09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

yea supposedly most SEC teams have stopped callin, but I dont believe it.

IMO he fits a Oregon/Oklahoma state type offense

Two Texans in the backfield
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

IC is reporting that Markeith Ambles is taking an OV to UNC this weekend. Supposed to arrive on campus tomorrow morning.

I know we were recruiting him hard pretty early, so hopefully this OV pans out....

Im also hearing Ambles is supposed to make it to Knoxville this weekend. Lance Thompson recruited him, and he's staying on staff, so let's see how thisgoes. Kenbrell Thompkins realllly wants out at UT from what I've heard, and Ambles is a MUST. I at least want him to go along with Matt Milton

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Make that three with Darron Thomas when he gets in
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fecta23

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
I really like Masoli.
But I cannot wait for DT to see the field as the starter. He's gonna be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

By the time he gets the keys to the car he'll have been under Kelly for three years and will know the offense in and out.

Originally Posted by firered18

IC is reporting that Markeith Ambles is taking an OV to UNC this weekend. Supposed to arrive on campus tomorrow morning.

I know we were recruiting him hard pretty early, so hopefully this OV pans out....

Im also hearing Ambles is supposed to make it to Knoxville this weekend. Lance Thompson recruited him, and he's staying on staff, so let's see how this goes. Kenbrell Thompkins realllly wants out at UT from what I've heard, and Ambles is a MUST. I at least want him to go along with Matt Milton

Not sure where you are hearing that from, but the mods at inside carolina are reporting Ambles will visit Chapel Hill this weekend. This was essentiallyconfirmed by the most connected moderator and also another mod.

If it doesn;t come to fruition it wouldn't surprise me, but at the same time I don't see how you couldn't fall in love when visiting the UNCcampus/night life/coaching staff.

Oklahoma State ain't even contacting Lache like that...if anything it seems like he'd end up at Oregon right now.

Heard Ahmad decommitted from Tennessee and went back with Baylor...him and Lache would make a hell of a combo on offense and defense in a couple of years whenthe both of them graduate from junior college...

Brad Franchionne is destined to have another national championship team with the talent that should be coming his way in the next couple of years...\

He should be named Sherman's replacement within the next 3 years.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
I really like Masoli.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

By the time he gets the keys to the car he'll have been under Kelly for three years and will know the offense in and out.

Yeah Masoli showed a lot of growth this season. He reminds me of Dennis coming into his senior year, i.e. showing growth, being a team leader, improvedpassing. Hopefully he can lead this team to where Dixon has us going before.. he...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by firered18

Im also hearing Ambles is supposed to make it to Knoxville this weekend. Lance Thompson recruited him, and he's staying on staff, so let's see how this goes. Kenbrell Thompkins realllly wants out at UT from what I've heard, and Ambles is a MUST. I at least want him to go along with Matt Milton

Not sure where you are hearing that from, but the mods at inside carolina are reporting Ambles will visit Chapel Hill this weekend. This was essentially confirmed by the most connected moderator and also another mod.

If it doesn;t come to fruition it wouldn't surprise me, but at the same time I don't see how you couldn't fall in love when visiting the UNC campus/night life/coaching staff.

http://www.govolsxtra.com...-with-style/?partner=RSSFrom that article: The Vols are scheduled to host six official visitors this weekend: n Markeith Ambles: Ambles has been committed to UT since July, but hasexpressed in interest in other schools this week. The 6-foot-2, 185-pound receiver from Henry County High in McDonough, Ga., is considered one of the top 100prospects in the nation. n J.C. Copeland: Another longtime UT commitment, Copeland has been a declared Vol since May. The 6-2, 240-pound defensive end is fromTroup High in La Grange, Ga. n Marcques Dixon: Dixon, a 5-10, 185-pound athlete from Southwest Dekalb High in Decatur, Ga., has been committed to UT, but hasexpressed concern over the coaching change. n Corey Nelson: Nelson has been committed to Texas A&M since July, but has continued to give the Vols a look.Now, the 6-foot, 210-pound linebacker from Skyline High in Dallas will give UT a look up close. n Eddrick Loften: The 5-11, 195-pound safety from Nimitz HighSchool in Irving, Texas, decommitted from Oklahoma in December. Loften is also considering Kansas, Texas A&M and Utah. n Ralph Williams: A 6-1, 225-poundlinebacker from Southridge High in Miami, Williams has been committed to UT since May." GET EM DOUBLE D!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by 18key

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
I really like Masoli.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah Masoli showed a lot of growth this season. He reminds me of Dennis coming into his senior year, i.e. showing growth, being a team leader, improved passing. Hopefully he can lead this team to where Dixon has us going before.. he...
frown.gif

Till that USC Comes for revenge & ruins their season
pimp.gif

Ambles is in Chapel Hill...

Not worried about UNC.
more worried about WVA and LSU
Him and Brunetti are cool. and Frank Wilson left for LSU

paraphrasing from his pops
Markeith only took the trip to UNC cus he didnt think the Tenn coach would be in place by Saturday.

So I guess Ambles is gonna let things get settled down in Knoxville before he visits anywhere else' this is from GoVolsXtra:

"Cross Markeith Ambles off Tennessee's official visitors list.

Ambles' mother told the News Sentinel that her son will not be visiting Knoxville or anywhere else this weekend.

The 6-foot-3, 185-pound receiver from Henry County High School in McDonough, Ga., was scheduled to be one of UT's six official visitors this weekend.

Ambles has been committed to UT since July, but has expressed interest in other schools, including Southern California, where Lane Kiffin left UT for earlierthis week.

Josh Ward contributed to this report.

[emoji]169[/emoji] 2010, Knoxville News Sentinel Co."

Looks like all those reports of keeping our current assistants was bogus. Kippy Brown is taking the WR Coach position with the Seahawks, Reaves (QB Coach) andCregg (OL coach) are out. Gunna, at least through all this turmoil Michael Parlady is still committed
laugh.gif

Not for long...Palardy is taking an OV to Coral Gables now.
pimp.gif

Said we were the main school still contacting him after CLK left

Not for long...Palardy is taking an OV to Coral Gables now.
pimp.gif

Said we were the main school still contacting him after CLK left

laugh.gif

Palardy is ALL VOL

"I'm not really worried. I'm looking at it as optimistically possible. I'm not going to change my mind or anything. Like I said, I committed to Tennessee. I didn't commit to coach Kiffin," the St. Thomas Aquinas kicker said. "Whoever the coach may be, I loved it up there and I thought it was the right place for me. That's pretty much it."

Even though Palardy has set up the Miami trip as a backup plan, he still plans on signing with Tennessee because he loves the Vols.

"Obvisouly they're not going to bring somebody in who they think isn't capable of doing the job, so I'm not worried about it," Palardy said. "I love Tennessee. I fell in love with Tennessee when I first got up there so that's where I stand now."

Mike Hamilton shafted Kippy, gave him a Bogus interview after the Hiring process was already decided. Im disappointed in that.
they used Kippy to keep the early enrollees locked in but didnt give him a fair shake at the job like they promised.
Kippy left on the 1st thing smokin. He had that offer from Pete Carrol for a week and turned it down but after yesterday, cashed in his chips

But if they're all resigning to take other jobs = no buyouts.

UGA looking at UConn DB coach Scott Lakatos for the same job in Athens.

Originally Posted by DLo13

But if they're all resigning to take other jobs = no buyouts.

UGA looking at UConn DB coach Scott Lakatos for the same job in Athens.

I cant read the full article on volquest since its a premium article but the snipped says that Dooley dismissed Reaves and Cregg, which means they'll stillbe getting paid, Kippy resigned. I know the head coach wants to bring in his own staff but I dont agree with those firings. Our OL only gave up 12 sacks andgot Hardesty a shot to become our single season rushing leader. And I dont even need to mention what Reaves did for Crompton...

Fresh! thats what Im saying, Cregg and reaves should have been kept on IMO. Cregg is an excellent OLine coach

Its crazy that Mike Hamiltons sticking point with Cutcliffe was that our staff remained in tact but he gave full autonomy to CDD.

we will most likely lose Willie Mack too,
smh.gif

What i don't understand is Tenn is saying that Dooley was their first offer they gave, but yet the signing seemed like he was there last coach to turn toafter numerous coaches turned it down..

Originally Posted by RoOk

What i don't understand is Tenn is saying that Dooley was their first offer they gave, but yet the signing seemed like he was there last coach to turn to after numerous coaches turned it down..
Because if you are the school's AD you dont win over your fan base by saying "____ was our 4th choice".

Back
Top Bottom