09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Look out for dat 2010 Nebraska Cornhuskers team. O will be healthy and experienced and D will be sick (of course).

ilzrpe.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Marcus Lattimore eliminates Oregon and Penn State.

Hes down to Auburn and South Carolina.

Good, don't want to see him in the B10.

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Marcus Lattimore eliminates Oregon and Penn State.

Hes down to Auburn and South Carolina.

Good, don't want to see him in the B10.
It's obvious he's going to be a Gamecock.

Auburn website reports that he's a War Eagle lean, but that's just Auburn being Auburn. Don't read into it.

He ain't letting the cat outta the bag till the night before signing day, but dude grew up a Gamecock fan and got a standing O last week at the homebasketball game. Spurrier even switched up the offense slightly this season to accomodate pressure from Lattimore. We are running some type of zone option readhybrid next season, trying to get Marcus 20 or so carries a contest.

He'll will be South Carolina's top prep signee in program history coming out of HS. The only other recent 5* RB was Demetrius Summers. His career inGarnet and Black was marred by legal problems.

Jarvis Giles is now on transfer watch in Columbia.

NT knows I'm one of the few Gamecock fans on this board. I don't post during football season, mainly due to our mediocrity. I drove 8 hours to attendthe bowl game and was thoroughly disgusted. With that being said, next season will be our last shot at 9 wins anytime soon. Ddot07 can attest to my fanhood,dude's all over Clemson. RIP Gaines btw.

As usual, go Gamecocks!

[table][tr][td]Turner Down to Two
premium.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
771722.jpg

[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[table][tr][td]
By Don Callahan

Inside Carolina
Posted Jan 18, 2010
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...{{title}} {{url}}&lng=en&uid=4a3d868a2fb9f4e3 http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...s on Signing Day.&lng=en&uid=4a3d868a2fb9f4e3 http://www.blogger.com/blog_this.py....scout.com/2/938989.html&n=Turner Down to Two http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/938989.html#email-a-friend-window http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=10&c=938989&refid=4781 | More

After an official visit to North Carolina over the weekend, Rutgers verbal commitment Casey Turner says he'll choose between the Tar Heels and Scarlet Knights on Signing Day.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
"I have to talk to my parents and see what they think," Turner said. "I'm still committed [to Rutgers]. But there's a chance, there's definitely a chance I could switch [my commitment] to North Carolina."
Visiting UNC built on Turner's already strong feelings for the Tar Heels.

"First thing is: I like the colors," Turner said. "It's not far from home. And I felt real comfortable down there."

Turner, a 5-foot-11, 190-pound tailback from Jacksonville (Fla.) White, switched his verbal commitment from Florida International to Rutgers in late October.

"[I visited UNC despite my commitment to Rutgers], because I still wanted to see other places," Turner said. "I just committed early - I didn't sign the papers."

Turner, who officially visited Rutgers in early December, says he's finished taking official trips.

Turner's UNC official visit began Saturday morning and ended Monday afternoon. During his stay, Turner, who was accompanied by both of his parents, toured the campus, attended the UNC-Georgia Tech basketball game, and ate at several Chapel Hill restaurants.

"[The visit] was good," Turner said. "It was a nice experience. Chapel Hill is real old - some of the classrooms are from way back when the school first opened."

Additionally, Turner's visit included watching film with Kenny Browning, UNC's running backs coach.

"He was showing me just the different plays they run," Turner said. "He showed me how they would use me."

Sunday evening, Turner and his parents met with Butch Davis.

"He was talking about how North Carolina is a good school," Turner said. "My parents were asking him questions and he was answering them for them."

Turner was told that UNC is looking to sign two running backs with the 2010 recruiting class.

Junior running back Devin Ramsay served as Turner's host throughout his stay.

Casey Turner Profile
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Pretty positive article for UNC IMO, but you gotta take it with a grain of salt seeing as it is coming from IC. I know we're trying to take 2RBs this class. I think our board looks something like 1. Gio Bernard, 2. Brandon Gainer, 3. Casey Turner, 4. Lucky Radley.

Gio didn't make it down this past weekend as he supposedly moved it to this coming one. I would love to steal him away and then also pick up Turner. Fromwhat I've read Gainer is a UCF lean and has a few teammates already committed to them.

I don't care if Delonte ran a 4.6-4.7 while he was going into his Junior year. Kid was shutting it down in SA and was one of the most impressive DBs thereaccording to Rivals. He needs to work on zone coverage since all he does in press but he should learn. Kid was a stud at the Michigan camp last year and shouldbe again this summer.

Vols hire Charlie Baggett as WR coach... named him assistant head coach.
NFL pedigree,
coached Cris Carter, randy Moss Andre Rison

and Andre rison runs the WR camp markeith ambles attends.

go get em Chollie!
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
DLo
Da'Rick Rodgers and Nance told people they are excited UT retained coach Chaney as OC... and theyre comin to visit Saturday.
smokin.gif

I hope we get revenge for MB [sir smoke alot]god if ur up there ...HELP!

Doc Holliday
pimp.gif

Darius Millines de-committs from WVA, chooses marshall
Travis Bell, Fred Pickett, and Antwan Chissolm verbal to Marshall

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Nickell Robey is taking an official visit to SC on the 29th. This kid any good?

[young dro] man dat boy fiya [/young dro]

pimp.gif

he's following Monte.
Monte told him he can be Ronde barber

Yall will get him, he is committed to UGA but he lookin for any excuse to get out that commit
I bet he ends up bein the most physical CB yall have within 2 yrs

Yeah, I don't even follow recruiting closely and it's been pretty well known that Lattimore has always been going to South Carolina. He's justplaying the game, probably partially orchestrated by South Carolina's coaches. They're pretty good at that...then signing these highly rated recruitsthat don't amount to anything.

Dietrich Riley is a sad puppy now that UF stopped calling him since the AA game practices when it looked like Elam would re-committed

He better hope USC doesnt land Dixon and passes on him altogether

Riley better holla at Brian Kelly

[table][tr][td]Baxter Doing Due Diligence
premium.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]This story originally published on SuperPrep.com[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
767906.jpg

Dillon Baxter
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[table][tr][td]
By Brandon Huffman

West Recruiting Manager
Posted Jan 18, 2010
[/td] [td]
689652.jpg

[/td] [/tr][/table]

http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...{{title}} {{url}}&lng=en&uid=4868260a4627085f http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...is recruitment...&lng=en&uid=4868260a4627085f http://www.blogger.com/blog_this.py...om/2/938627.html&n=Baxter Doing Due Diligence http://michigan.scout.com/2/938627.html#email-a-friend-window http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=10&c=938627&refid=4781 | More

San Diego (Calif.) Mission Bay running back Dillon Baxter talks about his official visit to Oregon and where he's at in his recruitment...
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
San Diego (Calif.) Mission Bay running back Dillon Baxter thought he'd be spending this weekend at USC, finishing up his first weekend as a college student.
Baxter committed to USC nearly two years ago, and was solid a commit to USC as they came.

But Pete Carroll's departure to the NFL postponed Baxter's early enrollment at USC and caused him to reopen his recruitment.

So Baxter used this past weekend to visit Oregon, his third official visit.

"It was cool there," said Baxter. "It was kind of wet but it was still cool."

The California single-season touchdown record holder is rated as a running back, and projects to either running back or receiver in college.

But after running the Wildcat to record-setting numbers this year for Mission Bay, his versatility is something the Oregon coaches are selling him on.

"They want me to play quarterback and they also want me to play slot and tailback," said Baxter. "They just kind of want to move me around."

Baxter though, said he's no closer to making a decision.

"Nah, I'm not sure what I'm doing yet," said Baxter.

He's scheduled to visit Florida this coming weekend.

[h1]San Diego RB Dillon Baxter puts off USC enrollment for visit to Gainesville[/h1]

Running back Dillon Baxter (5-11, 187) of Mission Bay High in San Diego was supposed to start classes this week at Southern Cal.

Don't save a seat for him just yet. In the aftermath of one of the most bizarre off-seasons for college football coaching changes, which included head coach Pete Carroll leaving USC, Baxter has other plans.

He could remain a USC commitment, but he's checking out his options, which will include a visit to Gainesville this weekend to hear Florida's pitch.

Baxter visited Oregon this past weekend and then he comes to Florida. He visited Michigan and USC back in November and has one more left. Hometown San Diego State coach Brady Hoke is trying to get in on the action.

So the battle is on for the Army national player of the year and the others might be concerned about this weekend. A visit to Florida and a chat with Urban Meyer has made quite an impression on several players so far. So much so that the Gators have the No. 1-ranked recruiting class in the nation and they're still looking for more.

Meyer and crew have landed two California commitments and are still courting DB Dietrick Riley (La Canada, Calif., St. Francis) -- and now Baxter.

Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] 2010, Orlando Sentinel
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Dietrich Riley is a sad puppy now that UF stopped calling him since the AA game practices when it looked like Elam would re-committed

he has been around UCLA for the past few weeks

LSU offered him last week and he will vist them now

Mike Farrel says Markeith Ambles decommitted.

Brent Hubbs just talked to Ambles and he sayys he didnt...

I believe farrell

Dooley will visit Markeith tomorrow.

Eddrick Loften is visiting Texas A&M on Jan 29... Would be HUGE for the Aggies if they could find room and take him... Need safety help somethin serious.
sick.gif

They're probably going to lose Fobbs on his LSU trip, but closing with Terrell Reese and Loften would be very nice...

Mike Farrel says Markeith Ambles decommitted.

Brent Hubbs just talked to Ambles and he sayys he didnt...

I believe farrell

Dooley will visit Markeith tomorrow.
Don't have Rivals premium, but apparently the interview with Ambles from carolinalbue.com says basically Ambles is playing things close to thevest. He's going to wait until NSD and might not OV the Vols and will decide on other visits by Wednesday.

What does Farrel say in regards to him "decommitting" on the rivals main board?

Baxter didn't sound too impressed with his Oregon visit. He's got Florida up next. I still feel good that he'll end up at SC.

Tennessee:
Sources tell us that Head Coach Derek Dooley is expected to interview TCU Defensive Coordinator %*+@ Bumpus for the vacant Defensive Coordinator
position on his staff.

Calvin Smith favoring Nick Saban now...

so was LJ in Gainesville this weekend ?

and since earlier this evening there has been some horrendous rumor abour Layla Kiffin gettin her creep on with Former player Brent Vinson...
someone says its legit and the story will break soon. said police were involved at one point.
Vinson has been released from his scholly and was benched earlier in the seasson
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

he has been around UCLA for the past few weeks

LSU offered him last week and he will vist them now
I see him landing in Westwood.

Baxter didn't sound too impressed with his Oregon visit. He's got Florida up next. I still feel good that he'll end up at SC.

I feel the same way.

Back
Top Bottom