09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

How does USC have 20 committs when they only have 18 schollies to give out before they max out at 85 ...

Robey or Stanley's grades in question?

or has CLK booted a couple guys off the team already?
Who said 18?  CLK had at least 22 scholarships to give.  I heard up to 25 by some people.
Only recruit that wasn't honored was Dak Smith who was headed to JC anyways.  

Here's the list of those scholarship players expected to be eligible to return in 2010:

Defensive Tackles: (5)
Tupou, Fangupo, Simmons, D. Harris, Casey,
Defensive Ends: (6)
Griffen, Armstead, Jackson, Perry, Horton, Kennard
Linebackers: (9)
M. Morgan, M. Smith, J. Campbell, Galippo, S. Horton, Kaveinga, Greene, J. Jones, M Simmons
Cornerbacks: (6)
M. Jones, Wright, Bryant, Baucham, T. Harris, Moore
Safeties: (5)
Erickson, McAllister, Hall, McDonald, Starling
Special Teams: (3)
Harfman, Stephenson, Pousson
Offensive Line: (10)
O'Dowd, Heberer, Lewis, Coleman, Reardon, T. Smith, Martinez, Holmes, Graf, Kalil
Split End and Flanker: (
glasses.gif

Ausberry, Cameron, Johnson, Patterson, D. Williams, Carswell, Butler, Flournoy
Tight End: (3)
Ayles, R. Ellison, Boyd
Running Back: (5)
Bradford, Gable, McKnight, Tyler, McNeal
Fullback: (3)
Havili, Shoemate, Vehikite
Quarterback: (3)
Mustain, Corp, Barkley

19 + corp, mcfumble, damien, everson, kavienga = 24

"I think that it is noted from when I was here before there are kids that as you know them and get to meet them that are SC kids and kids that want to go across town to play, I think it is kinda pretty easy to tell which kids go to which places"
ok thats what the clown said

same #$++

This kid Devin is gonna be something special 
pimp.gif

But Gardner had a message for the schools that did bash your Maize and Blue.  When asked if he experienced grief from negative ne11ies out there, Gardner dropped this classic blast:
Oh definitely.  Ohio State fans, on Facebook.  They were telling me some unforgiveable things.  But it’s okay.  They’re going to have to play me someday so I don’t know if that was a good idea.

More from Gardner:
  • Gardner said the Michigan playbook is almost identical to that of Inkster, just with different names for the plays. 
  • He’s very comfortable with his classes at U-M.  Thinks the hype over the work/study load was overblown and he’s all over it.
  • Called the drama over whether he’d be able to enroll early “one of the most nerve-wracking experiences of my life

I like the class Oregon got.
Wish we could have reeled in some other DL guys (Easley, Owa)

But if Kelly likes what he's got then I have faith in that.

Originally Posted by Pac10OWNsSEC

whats this noise on henderson not sending his LOI to USC yet and is going to stay a verbal?
Apparently Seantrel's dad wants him to hold off on LOI till after NCAA meeting later this month.

whats this noise on henderson not sending his LOI to USC yet and is going to stay a verbal?

his father is reporting that he is going to wait to sign until the NCAA hearing... the kid is milking the attention thats for sure.. but i really cant blame him on wanting to wait until the hearing. im sure at the end of the day we end up with him as im not thinking much is going to happen as far as the football program is concerned. 

**edit** oops, didnt see the reply above me  

Originally Posted by Statis22

Williams, Rouse, other recruits who didn't pan out

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 | Feedback | Print Entry

Signing day is here, and every coach can say how great things havegone. Of course, we won't really know how good any of these two- orfive-star recruits truly are until they suit up and play some games.

We'veseen countless reasons there is no such thing as a can't-miss recruit.In that vein, this week's list: the top 10 recruiting disappointmentsof the past decade. (I'm not calling them "busts" because a few of themwere sidetracked by nagging injuries.)

1. Willie Williams, Miami Hurricanes, 2004: Williams' story sounds like a modern-day Dan Jenkins tale. The Miaminative is practically iconic in recruiting discussions because of thestartling recruiting diaries he helped write for The Miami Heraldduring his recruitment. Everything about the linebacker's over-the-toprecruiting visits screamed excess, and in response, the NCAA folksscreamed reform to try to remove -- or at least diminish -- the aspectof celebrity involved in the process.

Rightafter Williams announced his commitment to Miami, word of his rap sheetspread. UM president Donna Shalala defended the decision to admitWilliams amid controversy, and she sent a letter to students and alumnito explain her reasoning. Turns out Williams, the No. 6-rated recruitin his class according to Rivals.com, had little impact for the Caneson the field. He couldn't crack the linebacker rotation and thenbailed, beginning a mind-numbing series of moves. First he went to WestLos Angeles CC and then the Louisville Cardinals,where he spent less than a half-season before getting into trouble.Then he went to Division II Glenville (W.Va) State before finishing hiscollege career at Union College, a National Association ofIntercollegiate Athletics school in Kentucky.

2. Whitney Lewis, USC Trojans, 2003: Touted as a physical wideout, Lewis was ranked No. 3 overall in thenation. USC coaches had even higher hopes. In a class with Reggie Bush,LenDale White and Steve Smith, Lewis was the recruit the Trojans' staffthought would prove to be the best. Instead, he had conditioning issuesand didn't seem to want to play at USC. He barely touched the field,catching three passes for the Trojans before transferring to NorthernIowa after three seasons. Lewis played at both running back andreceiver for the Panthers and had a modest career there in the GatewayConference.

3. Fred Rouse, Florida State Seminoles, 2005: The gift that keeps on giving to the Noles. Rouse, a local product fromTallahassee, admittedly struggled to handle his recruiting process (hewas the country's No. 6-rated recruit) and came to FSU with hugeexpectations. The 6-foot-4, 190-pound receiver played as a freshman forthe Noles and flashed some talent but eventually was kicked off theteam after being arrested with a teammate and charged with breakinginto the apartment of an FSU player. Rouse later transferred to the UTEP Miners,for whom he caught 25 passes, but he left after the season for personalreasons. He almost enrolled at Texas Southern, but that didn't workout, so instead he played this season at tiny Concordia College inSelma, Ala. A few months ago, Rouse was linked to the Noles again as part of an "Outside the Lines" investigation into FSU's academics.

4. Kyle Williams, Iowa Hawkeyes, 2004: The touted linebacker, ranked 14th in the class, had to leave Iowabecause of NCAA eligibility clearinghouse issues, so he headed toMilford Academy. He signed with the Purdue Boilermakers a year later and made 28 tackles there. But in 2007, he was sentenced to 37 years in prison for assault.

5. Jason Gwaltney, West Virginia Mountaineers, 2005: One of the most celebrated football recruits to come out of LongIsland, Gwaltney was a punishing runner who had offers from coast tocoast. He was a five-star back, and the difference between him and '05WVU classmate Steve Slaton -- a three-star rusher -- is fascinating.Slaton earned All-American honors and has done well with the NFL'sHouston Texans. Meanwhile, Gwaltney gained only 186 yards as a freshman(almost 1,000 fewer than Slaton had that season) and then ran into someoff-the-field issues. He later played for C.W. Post and resurfaced thisseason at Kean University, a Division III school in New Jersey, butsuffered an ankle injury that sidelined him early.

6. Nate Robinson, Rutgers Scarlet Knights, 2003: Greg Schiano's first blue-chip recruit had committed to Miami but wastold he wouldn't be admitted. So he spent two seasons at RU and battledconditioning issues before being dismissed. He then transferred toAkron. He later signed as a free agent with the New York Sentinels ofthe United Football League but was cut before the season started.

7. Ben Olson, Brigham Young Cougars, 2002: The nation's top quarterback prospect from Southern California pickedBYU, redshirted, went on a two-year mission and then transferred hometo the UCLA Bruins,where he struggled with some nagging injuries and couldn't beat outPatrick Cowan. However, after Cowan went down with a serious injury,Olson broke his right foot. Then, on the brink of the Bruins' pro day,Olson reinjured his foot and had to sit out. He has not played since.

8. Brandon Jeffries, Tennessee Volunteers, 2002: Touted as arguably the nation's top O-lineman, the North Carolina native never got on the field for the Vols. He transferred to NC State, but didn't make an impact for the Wolfpack. Then he transferred to Division II Newbury College.

9. Ofa Mohetau, BYU, 2003:Mohetau is a bulldozer. The 6-3, 350-pound guard started eight games tobegin his career at BYU, but then he was derailed by academic issuesand injury. He transferred to the College of the Sequoias in Californiaand then to the Texas Tech Red Raiders,where he didn't contribute much. He has resurfaced recently in themixed martial arts world, as online reports say he won the NativeAmerican heavyweight world championship at the Gladiator Challenge.Interesting stuff.
10. Xavier Lee, FSU, 2004: In a longline of celebrated passer recruits at the Florida schools, "Xavier theSavior" appeared to have as much raw talent as any of them. He threwfor more than 9,000 yards in high school and was a two-time Mr.Football in Florida. Trouble was, despite his powerful arm, thenation's No. 10-rated recruit couldn't overtake Drew Weatherford. Leeended up bypassing his senior season to enter the NFL draft but wasn'tinvited to the combine. He went undrafted but was signed by theBaltimore Ravens as a tight end. In 2009, he played receiver for theArkansas Twisters of the Arena Football League 2.
List has no credibility without Kyle Wright.

tommy tub do anything today?
Not really... Holding together most of the class aside from Boone is a feat in and of itself, though...

There was a serious chance of that thing falling apart after he didn't retain anybody from the last staff...

Originally Posted by tmay407

Rumor has it Jarrett Fobbs took the ol' "pick the hat" move one step further...he had two LOIs signed, one to A&M and one to LSU. He started to fax the LOI to A&M, then hit the cancel button...turned and smiled to the cameras...then faxed the LSU LOI.

What an #%%*$%!
laugh.gif
eek.gif
got em
laugh.gif

MF'n UW. I guess there's life after all. I can't even remember a time when on national television a top recruit selects the Huskies over the likes of a USC or Michigan. I can't remember a commitment to the dawgs on national television at all for that matter. Hmmm....

My goodness, Tosh Lupoi kicked #!+ on the recruiting trail...

1. Chris Martin -- 5-star DE from Colorado
2. Keenan Allen -- 5-star Safety from North Carolina
3. Gabe King -- 4-star DE from Oregon/North Carolina
4. Chris McCain -- 4-star LB -- from North Carolina
5. Cecil Whiteside -- 4-star LB -- from California
6. Nick Forbes -- 4-star LB -- from Maryland

"I think that it is noted from when I was here before there are kids that as you know them and get to meet them that are SC kids and kids that want to go across town to play, I think it is kinda pretty easy to tell which kids go to which places"
ok thats what the clown said

same #$++
"As youget to know kids, some are SC and the ones that aren't go across townand play (at UCLA). I think it's pretty easy to tell which kids go towhich places..." 
laugh.gif

yeah ok.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Anyways, what would you say the early needs for the 11 class is for your school?
1 QB
1-2 WR
4-5 OL *already have 1 commit, Trey Pettis*
1-2 RB *already have 1 commit, Eric Beverly*
DL 4-5
1-2 LB
2 CB *already have 1 commit, Keelin Smith*
2 S *already have 1 commit, Lamarcus Brutus*

Pretty sure were gonna have a smaller, 20-22 schollie class next year.

Ayyyyye, DLo, what's good w/ Richt and the UGA contingent (including a teacher at Lowndes ) going at the Lowndes Head Coach because of Telvin coming to FSU? I read they really laid into the HC and disrespected the man, talking about he steered Telvin to FSU. Why would you wanna do that at LOWNDES?!?!!?! Ahhh man, that's music to my ears
pimp.gif

The day after U.S.C.’s visit, Miami Coach Randy Shannon made his home visit, but it was delayed by an hour and a half while Seantrel was having his hair done.

After declaring that he thought he was bound for U.S.C. just after midnight Friday, Henderson and his father left freezing temperatures in Minneapolis in a limousine sent by Miami to head to the airport to make their official visit to the university in Coral Gables, Fla. The trip was Henderson’s fifth and final official N.C.A.A. visit, and it came on the weekend of the Pro Bowl in Miami Gardens, Fla.

That night, Seantrel Henderson was taken to a Miami club, where he met the former Miami stars Willis McGahee and Bryant McKinnie. The next day, McKinnie was kicked off the National Football Conference Pro Bowl team after two unexcused absences from practice. Henderson is often compared to McKinnie, a left tackle, because of their similar size and ability.

On Saturday night he went to a South Beach nightclub, where he met Baltimore Ravens free safety Ed Reed, another former Miami player.

“Come to the U.,

Back
Top Bottom