09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

What are the chances an SEC and a BIGXII team go undefeated this year?
BOTH conferences with an undefeated team again?

thin-poster.jpg

Originally Posted by Pac10OWNsSEC

just to be fair how much impact did dude even have on recruting?

It's not what he did on the recruiting trail, it's the fact that 24 hours ago all those kids thought they'd be playing for him and faxed in their commitments under that assumption.  He knew that and that's why he waited til they couldn't possibly retract then peaced.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Texas garb heads to earthquake victims[/h2]

Comment http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4886902#/sendtofriend.espn.go.com/sendtofriend/SendToFriend?URL=http://sports.espn.go.com...p;title=Texas%20sends%20">http://sendtofriend.espn....p;title=Texas sends \'national%20title\'%20clothing%20to%20help%20Haiti&id=4886902','sendtofriend','noresizable,noscrollbars,width=400,height=500');return false;">Email Print http:///a.espncdn.com/icons/share-icon-12x12.png")">http://a.espncdn.com/icon...re-icon-12x12.png") no-repeat scroll left top transparent;" rel="nofollow">Share
Associated Press

AUSTIN, Texas -- The University of Texas is sending nearly $300,000 worth of clothing to Haiti to help earthquake victims.

The 13,000 shirts and 1,000 caps were produced to celebrate a Longhorns' victory in the Jan. 7 national championship game against Alabama. Texas lost the game 37-21.

University Co-op spokeswoman Casey Ellis says the shirts retail for $20 each, while the cap price was $22. Instead, they will be sent to Haiti on Friday with the help of various charity groups.

The co-op is the main distributor of Longhorns' merchandise and apparel.
I'm really glad they're doing this
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Doesn't every team do this??  What else would you do with that merch?

He was co-DC. Those kids are going there to play for Urban Meyer. Bottomline. If he had left even a week or 2 ago i doubt it would've made a difference to even one recruit. Don't know what Urban is selling but he's sure as hell got these kids buying it.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

He was co-DC. Those kids are going there to play for Urban Meyer. Bottomline. If he had left even a week or 2 ago i doubt it would've made a difference to even one recruit.

Yup. No one was signing to play with an ex-LB coach from the NFL. It was about Meyer from the beginning. If anything, Strong leaving would have more impact on the recruiting, negatively of course.
Don't know what Urban is selling but he's sure as hell got these kids buying it.
That he would die for them.

Originally Posted by Pac10OWNsSEC

Doesn't every team do this??  What else would you do with that merch?
for every sport they send the losing teams gear to a 3rd world country
I read somewhere that some companies destroy their unsold merchandise, which is stupid
mad.gif
indifferent.gif

There's always a need for new clothing in developing countries for all ages of people.

Just commending the efforts some institutions and organizations to help out.

UA kicks off 2011 with highly touted QB
[h1]UA kicks off 2011 with highly touted QB[/h1]
Josh Gershon
GOAZCATS.com Senior Editor

Related Links:
Daxx Garman Profile

Talk about it in Premium Stoops Suite: Building the Tradition
Feb.4 marks the first day that 2011 recruiting becomes the focus of collegefootball programs around the country. The first question that almostevery school nationally tries to figure out is who they will sign astheir quarterback.

[table][tr][td]
DAXXGARMAN1_8200.JPG
[/td][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Daxx Garman committed to Arizona on Thursday.[/td][/tr][/table]On Thursday, Arizona wasted absolutely no time getting its answer.

6-foot-2, 175-pound Jones (Okla.) pro-style quarterback Daxx Garman committed to Arizona, choosing the Wildcats over an offer from North Carolina and serious attention from schools such as Oregon, Oregon State, Iowa, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Georgia and LSU.

Garmanunofficially visited UA for the Wildcats' game against Oregon on Nov.21 and ever since then, he's known it's the place for him.

"Itook an unofficial visit there when they played Oregon in the fall,"Garman said. "As soon as I got there I felt welcomed. The atmosphereand the environment fits in with the up rise of the program. I feellike I fit in with the style of offense and the way they play the game.That's the place I feel like I fit in the best.

"We went throughall my options about what I wanted to do, and looked at what fits meand where I can make the biggest impact. I feel like at Arizona, Icould make the biggest impact."

The quarterback was recruited to Arizona by UA assistant Seth Littrell, whose roots in the state of Oklahoma paid off for the Wildcats.

"CoachLittrell is a great guy," Garman said. "As soon as I met him I feltlike we clicked. Him being from Oklahoma and playing at Oklahoma, andme being from there, we have a lot of the same hobbies and we get alongreally good. We're really similar and his attitude towards football isa lot like mine and it's a great situation."

Since Garman toldhimself that Arizona was the place for him, he's followed the Wildcats'recruiting situation at quarterback and is as excited as ever about theopportunity he has to see the field at UA.

"Matt Brown decommitted and ended up going to TCU and then (Cameron Allerheiligen)from Keller committed," said Garman. "It makes me really excited tohave the opportunity to come in there and do what I can do."

Lastseason at Jones, Garman completed 156 of 210 passes for 2311 yards, 24touchdowns and 6 interceptions in eight games. Next season, he'll be onan even bigger stage as he is transferring to Southlake (Texas)Carroll, where he'll be the starting quarterback on one of high schoolfootball's premier programs.

"Being at Southlake Carroll, it'sjust the environment," Garman said. "Right now they're adding on totheir stadium and they sell out every game in front of 20,000 people.They played their last two playoff games last year in front of 50,000.

"Justthe environment of playing in a college stadium and that level ofcompetition really makes it more of a challenge and more of acollege-like situation."

While Arizona has recruited severaldual-threat quarterbacks into the program lately, that's not thedescription that Garman gives himself.

"I'm more of a pro-stylequarterback," he said. "I can move around in the pocket really well andwhen I have to make plays with my feet I can. My main thing is being asaccurate as I can. I can make any throw I need to and lead my team."

Garman still has a year to go before signing with Arizona, but he's excited to be the first member of the Wildcats' 2011 class.

"I'mreally excited about being the first 2011 kid that Arizona picked up,"he said. "I'm anxious to see who else (commits) and meet some of theguys that will be doing the same thing that I'm doing. I'm reallylooking forward to being at U of A."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I really hope dude goes undefeated in his one year starting at Carroll
laugh.gif

How bad can Pryor's knee be, really? He just dunked after team was honored at halftime of OSU basketball game.

laugh.gif

smh at UF. Urban is on his way out.....the dominos are falling. *sarcasm

Ehhhhhh, I remember Christian Jones (for one) mentioning how he liked UF because they had a NFL LB coach as a DC. So yes, I think its safe to say kids paid attention to that. What kid (esp. a LB) wouldn't want to play for a coach who has NFL experience?

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

What are the chances an SEC and a BIGXII team go undefeated this year?
BOTH conferences with an undefeated team again?

thin-poster.jpg

You know what that means............BOISE STATE playing for the National Title this coming year 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Nope. Sorry.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Ehhhhhh, I remember Christian Jones (for one) mentioning how he liked UF because they had a NFL LB coach as a DC. So yes, I think its safe to say kids paid attention to that. What kid (esp. a LB) wouldn't want to play for a coach who has NFL experience?

Edwards was interviewed by Gailey and the Bills Tuesday but this came after telling Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley there was only a 50-50 chance he would even interview. Attempts by the Florida coaching staff to reach Edwards Tuesday and throughout the day on Wednesday were unsuccessful because Edwards turned his cell phone off. “The University of Florida wasn’t even aware of the possibility of the interview until Tuesday,

I'm not sure what that proves in regards to what I said.

All I said was that kids paid attention to that....and that kids would want to play for a DC/Coach w/ NFL experience

I never insinuated that he was a heavy recruiter or that he was the sole reason why kids went there.

Soooo........ *shrugs*

I'm not sure what that proves in regards to what I said.

All I said was that kids paid attention to that....and that kids would want to play for a DC/Coach w/ NFL experience

I never insinuated that he was a heavy recruiter or that he was the sole reason why kids went there.

Soooo........ *shrugs*
I see your point Dre, and I'm sure it helped, but Meyer + 3 "D" kids goin in the first rd is light years ahead of Edwards in importance.  Don't get me wrong, I'm really pissed about him leaving, but we'll be fine.

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

whats going on with arthur brown
nerd.gif

Taking a break from school. There's been no confirmation that he's actually transferring just that he's going back to Kansas for family issues.

I don't think he's requested his release from scholarship so there's a chance he could come back to UM. He's just not enrolled for the spring semester and from what i hear he hasn't asked for a transfer to anywhere.

Could be done with football. Dunno.

Dayne Crist will be good to go for the spring.

BK said Theo Riddick will move to the slot, I can see that role...but I thought the kid looked pretty damn good in the back field in his limited time.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

whats going on with arthur brown
nerd.gif

Taking a break from school. There's been no confirmation that he's actually transferring just that he's going back to Kansas for family issues.
cmon son.
grin.gif

he's outta there eventually. Bryce still in Knoxville. they brothers. family issues only important enough for one brother to head back to Kansas...

No doubt, I feel you. I agree to an extent. I was just putting that out there, not taking shots

You were the last post on the subject which is why I quoted you. It wasn't a direct response to you, my bad.

My quote was more for the dude that called it 'grimey'.

Back
Top Bottom