#1 Ranked PG ...

First off this thread really shows who knows and understands basketball.

Yes there is a thing called over training and pushing them too hard.  But that really doesnt look like the case here.  I think that Jashaun Agusto kid might be doing too much.  His dad says he goes 4 hrs a day 6 days a week.  Thats prob a lil too much but back to the point.  The big time dream is for the kid to become an NBA all-star but so what if he doesnt.  He will have been to college for free, seen the world, served community service and done all kinds of things many people dream of.  He will have got all the new kicks early, all the groupie girls, and etc. that comes with being a star athlete.  Whats wrong with that if he only turns out to be a decent D-1 guard? Even a D-2 star gets a free college education.

All this childhood is overated...I used to go to the court 2 times a day in the summer as a kid.  No trainers, no uncles that coach, just me and a ball.  I'd give almost anything to live his childhood man.  So what its hardwork, its not really work when you having fun.  Only bums complain about not having free time to "chill" with there friends.  When you hoop almost all your friends hoop too anyways.

Any as for Kendall Marshall,  I'm from the same area and seen him since he was a kid.  He played open gym with us in HS when he was a kid.  I've seen how he put in work and it was impressive but never forced.  Now hes going to UNC.

Yes there is a thing called over training and pushing them too hard.  But that really doesnt look like the case here.  I think that Jashaun Agusto kid might be doing too much.  His dad says he goes 4 hrs a day 6 days a week.  Thats prob a lil too much but back to the point.  The big time dream is for the kid to become an NBA all-star but so what if he doesnt.  He will have been to college for free, seen the world, served community service and done all kinds of things many people dream of.  He will have got all the new kicks early, all the groupie girls, and etc. that comes with being a star athlete.  Whats wrong with that if he only turns out to be a decent D-1 guard? Even a D-2 star gets a free college education.

All this childhood is overated...I used to go to the court 2 times a day in the summer as a kid.  No trainers, no uncles that coach, just me and a ball.  I'd give almost anything to live his childhood man.  So what its hardwork, its not really work when you having fun.  Only bums complain about not having free time to "chill" with there friends.  When you hoop almost all your friends hoop too anyways.

Any as for Kendall Marshall,  I'm from the same area and seen him since he was a kid.  He played open gym with us in HS when he was a kid.  I've seen how he put in work and it was impressive but never forced.  Now hes going to UNC.

Originally Posted by xbiker47

danm
eek.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

I'd love to see a list of the top 6th graders in 2003 to see what happened to them.

Uhh...probably wouldn't be any different then looking at a list of the top 10th graders in 2003.

Some make it...some don't.

I'd love to see a list of the top 6th graders in 2003 to see what happened to them.

Uhh...probably wouldn't be any different then looking at a list of the top 10th graders in 2003.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by crobers 78

I think alot of ya'll underestimate a child's love for the game. 11 is not a baby...especially these days. At that age a kid can ENTIRELY decide whether it's something he wants or not.

Ya'll act like the parents are FORCING these kids to do this. What's the difference between this kid putting in real workouts and an 11 year taking rigorous piano lessons?

Cases can be made for those arguing that this is excessive and also for those who agree it's not. There's no "right" way to handle this.
Thank you! My point exactly...if he chooses to hoop n workout instead of play video games or ride bikes etc etc has nothing to do with him having a life now or when he grows up. It's a hobby and a lost art!

My thing is...I don't see why people think it's possible that he can't do both.

They act like this kid is being locked in a gym 24 hours a day.

I'm sure the kid's been to Chuck E. Cheese before...

My point again! I did it from 5yrs on up and a lot of my friends did too n still had time to be a kid n do other things. I really think it comes down to being able to relate or not.

Originally Posted by crobers 78

I think alot of ya'll underestimate a child's love for the game. 11 is not a baby...especially these days. At that age a kid can ENTIRELY decide whether it's something he wants or not.

Ya'll act like the parents are FORCING these kids to do this. What's the difference between this kid putting in real workouts and an 11 year taking rigorous piano lessons?

Cases can be made for those arguing that this is excessive and also for those who agree it's not. There's no "right" way to handle this.
Thank you! My point exactly...if he chooses to hoop n workout instead of play video games or ride bikes etc etc has nothing to do with him having a life now or when he grows up. It's a hobby and a lost art!

My thing is...I don't see why people think it's possible that he can't do both.

They act like this kid is being locked in a gym 24 hours a day.

I'm sure the kid's been to Chuck E. Cheese before...

My point again! I did it from 5yrs on up and a lot of my friends did too n still had time to be a kid n do other things. I really think it comes down to being able to relate or not.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Well said and  like i said, i really think this comes down to who can relate n who cannot. 

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Well said and  like i said, i really think this comes down to who can relate n who cannot. 

I'm not talking about the NBA. Most of the kids on the 10th grade list make a top tier program. Just wondering how these 6th graders progress from 6th to 10th. There is a lot of change that happens during that period. I'm not against kids working hard and all that. I encourage it actually. I just don't think rankings are a good thing for people that young.

I'm not talking about the NBA. Most of the kids on the 10th grade list make a top tier program. Just wondering how these 6th graders progress from 6th to 10th. There is a lot of change that happens during that period. I'm not against kids working hard and all that. I encourage it actually. I just don't think rankings are a good thing for people that young.

damn this thread took some ugly turns, i see..

is his parents pushing him too hard? we will never know, we just watched a 6 min workout with this kid.. so we honestly dont know..

but as far as lil dude, not gonna lie he's doing some moves i still can't do till now.. and i got handles my damn self..

impressive

damn this thread took some ugly turns, i see..

is his parents pushing him too hard? we will never know, we just watched a 6 min workout with this kid.. so we honestly dont know..

but as far as lil dude, not gonna lie he's doing some moves i still can't do till now.. and i got handles my damn self..

impressive

Back
Top Bottom