*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

lamar is just sad his marketability just took a nosedive. CP3 
pimp.gif
competitive balance going to be achieved.....for the Lakers.

So as of right now

PG - CP3 - Fish - Steve Blake
SG- Kobe - Trey Johnson
SF- Metta World Peace - Matt Barnes - Ebanks - Luke Walton (2 more years of Puke)
PF - Caracter
C - Bynum

Right now I'm really ehhhhhhhhhhhh on this team as it stands...  I'm happy we got Paul don't get me wrong for 1 second.. But if there is no upgrade in PF or a legitmate backup to play the 4 & 5 the Lakers will have trouble at some point.  Should have offered World Peace to the teams no way they could turn down that offer..

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

All of a sudden a lot of you aren't happy... jesus %@+$#!! christ.
When the rumors started swirling, and the reports said we might get CP3 and Dwight...you guys all threw parties and celebrated like no other. 

What the hell did you expect us to give up for a top 3 PG? Ron Artest and Matt Barnes? I mean damn.

I know were giving up our size here...but Im happy as hell Fishers gonna be on the bench where he belongs, and we have one of the best PGs in the league that can make many players better around him.

Mitch Cupcake aint even done yet...We don't know what else is in store.

I cant believe all the criticism i'm reading sheesh, just a few days ago the rumors had you guys fappin...everyone hated Lamar all season long, most of you calling him a Bum...

'Do it Mitch...do it mitch' you chanted all year long, praying he'd be traded...

everyone hated Pau in the playoffs...everyone was calling for his head, no one wanted him anymore.

oh but now you miss them both...NOW their size is valuable to our team, now they meant a lot.

man... welcome back NBA season i guess 
laugh.gif

here we go again...
ohwell.gif
speak for yourself i never wanted to trade anyone. %*!@ i'm hurt right now
frown.gif

Man, you have to believe that the lakers did this move with knowledge that they would need some more pieces. Almost positive they get either howard, or some other pieces.

You guys do realize that this GURANTEES that we get Dwight via trade or free agency right? Are you guys insane? This pretty much locks up multiple championships for God knows how long! Not to mention CP and Dwight are only 25 and 26 and more than likely when Kobe retires we will get another star. The Lakers are the Ferrari (ala F1), Yankees, Cowboys of the NBA. They are too important to not always be in the hunt every 5 years. It's business. Join us, come win with us. It's the American way!!

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

You guys do realize that this GURANTEES that we get Dwight via trade or free agency right? Are you guys insane? This pretty much locks up multiple championships for God knows how long! Not to mention CP and Dwight are only 25 and 26 and more than likely when Kobe retires we will get another star. The Lakers are the Ferrari (ala F1), Yankees, Cowboys of the NBA. They are too important to not always be in the hunt every 5 years. It's business. Join us, come win with us. It's the American way!!

Exactly! It's a great trade/move in my opinion. It helps the Lakers in the long run once Kobe retires in a few years. At least we have CP3 and hopefully, Dwight as our future franchise players to build around the team around.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

All of a sudden a lot of you aren't happy... jesus %@+$#!! christ.
When the rumors started swirling, and the reports said we might get CP3 and Dwight...you guys all threw parties and celebrated like no other. 

What the hell did you expect us to give up for a top 3 PG? Ron Artest and Matt Barnes? I mean damn.

I know were giving up our size here...but Im happy as hell Fishers gonna be on the bench where he belongs, and we have one of the best PGs in the league that can make many players better around him.

Mitch Cupcake aint even done yet...We don't know what else is in store.

I cant believe all the criticism i'm reading sheesh, just a few days ago the rumors had you guys fappin...everyone hated Lamar all season long, most of you calling him a Bum...

'Do it Mitch...do it mitch' you chanted all year long, praying he'd be traded...

everyone hated Pau in the playoffs...everyone was calling for his head, no one wanted him anymore.

oh but now you miss them both...NOW their size is valuable to our team, now they meant a lot.

man... welcome back NBA season i guess 
laugh.gif

here we go again...
ohwell.gif

It was basically a 2 for 1 trade...we're an aging team, this better be the first of several moves because starting Caracter is not going to cut it...Who is our backup center? Who's our starting PF? Artest is our only legit forward? 
If we get Hedo/Dwight, then this move is genius.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

qnl3j9.gif

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

wuts the chances L.O. gets bought out and signs back with LA

I thought of that... Team option for next season.. If Hornets decline, He will most certainly be back with Lakers, or join Clippers.

This sucks...we have NO POWER FORWARDS!!! If they had just given up Pau I would be ok..but now we have NO FRONT LINE at all and that was always a strength! D-12 better come and we still need to make something happen.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Are some of ya'll disappointed with this trade?

Really? You just acquired someone...that might arguably be the best player on your team. I don't get it.

I assure you he will not be the best player on this team and you can quote me on that.

Kevin Cleveland:
I can't be a Lakers fan
Man, if we really did land Paul, it's gonna be great seeing you damn near pull your hair out in this thread this season.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom