaud his decision to leave on his own terms, and wish Joe the best of luck. As for Carl Froch, he is no Ray Leonard, and certainly no Joe Calzaghe, and can't be mentioned in the same breath as those two great champions.Carl Froch never earned the right to be on the same canvas as Joe Calzaghe! Other than in his hometown, a bare few know the name Carl Froch, and how to spell it or pronounce it."
[/font][/size][/font][/font][/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]lets hope Jermaine taylor can make some noise in his Lt Heavy fights and then make a play for Chad, so he can get KO'd again
laugh.gif

C'mon B Hop, get in the ring with Chad and stop Duckin[/size][/font]
John Scully, who's known Dawson since he was a child, mentioned on another messageboard that he didn't actually say this and it's notthe first time this has happened, so it sounds like it's some sort of PR statement. Don't get me wrong, Dawson comes across as a good guy, but thesereally don't sound like his words based on the interviews I've heard from him. He comes across as pretty quiet and reserved and it's kind of hardto picture him stroking Calzaghe this hard.

eek.gif
what the hell!?
That head butt cut his eye and broke his nose?
laugh.gif
dude bleedin from everywhere from that clash

He wanna quit on the stool.
He don't wanna fight. He already said no mas

pimp.gif
Demarco

Good *%$*#% work!!!!

I liked that dudes chin n straight punches

laugh.gif
he damn sho didn't.
He kept shakin his head no. Told his trainer take his mouthpiece out
Cornerman told him go back out there, he just sat there on his De la Hoya grind