09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

What do you USC fans think of Jethro Franklin as a DL Coach?

He coached in Houston with Sherman, and supposedly he's one of the top candidates for that job at A&M...

Originally Posted by RoOk

Who's the top choice for OC now at USC?

Kiffin plans to do the offensive play calling anyway, so it doesn't really matter. whoever it is is just gonna be an adviser.

smh.gif
they are really looking hard at Coach Cut

sick.gif

someone call Lovie Smith, Herm Edwards, Kyle Whittingham, Randy Edsall, Al Golden any damn body, please.

whats bobby Bowden phone number????

*edit
and Wes Rucker is reporting Calhoun turned away from the job cus Hamilton wouldnt give him enough yrs on the contract...

indifferent.gif
How ugonna pry away someone with NFL experience if u offering like a 2-3 yr deal.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

smh.gif
they are really looking hard at Coach Cut

sick.gif

someone call Lovie Smith, Herm Edwards, Kyle Whittingham, Randy Edsall, Al Golden any damn body, please.

whats bobby Bowden phone number????

laugh.gif
i don't know too much about Cutliffe. why does everyone hate himso much??

I think its funny that Tennessee cant get a coach from Air Force or an assistant at Texas to coach their team. Hilarious!!

Originally Posted by tmay407

He coached in Houston with Sherman, and supposedly he's one of the top candidates for that job at A&M...
I wasn't a fan. He's too soft on his players.

He didn't jump on them when they would take plays off.

I like Everson Griffen, he is a very talented dude, but if nobody lights a fire under dude, he will not play to his potential. Jethro got the least out of themost. Nice guy though.

Him and Orgeron are like night and day.

Yea Dre. They both said that they wanted to be the first in their families to get a college degree.
pimp.gif
You have to respect that. Especially with Noel.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

I think its funny that Tennessee cant get a coach from Air Force or an assistant at Texas to coach their team. Hilarious!!
It's not about that.

Some have ties with their current teams that they don't want to break.

Just like we couldn't get Mike Riley (thank you jeebus!) because he is content in Corvallis. We couldn't get JDR because he didn't want to leave$15 million on the table, Jeff Fisher didn't want to leave the Titans, etc.

Some coaches do not want to leave the comfort of their current jobs, since the job they will be going to has high expectations.

Oregon State doesn't have the same expectations as USC
Air Force does not have the same expectations as Tennessee

Why leave a school where they will put a bronze statue on campus for continually going 8-4, for a school where 8-4 is a reason to get fired. Catch my drift.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Yea Dre. They both said that they wanted to be the first in their families to get a college degree.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Geno and the ****** crew (Jock, Noel, Tavon) are gonna tear y'all out the frame next year
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by tmay407

He's a good coach, but I felt like our d-line could have been much better than they were this season. He's pretty intense at times.

If I'm not mistaken, we got more sacks this year than in previous years (not TOO sure about that). Our weakness was our inability to stop the run, but thatcould be the result of injuries all throughout the line.

Overall, I was expecting more. Actually, I was expecting more from our defense as a whole.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Problems stopping the run could also be attributed to losing 4 NFL LB's and a NFL safety who played in run support.
Yeah that too. I just felt like our d-line underperformed in that area. Maybe it was just the lack of talent on the interior. Jurrell was holdinghis own for the whole season, but he didn't really have a counterpart. Loni got injured, Tupou gets manhandled sometimes, and Armstead was out for thefirst half. Averell Spicer definitely did not fulfill his potential.

Matt James dropped Florida from his list. Down to ND, OSU, and UC. If Seantral goes to OSU maybe James goes to ND.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

pimp.gif

I really hope he grew up at WVU. If he's the same guy he was in HS that degree won't mean a thing.

Noel is my boy and I wish him nothing but the best.

Dan Buckner transferring out of UT after being arrested last night in College Station...
Weird deal.

He was arrested only after he was requested to leave an apartment by its residents, was warned by the police to do so, refused, was arrested, and then wouldn;t get in the police car. No evidence of alcohol.

Idiot.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Dan Buckner transferring out of UT after being arrested last night in College Station...
Weird deal.

He was arrested only after he was requested to leave an apartment by its residents, was warned by the police to do so, refused, was arrested, and then wouldn;t get in the police car. No evidence of alcohol.
Idiot.

Just saw this. Heck was he doing in College Station?

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

what the???....where did u read that?...link?

His girlfriend is on the equestrian team here. He was in town visiting, and apparently they got into an argument. Buckner ended up calling thepolice. The police gave Buckner the chance to leave without getting in any trouble, and he wouldn't. They arrested him, and he refused to get in the car.Hit him with criminal trespass and resisting arrest charges...

CSPD doesn't %#** around.

^ thats some crazy stuff...but why the transfer??? is he just not happy and is fearful of the firepower at WR we got coming in?

Back
Top Bottom