09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

why the hate for diaz. he's a cool dude (like rocky juarez). every man in the ring tonight was all class and put up amazing bouts. for all the bs ppv'sout there, this was something that would've been worth paying for. this is the %*$% that needs to be played on ABC and things go back to the old days, noprob.

the commentators made a good point relating boxing to the economic climate, as boxing has always flourished in times of financial despair in this country.

seriously though, that thing about the lights was hilarious
roll.gif

laugh.gif

nah Mr. Bob Dobalina, its not hate for Diaz, its his style of high volume w/ no punching power that I hate.
It just irks me to see him throwing all those punches with absolutely no snap on em

**isnt that the name of a old del the Funky Homosapien track ?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Juan"there's 79 Light Fixtures in the Houston Arena, I counted" Diaz gets KO'd
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Hilarious , #%$% it why not call out PBF nobody else is he doesnt have anything to lose by doing it .
The thing is this JMM came up in weight and KO'd two top lightweights who had never been stopped Back to Back at 36yrs old

Its them cheap Everlast gloves Gunna...

Sometimes that bothers me too with those types of boxers, but Diaz shows a lot of heart and at least he tries to hurt you unlike Joe Calzaghe who only pitypats his punches to get points.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif

nah Mr. Bob Dobalina, its not hate for Diaz, its his style of high volume w/ no punching power that I hate.
It just irks me to see him throwing all those punches with absolutely no snap on em

i think he just has no venom in his fists...the guy must have a light as hell bones to not be able to ko people with those punches he throws. maybe not enoughmilk growing up? lol. i think he needs to go to a med-lab and get a bone density scan or something, the guy needs to be on fosamax hahaha. the reason i saythat is that diaz actually throws his punches with a lot of leverage and with great technique, but still he can't muster up any power from them. anothergreat pressure fighter was the same way - jeff fenech. the guy through his power punch combos in perfect form, he LOOKED like a knockout puncher, but he justwasn't.

mFresh, Im definitely not puttin him in Calzaghe class. that would be disrepectful. I dunno if he doesnt try to snap off his punches or if he just really hasno torque and power in his shoulder joints.

i think he just has no venom in his fists...the guy must have a light as hell bones to not be able to ko people with those punches he throws. maybe not enough milk growing up? lol. i think he needs to go to a med-lab and get a bone density scan or something, the guy needs to be on fosamax hahaha. the reason i say that is that diaz actually throws his punches with a lot of leverage and with great technique, but still he can't muster up any power from them. another great pressure fighter was the same way - jeff fenech. the guy through his power punch combos in perfect form, he LOOKED like a knockout puncher, but he just wasn't.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Diaz is good and all but he kind of reminds me of those wanabe gangsters that would fight in school and just throw a lot of fast punches but you could tellthat they had no power or werent hurting anyone.

I was pulling for Diaz but I thought JMM would pull it out. I was really impressed how he slowly but surely started taking over. He kept himself in the middleof the ring in the middle rounds and when he was on the ropes he caught Diaz with some clean punches. Diaz was getting PUNISHED whenever he threw a lazy punchin the middle of the ring. When he hit Diaz at the body you could hear the thud. Jabs,uppercuts,straight rights, left hooks, dude just started landing thewhole nine. Great fight.

I wonder what's next for Diaz???

Hopefully Manny vs. JMM III happens soon.

Originally Posted by BCF06

Diaz is good and all but he kind of reminds me of those wanabe gangsters that would fight in school and just throw a lot of fast punches but you could tell that they had no power or werent hurting anyone.

he did hurt marquez a few times. and diaz is a good fighter that needs to go back to the training board cause a seasoned vet like jmm will eat a baby bullcharging at him in the later rounds.

Great night of fights. 2009 is off to a rockin start.

I thought Chris John won that first fight. I can live with a draw, but thats about as far towards Rocky that i could see it. I liked the way John controlledthe fight and showed superior ring generalship, and landed some decent shots in there as well. Hopefully John isn't discouraged and runs back home for therest of his career ala Felix Sturm.

As for Marquez, what can you say at this point? The stuff he's doing is absolutely insane. I have to think about it more once the adrenaline from thisperformance has died down, but i might have to put him over Barrera and Morales now all-time. If he moves up to 140 and wins the title their as well, Marquezmay have to go down as the best Mexican fighter of the last, i dunno, 25-30 years? The resume Marquez is creating at his age is absolutely astonishing. Ican't believe how his power just keeps on carrying up the scale. Its ridiculous.

Originally Posted by nelly28

Diaz is good and all but he kind of reminds me of those wanabe gangsters that would fight in school and just throw a lot of fast punches but you could tell that they had no power or werent hurting anyone.

he did hurt marquez a few times. and diaz is a good fighter that needs to go back to the training board cause a seasoned vet like jmm will eat a baby bull charging at him in the later rounds.

You know what he did hurt him a bit. But if he would hit hard enough I think he could have taken out JMM in the earlier rounds. Not taking away from JMM'stoughness but that just shows his punches are just not powerful enough. Unlike JMM you could tell they were a bit harder and smarter.

I saw Diaz's first fight on HBO and I always said if dude had a lil more power he could do some damage vs. the top guys.

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

I thought Chris John won that first fight. I can live with a draw, but thats about as far towards Rocky that i could see it. I liked the way John controlled the fight and showed superior ring generalship, and landed some decent shots in there as well. Hopefully John isn't discouraged and runs back home for the rest of his career ala Felix Sturm.

As for Marquez, what can you say at this point? The stuff he's doing is absolutely insane. I have to think about it more once the adrenaline from this performance has died down, but i might have to put him over Barrera and Morales now all-time. If he moves up to 140 and wins the title their as well, Marquez may have to go down as the best Mexican fighter of the last, i dunno, 25-30 years? The resume Marquez is creating at his age is absolutely astonishing. I can't believe how his power just keeps on carrying up the scale. Its ridiculous.
Woah Woah there a minute. JMM is a great fighter and when it is all said and done he could be better than Morales and Barrera but no Mexicanfighter so far will ever match the great Julio Ceasar Chavez.

I thought Chris John won that first fight. I can live with a draw, but thats about as far towards Rocky that i could see it. I liked the way John controlled the fight and showed superior ring generalship, and landed some decent shots in there as well. Hopefully John isn't discouraged and runs back home for the rest of his career ala Felix Sturm.

As for Marquez, what can you say at this point? The stuff he's doing is absolutely insane. I have to think about it more once the adrenaline from this performance has died down, but i might have to put him over Barrera and Morales now all-time. If he moves up to 140 and wins the title their as well, Marquez may have to go down as the best Mexican fighter of the last, i dunno, 25-30 years? The resume Marquez is creating at his age is absolutely astonishing. I can't believe how his power just keeps on carrying up the scale. Its ridiculous.
Woah Woah there a minute. JMM is a great fighter and when it is all said and done he could be better than Morales and Barrera but no Mexican fighter so far will ever match the great Julio Ceasar Chavez.
In popularity no doubt. But IF JMM wins a title at 140, he'd be the first Mexican ever to win a title in 4 weight classes. And if its theHatton-Manny winner, he'd be the Ring Mag champ in 4 weight classes. Not to mention he's doing that at such an advanced age. Again, i wouldn'tput him there yet, but a win over Hatton or Manny at 140 would give him one HELL of a resume. I was never a huge JCC fan so i dunno.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Why does it say Banned Member under abeautifulhaze's username?
nerd.gif
Cause JRose is hellbent on banning me.

Just took away my avy privileges permanently last week.

Meth reinstated me but that stays under my SN for some reason.

Woah Woah there a minute. JMM is a great fighter and when it is all said and done he could be better than Morales and Barrera but no Mexican fighter so far will ever match the great Julio Ceasar Chavez.
In popularity no doubt. But IF JMM wins a title at 140, he'd be the first Mexican ever to win a title in 4 weight classes. And if its the Hatton-Manny winner, he'd be the Ring Mag champ in 4 weight classes. Not to mention he's doing that at such an advanced age. Again, i wouldn't put him there yet, but a win over Hatton or Manny at 140 would give him one HELL of a resume. I was never a huge JCC fan so i dunno.

Well thats you opinion and its cool but I tell you JCC did some awesome things those that followed his career know that. However JMM can be right up there Ijust hope Manny gives him that opportunity again which I doubt because he has said he doesn't want to fight him again.

My boy bout to put in WORK

pimp.gif

The Love Child.

HBO actin' like Kirkland is gonna swallow him up...watch Joel cut into those plans.

Speakin' of HBO, you really gotta give them some credit...seems like they've finally realized what us fans want. 2009 is really shaping up to the bestyear for Boxing in recent memory...and I love how they are going back to the roots of Boxing After Dark and giving us prospects. The best thing?

Berto/Collazo
JMM/Diaz
Mosley/Margarito

Free TV FTW!

Outside of last week's Top Rank card and Pac-Man/Hatton...how many cards are on PPV?

EDIT: Can somebody hook me up with a Team Boxing Sig?

Watched the fight at my homie's pad.
Too tired to read thru all the posts, prolly missing out on some outstanding comedy
laugh.gif

Anyways JMM was playing chess, while Juan Diaz was playing checkers.
JMMs combination punches are amazing
pimp.gif
and them uppercuts were straight nasty
sick.gif

I also liked how he called out PBF. I thought that was a good strategic move from a fighter that's always 5 steps ahead of his opponent.

I really wish I could go to the Shark Tank next week for BAD. That joint is like 2 blocks from my brothers crib.

Back
Top Bottom