10/24 WWE Bragging Rights PPV | Raw vs Smackdown | Kane vs Undertaker | Orton vs Barrett p15

Club, valets shouldn't talk.
You've been relegated to carrying our bags and gingerly holding our robes when not worn a long, long time ago.

yooo Taker is def bout that life
pimp.gif

My goal is to never come in here and shy people away from watching a show, but I just don't know how anyone could get excited for tonight's PPV.  The build has been weak.  The stipulations are silly.  We've seen the main match twice already, and it's been bad both times.  It's just the case of too many WWE PPVs.  You get forced into these shows that end up meaning nothing.  And because of that, I think WWE will purposely have some major title changes or storylines tonight.  The problem is that PPVs used to be the culmination of storylines.  Now they are just used to further them.  Fans have become accustomed to this and have learned that there is no reason to buy a PPV because they can just catch up on whatever they missed the next night on Raw.  That's all PPVs have become.  Essentially 3 hour Raws with title changes.  But since title changes are meaningless in WWE, they're really just $45 episodes of Raw.  Tonight we'll probably see a major angle involving Cena, Kane or Undertaker get buried, and one of the brands win a meaningless trophy.  But since all three of these things will continue on tomorrow's Raw or Friday's Smackdown, is that incentive enough to buy tonight's show?  When the domestic buyrate comes in around 70,000, it should tell WWE everything they need to know.

Layla (c) (LayCool) vs Natalya - Diva's Championship Match

I don't care about this match.  I can't see LayCool dropping the title until they're ready to break them up.

Prediction: Layla - Retains Diva's Title

Daniel Bryan (United States Champion) vs Dolph Ziggler (Intercontinental Champion) - Non-Title Match

I'm hoping this is the opener and they give these guys 15 minutes.  It could be a great match (I don't usually say that about Ziggler, but you can't not have a great match if working with Bryan).  I don't know if the eventual plan is to unify the titles as has been rumored.  Since this is non-title, I would think somehow Vickie Guerrero and Kaitlyn from NXT get involved.  As for Bryan's geeky ladies man gimmick, I guess if it gets him TV time, it's a good thing, but it's another WWE gimmick that will never get him over as a serious contender.  How about this?  You show vignettes of Bryan in the gym working on his grappling, showing how he is able to submit guys from any position.  You get him over as a serious shooter type gimmick with multiple submissions.  I don't see how fans don't buy into that, but that's just me.  I know that's the furthest thing from a WWE character, but it would work.  Anyway, I think somehow Vickie and Kaitlyn cost Dolph the match letting Bryan get the win.

Prediction: Daniel Bryan

Bragging Rights Elimination Match
Team Smackdown - Rey Mysterio, Jack Swagger, Edge, Alberto Del Rio, Tyler Reks, Kofi Kingston, The Big Show (c)
vs
Team Raw - Ezekiel Jackson, Santino Marella, R-Truth, John Morrison, Sheamus, CM Punk, The Miz (c)

I hate this match.  I hate the concept.  I hate the prize.  I hate the reasoning.  I hate the teams.  I hate another multi-man PPV match.  We've gone through this so much.  For a company that basically tells us all year that the brands don't matter, we're supposed to believe that for three weeks the roster of each brand puts all their differences aside to compete against the "rival" brand?  Guys go back and forth between shows multiple times per month with no reason ever given.  Guys never during the other 51 weeks refer to the other brand as their enemy or rival.  And one week after Smackdown won the Bragging Rights trophy, it was put into a closet and forgotten about until this past week on Raw.  The whole thing is just silly and insulting to the fans' intelligence.

On paper, Smackdown is the much more impressive team other than Tyler Reks.  For Raw, Jackson, Santino, and R-Truth have no business being in a major PPV match.  Smackdown has been getting the better of the Raw guys in their confrontations leading up to this show, so you would think Raw goes over tonight.  But reports are that Vince is looking to push Smackdown as a stronger brand to get ratings up, so it may make sense for Smackdown to get the win tonight.  It would make sense for the Smackdown guys to get the win and they can rally around this since most people look at Smackdown as the B show.  It will give them more credibility.  In these matches, it's always interesting to see how each guy is treated.  It's pretty clear cut on the Raw side of who will be eliminated early, but not so much on Smackdown.

Prediction: Team Smackdown

Randy Orton (c) vs Wade Barrett w/ John Cena - WWE Championship Match

This could be a very, very boring match.  For as good as Barrett is on the mic, he's still green in the ring.  And this is his first major PPV one on one match.  And we all know what to expect out of Orton.  A slow, plodding, grind it out match.  Of course, this match centers around the role that Cena will play.  Will he help Barrett win the title?  Will he turn on Barrett and Nexus possibly costing Barrett the match and Cena his spot in WWE?  My prediction for tonight and also long term storyline is....  John Cena against his will helps Barrett to win the title.  Barrett becomes the new WWE Champion.  For the upcoming months, Cena is forced to remain in Nexus while Barrett is champion.  However, they make the storyline work, it will lead to a match between Cena and Barrett for the title at TLC or Royal Rumble where Cena wins the title.  And this will lead to Orton wanting his revenge against Cena for costing him the title tonight by getting a title shot at WrestleMania.  Yes, we will see John Cena vs Randy Orton for literally the 100th time as the WrestleMania main event.  At least for the next few months, it should be interesting to see how things go with Barrett as champion.

Prediction: Wade Barrett - New WWE Champion

Kane (c) w/Paul Bearer vs The Undertaker - Buried Alive Match for the World Championship

No, Brock Lesnar will not be hiding into the dirt to attack The Undertaker.

We've seen this match twice and it's been terrible.  At least in this match they'll be able to work outside of the ring which will hide many of their shortcomings, but regardless, The Undertaker is still seriously hurt and cannot move very well anymore.  With the shape he's in, I find it hard to believe he would headline Smackdown.  However, Kane has won cleanly on the past two PPVs, so for him to go over on three straight shows also seems unlikely.  Whoever loses this match has to be out of action for at least a few months.  Considering The Undertaker needs shoulder surgery, it seems like a perfect way to write him off.  But again, WWE usually likes to start to tease major WrestleMania matches around Survivor Series time, and if Undertaker is gone, you can't begin to build towards his match.  A lot of ifs and buts and question marks, but the bottom line is I think Kane retains and Taker gets his surgery.

Prediction: Kane - Retains the World Title

Aside from Bryan vs Ziggler, it does not look like a good card on paper.  With only five matches, I would guess they add at least one more match.

My goal is to never come in here and shy people away from watching a show, but I just don't know how anyone could get excited for tonight's PPV.  The build has been weak.  The stipulations are silly.  We've seen the main match twice already, and it's been bad both times.  It's just the case of too many WWE PPVs.  You get forced into these shows that end up meaning nothing.  And because of that, I think WWE will purposely have some major title changes or storylines tonight.  The problem is that PPVs used to be the culmination of storylines.  Now they are just used to further them.  Fans have become accustomed to this and have learned that there is no reason to buy a PPV because they can just catch up on whatever they missed the next night on Raw.  That's all PPVs have become.  Essentially 3 hour Raws with title changes.  But since title changes are meaningless in WWE, they're really just $45 episodes of Raw.  Tonight we'll probably see a major angle involving Cena, Kane or Undertaker get buried, and one of the brands win a meaningless trophy.  But since all three of these things will continue on tomorrow's Raw or Friday's Smackdown, is that incentive enough to buy tonight's show?  When the domestic buyrate comes in around 70,000, it should tell WWE everything they need to know.

Layla (c) (LayCool) vs Natalya - Diva's Championship Match

I don't care about this match.  I can't see LayCool dropping the title until they're ready to break them up.

Prediction: Layla - Retains Diva's Title

Daniel Bryan (United States Champion) vs Dolph Ziggler (Intercontinental Champion) - Non-Title Match

I'm hoping this is the opener and they give these guys 15 minutes.  It could be a great match (I don't usually say that about Ziggler, but you can't not have a great match if working with Bryan).  I don't know if the eventual plan is to unify the titles as has been rumored.  Since this is non-title, I would think somehow Vickie Guerrero and Kaitlyn from NXT get involved.  As for Bryan's geeky ladies man gimmick, I guess if it gets him TV time, it's a good thing, but it's another WWE gimmick that will never get him over as a serious contender.  How about this?  You show vignettes of Bryan in the gym working on his grappling, showing how he is able to submit guys from any position.  You get him over as a serious shooter type gimmick with multiple submissions.  I don't see how fans don't buy into that, but that's just me.  I know that's the furthest thing from a WWE character, but it would work.  Anyway, I think somehow Vickie and Kaitlyn cost Dolph the match letting Bryan get the win.

Prediction: Daniel Bryan

Bragging Rights Elimination Match
Team Smackdown - Rey Mysterio, Jack Swagger, Edge, Alberto Del Rio, Tyler Reks, Kofi Kingston, The Big Show (c)
vs
Team Raw - Ezekiel Jackson, Santino Marella, R-Truth, John Morrison, Sheamus, CM Punk, The Miz (c)

I hate this match.  I hate the concept.  I hate the prize.  I hate the reasoning.  I hate the teams.  I hate another multi-man PPV match.  We've gone through this so much.  For a company that basically tells us all year that the brands don't matter, we're supposed to believe that for three weeks the roster of each brand puts all their differences aside to compete against the "rival" brand?  Guys go back and forth between shows multiple times per month with no reason ever given.  Guys never during the other 51 weeks refer to the other brand as their enemy or rival.  And one week after Smackdown won the Bragging Rights trophy, it was put into a closet and forgotten about until this past week on Raw.  The whole thing is just silly and insulting to the fans' intelligence.

On paper, Smackdown is the much more impressive team other than Tyler Reks.  For Raw, Jackson, Santino, and R-Truth have no business being in a major PPV match.  Smackdown has been getting the better of the Raw guys in their confrontations leading up to this show, so you would think Raw goes over tonight.  But reports are that Vince is looking to push Smackdown as a stronger brand to get ratings up, so it may make sense for Smackdown to get the win tonight.  It would make sense for the Smackdown guys to get the win and they can rally around this since most people look at Smackdown as the B show.  It will give them more credibility.  In these matches, it's always interesting to see how each guy is treated.  It's pretty clear cut on the Raw side of who will be eliminated early, but not so much on Smackdown.

Prediction: Team Smackdown

Randy Orton (c) vs Wade Barrett w/ John Cena - WWE Championship Match

This could be a very, very boring match.  For as good as Barrett is on the mic, he's still green in the ring.  And this is his first major PPV one on one match.  And we all know what to expect out of Orton.  A slow, plodding, grind it out match.  Of course, this match centers around the role that Cena will play.  Will he help Barrett win the title?  Will he turn on Barrett and Nexus possibly costing Barrett the match and Cena his spot in WWE?  My prediction for tonight and also long term storyline is....  John Cena against his will helps Barrett to win the title.  Barrett becomes the new WWE Champion.  For the upcoming months, Cena is forced to remain in Nexus while Barrett is champion.  However, they make the storyline work, it will lead to a match between Cena and Barrett for the title at TLC or Royal Rumble where Cena wins the title.  And this will lead to Orton wanting his revenge against Cena for costing him the title tonight by getting a title shot at WrestleMania.  Yes, we will see John Cena vs Randy Orton for literally the 100th time as the WrestleMania main event.  At least for the next few months, it should be interesting to see how things go with Barrett as champion.

Prediction: Wade Barrett - New WWE Champion

Kane (c) w/Paul Bearer vs The Undertaker - Buried Alive Match for the World Championship

No, Brock Lesnar will not be hiding into the dirt to attack The Undertaker.

We've seen this match twice and it's been terrible.  At least in this match they'll be able to work outside of the ring which will hide many of their shortcomings, but regardless, The Undertaker is still seriously hurt and cannot move very well anymore.  With the shape he's in, I find it hard to believe he would headline Smackdown.  However, Kane has won cleanly on the past two PPVs, so for him to go over on three straight shows also seems unlikely.  Whoever loses this match has to be out of action for at least a few months.  Considering The Undertaker needs shoulder surgery, it seems like a perfect way to write him off.  But again, WWE usually likes to start to tease major WrestleMania matches around Survivor Series time, and if Undertaker is gone, you can't begin to build towards his match.  A lot of ifs and buts and question marks, but the bottom line is I think Kane retains and Taker gets his surgery.

Prediction: Kane - Retains the World Title

Aside from Bryan vs Ziggler, it does not look like a good card on paper.  With only five matches, I would guess they add at least one more match.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

You've been relegated to carrying our bags and gingerly holding our robes when not worn a long, long time ago.

Club = Harvey Wippleman

Club = Harvey Wippleman

So I'm sitting at home, and I'm reading the NTWT on my laptop and I hear not one, not two, not three, but a giant group of ******s bickering at each other, as if they even have a shot at my NTWT championship. Hell, it's Bragging Rights tonight and I'm not even booked. That tells you all you need to know about my stroke.

As for each and every one of you lower-midcarders, Billy Gunn as some advice for you guys. Why don't you all just run along to your little homes, get in your little Daniel Bryan pajamas, take your little laptop and log out for good. There's nothing to see here, fellas. I've buried you guys once, and I'll do it again.

As for the new guy, whatever your name is, if you have a name. In case you haven't heard, you don't have a shot to make it to the top as long as I'm around. I don't care if you've been an indie lurker for 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, it doesn't make a difference because you can't beat me no way, no how. You can't even carry my jock. So, you watch your little mouth when you talk to me. Look Shawn, he doesn't even an avy. Talk about having confidence in your new guys. Hey, it looks like Chavo's finally got someone to go over on. Hornswaggle's going to beat Goldberg's winning steak in now time with those jabronis. Good luck on your future endeavors, chump. Don't let me catch you in the back with the boys, 'cause I hear it all and I'm not afraid to do what I gotta do to stay on top.

*MY TIME, MY TIME, MY TIIIIIME!*

So I'm sitting at home, and I'm reading the NTWT on my laptop and I hear not one, not two, not three, but a giant group of ******s bickering at each other, as if they even have a shot at my NTWT championship. Hell, it's Bragging Rights tonight and I'm not even booked. That tells you all you need to know about my stroke.

As for each and every one of you lower-midcarders, Billy Gunn as some advice for you guys. Why don't you all just run along to your little homes, get in your little Daniel Bryan pajamas, take your little laptop and log out for good. There's nothing to see here, fellas. I've buried you guys once, and I'll do it again.

As for the new guy, whatever your name is, if you have a name. In case you haven't heard, you don't have a shot to make it to the top as long as I'm around. I don't care if you've been an indie lurker for 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, it doesn't make a difference because you can't beat me no way, no how. You can't even carry my jock. So, you watch your little mouth when you talk to me. Look Shawn, he doesn't even an avy. Talk about having confidence in your new guys. Hey, it looks like Chavo's finally got someone to go over on. Hornswaggle's going to beat Goldberg's winning steak in now time with those jabronis. Good luck on your future endeavors, chump. Don't let me catch you in the back with the boys, 'cause I hear it all and I'm not afraid to do what I gotta do to stay on top.

*MY TIME, MY TIME, MY TIIIIIME!*

*JNSQ hits Hyper Cutter with chair to the approval of fans*
*JNSQ drags HC to waiting Lincoln Continental*
*JNSQ drives out of arena to a nearby bridge*
*JNSQ throws HC's self-made NTWT belt into river*
*JNSQ drives to a nearby barbershop*
*JNSQ throws HC through barbershop window*
*JNSQ drives to a nearby supermarket*
*JNSQ rampages through supermarket with HC*
*JNSQ drives to HC's adopted father's funeral*
*JNSQ drags coffin with HC weeping on top of it*
*JNSQ drugs HC unconscious*
*JNSQ drives to nearby drive-in chapel*
*JNSQ and HC get married*
*HC wakes up and gets a heart attack*

JNSQ 3:16 says, "I just wasted your time!"

3 ppvs within 5 weeks, thats one of the reasons the last 3 ppvs have been weak

3 ppvs within 5 weeks, thats one of the reasons the last 3 ppvs have been weak

Woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah...WOAH!

Do you like The Cutter? Do you want The Cutter's strudel? You mean to tell The Cutter all this time you've had a secret crush on The Cutter and you secretly married The Cutter!? What the hell is the matter with you, you sick...FREAK! I'll tell you what. I have an idea I bet you'll like. Here, why don't you run along, take your laptop, close it shut, disconnect the charger, turn it logo side up and STICK IT STRAIGHT UP YOUR ROODYPOO CANDY #!!!

If you SMELLAHLHALHALHALHALHALHALHALAAUUOOOOH...what The Cutter *looks at bewildered fans* is *raises eyebrow* cooking.

Woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah...WOAH!

Do you like The Cutter? Do you want The Cutter's strudel? You mean to tell The Cutter all this time you've had a secret crush on The Cutter and you secretly married The Cutter!? What the hell is the matter with you, you sick...FREAK! I'll tell you what. I have an idea I bet you'll like. Here, why don't you run along, take your laptop, close it shut, disconnect the charger, turn it logo side up and STICK IT STRAIGHT UP YOUR ROODYPOO CANDY #!!!

If you SMELLAHLHALHALHALHALHALHALHALAAUUOOOOH...what The Cutter *looks at bewildered fans* is *raises eyebrow* cooking.

Back
Top Bottom