09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Ya, I heard he was a silent
smh.gif
frown.gif

Owwwwww let's get it Double D!!! I think the Vols will end up better than we all thought. I can't wait to get on the Hill this fall!!!

Originally Posted by dreClark

Confident are we?

Yeah I feel pretty good about Werner. His coaches have ties to our coaches and distance wont play a factor it seem as he is from germany. Also before his visithe listed Oregon and Maryland as his leaders. And Maryland is.....well Maryland. I'm not saying FSU has no chance, but I think he will end up in Oregon. Ifhe doesnt we are screwed at DT.

Brendon Bigelow (2011) to U-Dub. Kid is going to be one of the top RB in CA next year. Flying under the radar right now.

This is going too far now...

Tebow's now taking on abortion during the damn Super Bowl...

Tebow to appear in Super Bowl commercial
Jan 16, 2:06 pm EST
Buzz up!
Print
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP)-Tim Tebow is taking his star power to sport's biggest stage.

The former Florida quarterback and his mother will appear in a 30-second commercial during the Super Bowl next month. The Christian group Focus on the Family says the Tebows will share a personal story centering on the theme "Celebrate Family, Celebrate Life."

The group isn't releasing details, but the commercial is likely to be an anti-abortion message chronicling Pam Tebow's 1987 pregnancy. After getting sick during a mission trip to the Philippines, she ignored a recommendation by doctors to abort her fifth child and gave birth to Tim.

The 2007 Heisman Trophy winner ended his college career with several NCAA, Southeastern Conference and school records, and two national championships. Tebow also has been very involved in his family's Christian-based ministry.

Jim Daly, president and CEO of Focus on the Family, said the commercial comes at a time when "families need to be inspired."

"Tim and Pam share our respect for life and our passion for helping families thrive," Daly said. "Focus on the Family is about … strengthening families by empowering them with the tools they need to live lives rooted in morals and values."

Thirty-second commercials during the Super Bowl are selling for between $2.5 million and $2.8 million. Daly said all the funds for the ad came from a handful of "very generous and committed friends," and that no money from the group's general fund was used.

"Now that the ad has been shot, we're excited to tell people it's coming because the Tebows' story is such an important one for our culture to hear," he said. "You won't want to miss it."

[table][tr][td]Boston: 'It's Up in the Air'
premium.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
769836.jpg

[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[table][tr][td]
By Don Callahan

Inside Carolina
Posted Jan 17, 2010
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...{{title}} {{url}}&lng=en&uid=4a3d868a2fb9f4e3 http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...ent is unsettled.&lng=en&uid=4a3d868a2fb9f4e3 http://www.blogger.com/blog_this.py.../2/938571.html&n=Boston: 'It's Up in the Air' http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/938571.html#email-a-friend-window http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=10&c=938571&refid=4781 | More

Before Friday, Tre Boston thought he knew where he'd be playing college ball. Now, after officially visiting North Carolina, his recruitment is unsettled.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
"[My recruitment] is pretty much up in the air right now," Boston said. "I have a lot to think about."
Boston, 6-foot-1, 175-pound cornerback from North Fort Myers (Fla.), verbally committed to Cincinnati in early July. But when head coach Brian Kelly left for Notre Dame, he began looking into other schools. After an official trip to Cincinnati a week ago, he reaffirmed his commitment to the Bearcats.

Now after visiting UNC, Boston, who is finished taking official visits, plans to decide between Cincinnati and the Tar Heels by the end of this week.

Tuesday, Boston will host Butch Davis for an in-home visit.

"[Davis] is going to talk to my mom, because he hasn't spoken to her yet," Boston said. "He's pretty much going tell her everything about the school."

Boston hopes to also schedule an in-home visit with Butch Jones, Cincinnati's newly hired head coach, this week.

"After I get both [Jones and Davis] in the house, I can sit down with my mom and we can talk about where I want to go to," Boston said.

The UNC official visit marked Boston's first trip to Chapel Hill.

"I learned a lot - how good the school is there, the coaching staff, everything," Boston said.

Boston didn't bring any family members with him on the visit, but made the trip with friend and fellow official visitor Jeremy Davis.

"We're both recruits, plus we're both from the same town," Boston said. "We had a good time."

Senior safety Da'Norris Searcy served as Boston's host during his stay.

"He's cool," Boston said. "He's a real good guy. We pretty much just had fun. He just showed me and told me everything that Chapel Hill has to offer me."

Besides a lot of eating, Boston's UNC official visit included a campus tour and the UNC-Georgia Tech basketball game.

"[The visit] went great," Boston said. "I loved it."

Throughout his stay, Boston spent a great deal of time with UNC's entire coaching staff. Though, he met extensively with Everett Withers, UNC's defensive coordinator, and Troy Douglas, UNC's defensive backs coach.

"They were just telling me if I came to the school it would be a big benefit for me," Boston said. "They told me football has to end at some point. But leaving with a North Carolina degree is a whole other thing."

Boston closed out his stay Sunday afternoon with a meeting with Butch Davis.

"He told me that he thinks it's the right program for me," Boston said.

"He asked me how I liked my trip. I told him I loved it. I was thinking about not coming, but I came. They showed me it was worth my while."

Tre Boston Profile
[/td] [/tr][/table]
I could see us stealing him on signing day.

Michigan gets a commit from Warren Harding DE Davion Rogers. 6-6 205lbs and moves well. I like it since we are not deep on the DL. Puts the class at 25 withDrake out and hopefully RR can impress Parker and maybe even snag Torrain Wilson too.

Also gets a commit from 2011 CB Delonte Hollwell. He is from Cass Tech and that is becoming our best pipeline to get kids from Detroit. They have a solid 2012class as well with 3 guys already looking to be solid players. EDIT: Also appears that Devin Gardner will be attending classes on Tuesday. That would be a hugebonus for this class. Gotta love QBs coming in for winter/spring especially when ur #1 just got his shoulder worked on.

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

mike, is ucla taking a qb for this years class? and what qbs are we looking at?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

smh.gif
decommitting this late

who knows

we started the summer with not wanting to take a QB this class. Brett Nottingham put on a show at the UCLA camp and RN wanted to offer him so we did.he had been saying since day 1 he is all UCLA

Back
Top Bottom