'09 College Application and Acceptance Thread

I was wondering about everyone here on NT that is applying to college this year.

1)Where have you applied?
2)Where have you been accepted to or rejected from?
3)Where are you planning on going?

I have applied to 13 schools:
-UC Berkeley
-UC Los Angeles
-UC San Diego
-UC Davis
-UC Irvine
-University of Southern California
-Stanford University
-Dartmouth College
-Boston College
-Wake Forest University
-Occidental College
-Claremont McKenna College
-Pitzer College

I haven't heard back from any of them yet, will hear by early April, but I'd love to go to UC Berkeley, UCLA, but I'm not sure on those, they werekind of semi-reaches for me.

Parsons
Pratt
and some CUNY schools

Temple told me try again in a year after i get some credits
indifferent.gif

I applied to these places, and was accepted at all of them:
Western Michigan University
Central Michigan University
University of Michigan-Dearborn
Northwood
Grand Valley State University
Michigan State University

I'm still waiting to hear from University of Michigan.

I wish I would have applied somewhere out of state because Im getting sick of michigan winters lol.

Virginia Commonwealth (accepted)
George Mason (accepted)
James Madison
Virginia Tech
William & Mary
Uni. of Virginia
Boston University
Boston College

i'll hear back april 1st

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

^Gotta love california weather, it's like 60 here in the winter
roll.gif
only Socal. i grew up in Norcal, it definitely gets down to the 30s every winter

I applied to a handful of schools but I'm only realistically considering Florida State and University of Florida (pending I get in next friday). I say onlythose two because I want to go away for college but not too far and its hard to turn away in state tuition + florida bright futures, etc. so it'll be veryaffordable.

Applied to:
University of Miami (Accepted)
University of Florida (Decision announced Feb 13th at 6 PM)
Florida Atlantic University (Accepted)
Florida International University (Accepted)
Florida State University (Accepted)

I would like to go to UF, but I would have to find a way to cover living expenses. Family doesnt want me moving out, wants me to go to UM or FIU. If I get fullscholarship to UM I'll probably end up there, and if not, then FIU.

Originally Posted by FLATBUSHswagga

Parsons
Pratt
and some CUNY schools

Temple told me try again in a year after i get some credits
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
Are you serious? Temple isn't that good of a schoolto deny people.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Applied to:

I would like to go to UF, but I would have to find a way to cover living expenses. Family doesnt want me moving out, wants me to go to UM or FIU. If I get full scholarship to UM I'll probably end up there, and if not, then FIU.
fam come to UM. i'd be nice to have a fellow NTer round here. also i need to know of a good black barbershop near the campus. any help, myline is lookin atrocious rite now
laugh.gif

University of St. Thomas. (Accepted + 18k/year.)
Montana State University. (Accepted + 8k/year.)
University of Denver. (Accepted.)

Those are the only ones I bothered to apply to.

Originally Posted by Thugnificence

Applied to:

I would like to go to UF, but I would have to find a way to cover living expenses. Family doesnt want me moving out, wants me to go to UM or FIU. If I get full scholarship to UM I'll probably end up there, and if not, then FIU.
fam come to UM. i'd be nice to have a fellow NTer round here. also i need to know of a good black barbershop near the campus. any help, my line is lookin atrocious rite now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Check out a place called Headliners, I heard its whereHeat players go.

Theres no way I can go to UM unless I can get it fully paid for, they only offered me 16k/year which leaves like 18 thousand more a year. Do you like it therethough? I live about 5 minutes away so I sure wouldnt mind going if I got a scholarship.

EDIT: Heres the address:

[h1]Headliners Barber Shop[/h1][h2]3811 Grand Ave
Miami, FL 33133
305-448-2258[/h2]

Applied to 8. Only heard back from two so far though.

University of Maryland ( Accepted)

Michigan State University ( Accepted)

University of Michigan

Fordham University

Syracuse University

Northeastern University

University of Illinois

Wheaton College, Illinois

Applied to:

fam come to UM. i'd be nice to have a fellow NTer round here. also i need to know of a good black barbershop near the campus. any help, my line is lookin atrocious rite now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Check out a place called Headliners, I heard its where Heat players go.

Theres no way I can go to UM unless I can get it fully paid for, they only offered me 16k/year which leaves like 18 thousand more a year. Do you like it there though? I live about 5 minutes away so I sure wouldnt mind going if I got a scholarship.

[h1]Headliners Barber Shop[/h1] [h2]3811 Grand Ave
Miami, FL 33133
305-448-2258[/h2]
that is clutch. coming through with the barbershop in times of desperate need.

But yea UM is a real good school. they seem to do alot for the students to make you feel welcome. Alot of resources available in terms of homework help, careerhelp, mentors, things of that nature. The dorms kinda suck, but i doubt you'd be stayin in dorms since u live so close, so its a moot point. but yeaoverall im definitely happy with the choice of UM. i'd recommend it

1)Where have you applied?
University of Texas at Dallas
University of Texas at Austin
University of North Texas
Stephen F. Austin State University
Texas A&M University
University of Texas at Arlington

2)Where have you been accepted to or rejected from?
Accepted to:
UT - Dallas, UNT, and SFASU as of today...
my SAT scores get me into UTA... but still waiting on word from UT and A&M

3)Where are you planning on going?
Best case scenario - UT Austin
BUT, I have no problems with going to UTD.... Telecom Corridor FTW...

'09 STAND UP!

Applied to:
University of Virginia
William & Mary
Brown
Cornell
UPenn
Carnegie Mellon

Got in:
No where yet, but I got a call from UVa saying I was a strong candidate and recommended by the admissions office for the Echols Scholar, so I take that asgetting in.

Want to go:
UVa, Brown, or UPenn if I get into Wharton.

Holla.
pimp.gif

Applied to:

laugh.gif
Exactly what i said. everyone got in from my school, but me. Embarassed.

Originally Posted by FLATBUSHswagga

Applied to:

laugh.gif
Exactly what i said. everyone got in from my school, but me. Embarassed.
damn. thas unfortunate.

sidenote: rnt u a female

Applied to:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Theres no way I can go to UM unless I can get it fully paid for, they only offered me 16k/year which leaves like 18 thousand more a year. Do you like it there though? I live about 5 minutes away so I sure wouldnt mind going if I got a scholarship.

Miami, FL 33133
305-448-2258[/h2]

But yea UM is a real good school. they seem to do alot for the students to make you feel welcome. Alot of resources available in terms of homework help, career help, mentors, things of that nature. The dorms kinda suck, but i doubt you'd be stayin in dorms since u live so close, so its a moot point. but yea overall im definitely happy with the choice of UM. i'd recommend it

Its what I do.

But yeah hopefully I'll get a scholarship to cover UM, because I dont want to go to FIU.

Applied to:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Miami, FL 33133
305-448-2258[/h2]

But yea UM is a real good school. they seem to do alot for the students to make you feel welcome. Alot of resources available in terms of homework help, career help, mentors, things of that nature. The dorms kinda suck, but i doubt you'd be stayin in dorms since u live so close, so its a moot point. but yea overall im definitely happy with the choice of UM. i'd recommend it

Its what I do.

But yeah hopefully I'll get a scholarship to cover UM, because I dont want to go to FIU.

yea i dont know many people who would choose FIU over UM. but yea what were ur grades in HS 2 get that 16k scholly.

Applied to:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Miami, FL 33133
305-448-2258[/h2]

Its what I do.

yea i dont know many people who would choose FIU over UM. but yea what were ur grades in HS 2 get that 16k scholly.
Right now I got a 3.6 unweighted/ 6.1 weighted. I think my SAT score is what kept me from gettin more, I had a 1290 and the minimum for the higherscholarship was 1300. Im applying for the Hammond Scholarship and that one is for a full ride so hopefully itll work out.

Back
Top Bottom