09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

i thought Miami Northwestern was the U pipe line? UL got 3 players from there like its there pipeline

Miami guys can correct me if I'm wrong but UM's treatment of Todd Chandler has created a strain on that relationship.

hey all the NikeTalk Canes fans are okay with this.
ohwell.gif
well except forKyrk...

Rod Garner told Chris Low he's interested in a position on UT staff

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Originally Posted by RoOk

Cannot wait for devin Gardner to get going ; Dude has scouts raving about his potential. One scout i heard compares him to a faster version of Tyrod Taylor with more breakout ability
pimp.gif
Ohh yeahh, Ann Arbor will be rocking with firepower in about 2 years

Tyrod Taylor
grin.gif
? Is that a good thing? I would say Gardner is more comparable to Vince Young or Terrell Pryor. Gardner is prolly the better passer of the two but may not be the runner Young/Pryor are, not that he can't be dangerous w/ his legs.

How is Torrian's knee? I read UofM backed off of him after he injured it.
I'm saying...He is NOTHING like Tyrod Taylor.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
...he looks like a poor man's Vince Young if you're going tocompare him to anyone regarding size/skill set right now.

Who the hell is "this scout" you're referring to? Dude will probably be out of a job shortly if he is being serious.

maybe you guys should go read the scouting report on Taylor coming out of high school and see if it really is that far off

Originally Posted by dreClark

Tyrod Taylor was an ANIMAL coming out of HS, and this past season Tyrod played very well.
maybe you guys should go read the scouting report on Taylor coming out of high school and see if it really is that far off

laugh.gif

these Nuckleheads talkin like Ty5 was a 2* scrub with No tools
tired.gif

Guy was the #1 dual QB in 07 ahead of cam, willy korn and corp

I'm not trying to put Taylor down, I'm just saying to compare Gardner and Taylor prolly isn't a good comparison.

Also has Taylor played up to his ranking? It seems like I've seen him get clowned in here more than anything. This is an honest question, I've onlyseen him play a couple times.

I'm not trying to put Taylor down, I'm just saying to compare Gardner and Taylor prolly isn't a good comparison.
You're right.

Tyrod was probably better.

'N was called 'Baby Vick' for a reason and it won't just because he's from Va.

^^Thats what im saying. Give Taylor the threats they had when they had Royal & Clowney at wr's and others and Taylor would be a Heisman frontrunner...No doubt. He was a Fr. when they were Sr's but Glennon got the more PT Smh

Edit: Gardner has more size (6'5 compared to 6'0 with T-Rod) but Taylor height doesn't hinder him from good results. Get ready for T-Rod nextseason with Evans & Williams back together
pimp.gif

I wasn't hating on Tyrod Taylor past or present. I knew he was a beast prospect. I've watched him play a lot at Va Tech, and like Dre said, hestarted to come into his own this year. I'm just saying the comparison is pretty weak. Tyrod is built like a DB and has a rocket downfield.

I've also seen Devin play in person. He looks just like a poor man's Vince Young (same build). The reason I say poor man's is because of how goodVince was at Texas. The kid looks like he will be the goods. His game/build/makeup resembles almost nothing with Tyrod's game (again, no shot at Tyrodwhatsoever).

It's basically like comparing Mike Vick and Vince Young because they're both black dual threat QB's (while they are/were 2 COMPLETELY differenttypes of players). *shrugs*

Also has Taylor played up to his ranking? It seems like I've seen him get clowned in here more than anything. This is an honest question, I've only seen him play a couple times.
Yeah, Tyrod played like some @!#! for a good amount of his time at VT. Really up and down, esp since he was in and out w/ Glennon. He waschastised on here and rightfully so.

But the boy turned it around and played well this year. Actually won games w/ his arm.

Also has Taylor played up to his ranking? It seems like I've seen him get clowned in here more than anything. This is an honest question, I've only seen him play a couple times.
Yeah, Tyrod played like some @!#! for a good amount of his time at VT. Really up and down, esp since he was in and out w/ Glennon. He was chastised on here and rightfully so.

But the boy turned it around and played well this year. Actually won games w/ his arm.
That Nebraska game he really showed he can hurt teams with his arm.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Oregon guys, how did Bax's visit go?
nerd.gif

Telfer, Scroggins, Bailey, Morgan and Woods all had their OV today, and Telfer said "I know Jesse Scroggins loved the staff for sure. Everyone else there was pretty much committed, so we didn't talk about the new coaches a lot figuring we were all honoring our commitment."

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Marcus Lattimore eliminates Oregon and Penn State.

Hes down to Auburn and South Carolina.
I figured he wouldn't choose Oregon, but still
ohwell.gif

Eventhough at this point we probably won't land him, I would love to get Sticks McCartney in for a visit this weekend.

Eric Dungy got an offer from FSU as a greyshirt. I believe FSU was/is his childhood favorite/dream school.

Who knows if he'll take it, or if he'll be a baller on the field. But that would certainly be good press/exposure for the Noles
pimp.gif

Good for him.

Jay, from what I'm seeing on Nelson, his parents had bought non-refundable plane tickets that had to be used... They had planned to go up there and visitwith the Kiffins...

Apparently if LK was still there, this really might have been something... But from what I'm hearing, don't write them off because he did enjoy thetrip quite a bit, but they're probably not a huge threat without CLK and Monte...

Yeah, Tyrod played like some @!#! for a good amount of his time at VT. Really up and down, esp since he was in and out w/ Glennon. He was chastised on here and rightfully so.

Yea he's had a couple bad games. He played so well at times during his true freshman year (when he sonned FSU
laugh.gif
) that I was really let down when hedidn't do so well his soph year, even though all the receivers left.

This year he finally grew into the player I thought he was gonna be. Looked solid in the Chick Fil A Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom