09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by RoOk

What i don't understand is Tenn is saying that Dooley was their first offer they gave, but yet the signing seemed like he was there last coach to turn to after numerous coaches turned it down..

Lane Kiffin was USC 3rd-4th choice and you hear them talking like he was there number 1 option the whole time

like fresh said the AD will always put a spin on it.

CDD got a standing O at TBA today

He has like 6 recruits with him

Only 2 I can confirm are Eddrick Loften and Marcques Dixon.

whats the stroy on dooley?

can he recruit?

does he have the coaching connections to bring in top guys and good recruiters?

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

whats the stroy on dooley?

can he recruit?

does he have the coaching connections to bring in top guys and good recruiters?

Supposedly he was Saban's director of recruiting at LSU so that is a start.

BTW, I just realized you got a time out in OC's "Magic Kingdom" thread (I had absolutely nothing to do with that fwiw).
laugh.gif
smh.gif

IMO, he may have been the best hire of them all. He has the loyalty to the program that his pops down at UGA had ; Good luck UTK fans

Did you watch the interview? He seems like a guy who is really blessed to get a job like of this stature IMO. His pops led UGA for 25 years and im for sure helearned something from his pops from all those years...Loyalty

Looks like Tressel will pay Chaz Green a visit this coming week.
I dont see Green coming though.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

We might lose Jeremy Davis over academics.
smh.gif

And to UNC of all places.......the irony.
Care to elaborate?

I know Davis is in Chapel Hill on an OV this weekend, but is he not going to qualify for the U?

Sean Parker is on an official visit to USC, the official visit that he had originally cancelled.
mad.gif
FU kiffin

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

We might lose Jeremy Davis over academics.
smh.gif

And to UNC of all places.......the irony.
Care to elaborate?

I know Davis is in Chapel Hill on an OV this weekend, but is he not going to qualify for the U?

ACT score is low but he has a decent GPA. We'd have to use a sliding scale to get him in. Which we may or may not do. It's not really Shannon'sdecision. UM admin is so stupid. As badly as we've been recruiting all the extra admission criteria isn't helping either. How are we going to turn downa kid based on academics only for him to go to UNC? -_-

A OU site reporting that OU might reach out and hire Jim Jeffcoat for the DL. Trying to come hard at Jackson.

Originally Posted by Statis22

A OU site reporting that OU might reach out and hire Jim Jeffcoat for the DL. Trying to come hard at Jackson.
I heard that earlier, too.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Joker has nabbed Wesley McGriff from Miami to be UK's secondary coach.

CHARLOTTESVILLE -- Rumors have been swirling for days that a few Hurricane assistants could be on their way out. Turns out one of them is true and oneisn't. According to a source who spoke with our Susan Miller Degnan moments ago, defensive line coach and recruiting coordinator Clint Hurtt has beeninterviewed by Louisville and is likely going to be given a job on new coach Charlie Strong's staff. The other rumored coach to be leaving, defensive backscoach Wesley McGriff, told me moments ago he isn't going anywhere and "to please end the rumors." "Any rumors of me leaving are totallyfalse," Wesley McGriff said by phone Saturday night. "I'm staying at the University of Miami. I haven't spoken to anyone at Kentucky or anyother school. I haven't interviewed. I'm a Hurricane. Please let everyone know that." Hurtt has not answered repeated phone calls. But if we canget him on the phone, we will try to get something from him. Last week, a source told me the Hurricanes are interested in bringing in former UM defensivelineman and USF defensive line coach Kevin Patrick as Hurtt's replacement.

^ when was that written?

> Posted by Shandel Richardson on January 16, 2010 07:56 PM

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va., _ Getting set for tip-off for the UM-Virginia game at John Paul Jones Arena. As usual, I'll check in with update/analysis.

Also, there's likely a bit of football news in the coming days involving the coaching staff. A source told me defensive line coach/recruiting coordinator Clint Hurtt could be headed to Louisville as linebackers coach. Secondary coach Wesley McGriff is possibly headed to Kentucky for the same position.

Stay tuned ...

Jacques Smith is back
he'll be back at school on Tuesday
pimp.gif

Marcques Dixon is claimin Vol

f0b35761eb6fab878a9c5d35961d576a75881a9.jpg

pimp.gif

Corey nelson brang the fam
pimp.gif

Eddrick Lofton is lovin Knoxville

Ralph W is still a Vol

Calvin Smith says Vol

Markeith Ambles says hes committed but will look but will give Dooley the chance to sell him the program
pimp.gif

Dooley & lance Thompson = great recruiters with a proven track record.

Lookin pretty good.

Lemonier to UM?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom