09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Rivals is saying he's the frontrunner and he could get offered tomorrow.

But I haven't heard of him interviewing for it yet so i don't know how he'd be the frontrunner. Supposedly there's going to be an announcement tomorrow...

But all of that is from Gary Ferman......who has been wrong plenty of times and has almost zero credibility.
whipple? as head coach of USF????

god damnit
smh.gif

they even tried to jock our colors....haha and their "T" is the logo on our baseball hats....or something eerily similar....smh

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

they even tried to jock our colors....haha and their "T" is the logo on our baseball hats....or something eerily similar....smh

Will you just stop posting for a little while? Seriously. It's like you're on a mission or some %$%!.

well then i suggest you look at the top of the page....dre wrote something, i responded...he responded...hmmm.....lets put two and two together

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Bax is officially visiting Oregon this weekend and Florida the next.

Powell is supposed to be on campus the 22nd I want to say. Can't hurt to have Powell there with Bax.

maybe im missing something but how does powell help with bax?

what was kiffin contract with Tennesse? he got 5 years 20 million from USC

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

KingJames23 wrote:

after h0urs wrote:

Powell is supposed to be on campus the 22nd I want to say. Can't hurt to have Powell there with Bax.

Powell got really tight with the USC guys. We've heard rumors they were a huge reason why he was gonna end up at USC before the PC news broke. I'm notsaying it's gonna do anything for us but it can't hurt. Cali kid who he has ties with and being our biggest salesman right now, can't hurt.

That's how I remember hearing things if I'm wrong the SC guys can correct me.

KingJames23 wrote:

after h0urs wrote:

Powell got really tight with the USC guys. We've heard rumors they were a huge reason why he was gonna end up at USC before the PC news broke. I'm not saying it's gonna do anything for us but it can't hurt. Cali kid who he has ties with and being our biggest salesman right now, can't hurt.

That's pretty much true.

Looks like my gut feeling was wrong, Powell is solid to UF. Congrats, kid is going to beast one day.

Looks like my gut feeling was wrong, Powell is solid to UF. Congrats, kid is going to beast one day.

Saw what was posted over on the Peristyle said makes me feel a lot better now.

Thanks for the congrats and it seems like for the most part your class has stayed in tact?

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by Black Jesus

who is this realmcCoy guy?
laugh.gif
......whats your old sn?
manamazing gave up the UNC bit, and decided to start a Texas one...

figured.....especially when i was in the college bball thread.....
smh.gif
@ this bandwagon fan, dude jumped off UNC because its a rebuilding year
smh.gif

KingJames23 wrote:

after h0urs wrote:

Powell got really tight with the USC guys. We've heard rumors they were a huge reason why he was gonna end up at USC before the PC news broke. I'm not saying it's gonna do anything for us but it can't hurt. Cali kid who he has ties with and being our biggest salesman right now, can't hurt.

That's pretty much true.

Definitely my favorite USC fan on here... You are objective as they come... Was hoping to steal Prater once the Carroll mess went down but appearshe will be staying with the hire of Kiffen and Co. What have you heard on Baxter (as far as predictions rather than the visits)?

Chow is staying seems like his agent used this to get him a raise at ucla

if he didn't hate lane I think he would of been at USC tho

Per the LA times:

San Diego Mission Bay running back Dillon Baxter also seems excited about playing for Kiffin, his coach, Willie Matson, said.

Take it for what it's worth.

I really like my chances of landing him. He was ALL SC before PC decided to leave. Hopefully CLK can mix in some wildcat for Baxter next year if he does come.

Whip got interviewed for the Cinncinati job so maybe there is something to the USF rumor.

EDIT-

He's just a backup plan it looks like.

Skip Holtz already interviewed and so did Tommy Bowden from Clemson.

The Kiffin Pessimist

• Kiffin is bailing on Tennessee after only one season. He showed zero loyalty to the school that entrusted him, at just 33, with its cherished football program.
  • Kiffin was fired from his previous head coaching job, the Oakland Raiders, before the end of his second season. His record? 5-15. Said owner Al Davis, "I think he conned me like he conned all you people."
  • USC is entrusting its tradition-rich program to a coach whose career record is 12-21.
  • He's an immature, attention-seeking loudmouth. He popped off at Urban Meyer, Nick Saban and Steve Spurrier. His mouth earned a reprimand from the SEC.
  • In just one season, he committed at least six secondary NCAA violations.
  • Tennessee faces at least two more violations as the NCAA continues an ongoing inquiry into other infractions, including the possible misuse of recruiting hostesses and impermissible visits.
  • That's the NCAA baggage he brings to USC, a school facing its own NCAA inquiry. That hammering you hear outside? That's the NCAA building a gallows.
  • Three Vols freshmen were involved in a robbery on November 12. Two were later kicked off the team.
  • That's the sort of discipline he inspires.
  • Kiffin is trying to hire Norm Chow as his offensive coordinator. Recall that Kiffin was part of the palace coup that convinced a suddenly marginalized Chow to bolt USC for the Tennessee Titans. Sure they'll be swell together.
  • With Chow gone, Kiffin was USC's offensive coordinator when UCLA beat the Trojans 13-9 in 2006, costing them a berth in the BCS national title game.
  • Kiffin lost 19-15 at home this season to UCLA, which went 3-6 in Pac-10 play.
The Kiffin Optimist

• One word: Recruiting.
  • Make that two words and a sentence: Recruiting, recruiting. Kiffin and recruiting coordinator Ed Orgeron will be the nation's best recruiting tandem, and nothing in college football is more important than great recruiting.
  • Xs and Os? The defense goes to Monte Kiffin, one of the great coaching legends on that side of the ball. The offense -- hopefully! -- goes to Norm Chow, one of the great coaching legends on that side of the ball.
  • So, great recruiting plus great schemes: We could stop there.
  • Lack of loyalty? Wait, phone's ringing. Hello. You want to offer Mr. Pessimist his dream job? Sorry. He's not going to take it. He's loyal.
  • Maybe the reason Kiffin has been hired for his third head coaching job in 17 months -- before he turned 35 -- is because everybody knows he's got loads of talent? It's not like the Raiders, Volunteers and Trojans hired him because they felt sorry for him.
  • The loudmouth stuff? Overblown. But he's been told to tone it down. He will.
  • The secondary NCAA violations? Randomly audit 10 other elite BCS programs. How do they compare to Kiffin? No, we don't know why those other schools didn't get as much publicity for their peccadillos.
  • Look, fans and media who don't understand the nature of NCAA violations and sanctions can prattle on about how horribly the Trojans will get hammered, but, please, just make sure they're around when the actual penalties are handed out. We want photos of the chagrined expressions.
  • When you oversee 85 young men, ages 18 to 23, the odds of going a year without any of them getting into trouble aren't great. That's just the way things go.
  • Chow's a pro. He and Kiffin, if reunited, will work fine together.
  • Kiffin took over a Vols team that went 5-7 in 2008 and lost to Florida by 24, Georgia by 12 and Alabama by 20. He went 7-6, beat Georgia 45-19 and lost to Florida and Alabama by a combined 12 points. Where did the Gators and Tide finish in the final polls?
  • Anyone recall the uproar when USC hired Carroll? Who thought that was an inspired decision in 2000?
  • When the pessimists unanimously back a position, always bet against them (Carroll taught us that).

Back
Top Bottom