09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Joseph Gilbert, who has started 26 games on the offensive line for Georgia Tech over the past two seasons, might have to transfer.
Gilbert, a 6-foot-4, 280-pound native of Cartersville, is on pace to graduate with a degree in management this summer and has yet to be accepted into a graduate school at Tech. Should he not gain admission to graduate school at Tech, he would have to transfer to preserve his two years of eligibility.
Should Gilbert leave, Tech will start the season without three starters on the offensive line from the 2009 championship team after the graduations of Brad Sellers and Cord Howard.

Gilbert was Tech's first commitment in the 2007 class and was instrumental in recruiting other players.

Word is he's heading a couple blocks away to Georgia State University, who is playing their first I-AA season in the fall....and has a MBA program that @%!+@ on GT's anyway.
pimp.gif

UF's new DC gone already...

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Bills hire George Edwards as defensive coordinator [/h2]
ronswanson_tiny.jpg
by Brian Galliford on Feb 4, 2010 1:48 PM EST in News
comment.v1599.png
124 comments

Adam Schefter at ESPN is reporting that Buffalo Bills head coach Chan Gailey has tabbed George Edwards as his defensive coordinator. The Bills have announced the hire as well.

Roughly a month ago, on January 7, Edwards was named a co-defensive coordinator at the University of Florida aftera five-year stint as a linebackers coach with the Miami Dolphins. Lessthan four weeks later, Edwards will return to the NFL.

Edwards, 43, has coached in the NFL since 1998 with four differentteams. Prior to his stay in Miami, Edwards was an assistant defensivecoordinator and linebackers coach with Washington before gettingpromoted to defensive coordinator. He then spent a year as thedefensive coordinator in Cleveland before heading to Miami. Edwards gothis first NFL job from none other than Chan Gailey, who hired him ashis linebackers coach in 1998. Edwards spent four seasons in that post.

Prior to his NFL experience, Edwards was the defensive line coach atthe University of Georgia, where he coached current Bills defensivetackle Marcus Stroud. In all, Edwards has 19 years of coachingexperience.

Most importantly of all: Buffalo will be running a 3-4 alignment under Edwards, who confirmed as much to BuffaloBills.com:

Schedule just came out

Sept. 2 FLORIDA A&M
Sept. 11 at Ohio State
Sept. 23 at Pittsburgh, ESPN*
Oct. 2 at Clemson
Oct. 9 FLORIDA STATE
Oct. 16 at Duke
Oct. 23 NORTH CAROLINA
Oct. 30 at Virginia
Nov. 6 MARYLAND
Nov. 13 at Georgia Tech
Nov. 20 VIRGINIA TECH
Nov. 27 SOUTH FLORIDA
sick.gif

I'm thinking 7-5.

Some analyst on ESPN was just saying that Miami and Florida are probably going to keep a scholarship open for Seantrel in case something happens with the USC case. He said it's something to definitely keep an eye on...

It's BSPN though so take it for what it's worth.

i thought flordia max out there class?

the Meeting in Febuary is where the NCAA will talk if anything should happen to USC and the findings will not come out till late march/april

Florida State 2010 Football Schedule

Date Opponent Time
Sept. 4 SAMFORD TBA
Sept. 11 at Oklahoma TBA
Sept. 18 BYU TBA
Sept. 25 WAKE FOREST TBA
Oct. 2 at Virginia TBA
Oct. 9 at Miami TBA
Oct. 16 BOSTON COLLEGE TBA
Oct. 23 Open
Oct. 28 at NC State (Thurs.) 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 6 NORTH CAROLINA TBA
Nov. 13 CLEMSON TBA
Nov. 20 at Maryland TBA
Nov. 27 FLORIDA TBA

Originally Posted by tmay407

Good God...@ Ohio State, @ Pitt, and @ Georgia Tech?!?

sick.gif
I'm sayin though.
laugh.gif

HOw you schedule 3 consecutive road games against top 25 teams to start the season and then a rivalry game right after that?
laugh.gif

I think our AD trying to set Randy up.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Date Opponent Time
Sept. 4 SAMFORD TBA
Sept. 11 at Oklahoma TBA
Sept. 18 BYU TBA
Sept. 25 WAKE FOREST TBA
Oct. 2 at Virginia TBA
Oct. 9 at Miami TBA
Oct. 23 Open
Nov. 13 CLEMSON TBA
Nov. 20 at Maryland TBA
Nov. 27 FLORIDA TBA
Damn i didn't know we had Oklahoma this year.  Im very anxious to see what we can do this year.  Hopefully Greg Reid can continue to blossom

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

UF's new DC gone already...

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Bills hire George Edwards as defensive coordinator [/h2]
ronswanson_tiny.jpg
by Brian Galliford on Feb 4, 2010 1:48 PM EST in News
comment.v1599.png
124 comments

Adam Schefter at ESPN is reporting that Buffalo Bills head coach Chan Gailey has tabbed George Edwards as his defensive coordinator. The Bills have announced the hire as well.

Roughly a month ago, on January 7, Edwards was named a co-defensive coordinator at the University of Florida aftera five-year stint as a linebackers coach with the Miami Dolphins. Lessthan four weeks later, Edwards will return to the NFL.

Edwards, 43, has coached in the NFL since 1998 with four differentteams. Prior to his stay in Miami, Edwards was an assistant defensivecoordinator and linebackers coach with Washington before gettingpromoted to defensive coordinator. He then spent a year as thedefensive coordinator in Cleveland before heading to Miami. Edwards gothis first NFL job from none other than Chan Gailey, who hired him ashis linebackers coach in 1998. Edwards spent four seasons in that post.

Prior to his NFL experience, Edwards was the defensive line coach atthe University of Georgia, where he coached current Bills defensivetackle Marcus Stroud. In all, Edwards has 19 years of coachingexperience.

Most importantly of all: Buffalo will be running a 3-4 alignment under Edwards, who confirmed as much to BuffaloBills.com:

Yeah this sucks twice as much since I'm a Dolphins fan also.  Good riddance George.  I hope Chad Henne lights you up for 40 a game, and Ronnie Brown throws a td out of the WildCat as well
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Schedule just came out

Sept. 2 FLORIDA A&M
Sept. 11 at Ohio State
Sept. 23 at Pittsburgh, ESPN*
Oct. 2 at Clemson
Oct. 9 FLORIDA STATE
Oct. 16 at Duke
Oct. 23 NORTH CAROLINA
Oct. 30 at Virginia
Nov. 6 MARYLAND
Nov. 13 at Georgia Tech
Nov. 20 VIRGINIA TECH
Nov. 27 SOUTH FLORIDA
sick.gif

I'm thinking 7-5.

Let's hope Harris makes a big @#$ jump and overcomes Shannon's dumb @#$. 
laugh.gif
  that schedule is brutal, but we can get to at least 8-4, and then have all those teams come to Miami for their senior year and make somethin happen then hopefully.  (provided Harris really does improve the next couple seasons)

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Texas garb heads to earthquake victims[/h2]

Comment http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4886902#/sendtofriend.espn.go.com/sendtofriend/SendToFriend?URL=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4886902&title=Texas sends ">http://sendtofriend.espn....p;title...le,noscrollbars,width=400,height=500');return false;">Email Print http:///a.espncdn.com/icons/share-icon-12x12.png")">http://a.espncdn.com/icon...re-icon-12x12.png") no-repeat scroll left top transparent;" rel="nofollow">Share
Associated Press

AUSTIN, Texas -- The University of Texas is sending nearly $300,000 worth of clothing to Haiti to help earthquake victims.

The 13,000 shirts and 1,000 caps were produced to celebrate a Longhorns' victory in the Jan. 7 national championship game against Alabama. Texas lost the game 37-21.

University Co-op spokeswoman Casey Ellis says the shirts retail for $20 each, while the cap price was $22. Instead, they will be sent to Haiti on Friday with the help of various charity groups.

The co-op is the main distributor of Longhorns' merchandise and apparel.

I'm really glad they're doing this
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yea our schedule is brutal.....i wont make any predictions until this summer....i've been right the past 2 years though
happy.gif
......and the past 2 years i was seriously flamed by people on here too when i made 'em
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jmause3

Originally Posted by dreClark

Date Opponent Time
Sept. 4 SAMFORD TBA
Sept. 11 at Oklahoma TBA
Sept. 18 BYU TBA
Sept. 25 WAKE FOREST TBA
Oct. 2 at Virginia TBA
Oct. 9 at Miami TBA
Oct. 23 Open
Nov. 13 CLEMSON TBA
Nov. 20 at Maryland TBA
Nov. 27 FLORIDA TBA
Damn i didn't know we had Oklahoma this year.  Im very anxious to see what we can do this year.  Hopefully Greg Reid can continue to blossom

yep..i see 8 wins..possibly 9

[table][tr][td]Sat., Sep. 4[/td] [td]vs. Connecticut
media-icon-tv.gif
[/td] [td]Ann Arbor, Mich.[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat., Sep. 11[/td] [td]at Notre Dame
media-icon-tv.gif
[/td] [td]South Bend, Ind.[/td] [td]3:30 p.m. ET[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat., Sep. 18[/td] [td]vs. Massachusetts
media-icon-tv.gif
[/td] [td]Ann Arbor, Mich.[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat., Sep. 25[/td] [td]vs. Bowling Green
media-icon-tv.gif
[/td] [td]Ann Arbor, Mich.[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat., Oct. 2[/td] [td]at Indiana *
media-icon-tv.gif
[/td] [td]Bloomington, Ind.[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat., Oct. 9[/td] [td]vs. Michigan State *
media-icon-tv.gif
[/td] [td]Ann Arbor, Mich.[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat., Oct. 16[/td] [td]vs. Iowa *
media-icon-tv.gif
[/td] [td]Ann Arbor, Mich.[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat., Oct. 30[/td] [td]at Penn State *
media-icon-tv.gif
[/td] [td]State College, Pa.[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat., Nov. 6[/td] [td]vs. Illinois *
media-icon-tv.gif
[/td] [td]Ann Arbor, Mich.[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat., Nov. 13[/td] [td]at Purdue *
media-icon-tv.gif
[/td] [td]West Lafayette, Ind.[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat., Nov. 20[/td] [td]vs. Wisconsin *
media-icon-tv.gif
[/td] [td]Ann Arbor, Mich.[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat., Nov. 27[/td] [td]at Ohio State *
media-icon-tv.gif
[/td] [td]Columbus, Ohio[/td] [td]TBA[/td][/tr][/table]
I'm pretty optimistic about this schedule.  7-5 and better or [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]FAIL[/color].

How much does UCONN have coming back this year?
nerd.gif

I'm really excited for BK vs. RR round 1.  I expect us to take that even though it's down in SB.

Dre you got a link to an article talking about it?
nerd.gif

and an interest fact is a hurricane has scored a touchdown every week of the nfl since 2002.....thats sorta crazy when you think about it

It was stunning news in Gainesville, coming the day after nationalsigning day,
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

but shouldn't impact the Gators' top-ranked recruitingclass because Edwards, who took the position after Strong was named thehead coach at Louisville, wasn't even on the road recruiting the past few weeks.
No !$!% it won't effect the recruiting class after all the kids faxed in their signatures...

I'm sorry, but this is GRIMEY as hell.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom