10 Years Ago Today: Steve Bartman's Life Changed Forever

I've always felt bad for the guy. A bunch of them went for the ball but he was the unlucky one who touched it and hell was unleashed on him.

Last edited:
Yeah, the 30 for 30 was good. He wasn't making that catch anyway. Steve is good in my book.

If there is any silver lining for this guy it's that this happened 10 years ago and not today....where whatever he had to go through would be multiplied by ten with today's blogs, social media, radio clowns, and internet mob mentality.

Side note - the 30 for 30 doc I thought was a great film. Showed how sometimes just a perfect storm hits. And how pathetic some people are.

I agree with what many have said....if one thing changes - Alou does not motion like he did immediately after - this would have never turned out this way.

Can't believe this game was 10 damn years ago. By the end of the game, all of Bartman' info was posted on the internet. Few seem to remember the Marlins had a really good team that year.

Jeeeeeeez 10 years ago? :wow:

Like others, I've always felt bad for him.

Alou was a dope.

Blame Dusty and those mental midgets.

Jeeeeeeez 10 years ago? :wow:

Like others, I've always felt bad for him.

Alou was a dope.

Blame Dusty and those mental midgets.

100% true about Dusty. He should have made the pitching change as soon as the Marlins scored that first run.

I missed the 30 for 30 -- I'm not that big of a baseball fan, but I'm familiar with this story. Anywhere I can watch?

Back
Top Bottom