'12 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON (NSD, spring practice, summer sessions)

Yeah the $EC added Mizzou and TAMU remember? Vandy, Kentucky and Ole Miss didn't get votes.
I will miss Stephen Garcia. He was always good for a laugh (and a suspension). Soeaking of UGA, tha t#1 WR core in the nation is gonna take a hit w/ Mitchell playing DB full time now, eh?
DAWGZ.

..and he playing both ways full time, splitting time equally as needed. Foo bout to shut _s WR's DOWN and get busy on their DB's.

In other news.. Josh Harvey-Clemons was playing Safety at practice (got a pick too). Look like he taking that Alec Ogletree route.

I didnt realize til last week that TCU's Ed wesley entered the supplemental draft.

My understanding is there was some major family medical problems and he needed the money. Good Luck to him

kind of a big loss. very tough RB.

Crying? C'mon now. No need to get so serious. I just said my comment was in jest and thus not to be taken at face value. I'm just poking at SEC bias. I think any rational individual would find 11 out of 12 conference teams receiving a top 25 vote worthy of a quip. Tennessee just happened to be the 11th and my school just happened to not get a vote. I swear I made a comment in the same vein last year and no one said anything. I'm just messing around. And if you don't believe that, just assume the off-season is wearing on me and I didn't place my original comment in the proper context. My bad.

The VOLS would kick NW up and own the field son. Bet money on that. And respects go to NW, my high school teammate plays there T.Jones #6

FSU's Secondary and D-Line > Texas Secondary and D-Line
But Texas isn't bad though...respect to Diaz...he's gonna make a great head coach one of these days

There's no telling what you're going to get out of FSU's secondary w/ them replacing 2 starters

SMH @ Aubrey Hill (WR coach) resigining from Florida. I wanted him to be a lifetime Gator.

Last edited:
with Aubrey Hill resigning, whats going to happen to Michael barrow and Company at UM?

they almost HAVE to fall on the sword on this one.

No way can Golden Al's name be front in center in this.

Haven't been this excited for a football season in quite some time. All the noise coming out of camp is how in shape everyone is. Of course that being said, we can't get any worse then when Gill was here. What a disaster that was. :x

And...:smh: @ them boys at Auburn. :smh:

Penn State WR Justin Brown mulling transfer to Oklahoma

By Mike Singer | CBSSports.com
August 3, 2012 3:32 pm ET

Penn State senior WR Justin Brown is reportedly considering a transfer to Oklahoma in the wake of the crippling sanctions levied by the NCAA more than a week ago. Since those penalties were announced, eight players have left the Nittany Lions program without losing a year of eligibility – a clause included in the NCAA's decision.

Brown led the Nitanny Lions with 35 receptions, 517 yards and two touchdowns in 13 games. The senior has been in contact with Oklahoma coaches and is expected to announce a decision sooner rather than later, according to The Oklahoman, who spoke with Brown.

“I'm not close to a decision,” Brown told the publication on August 2nd. On July 29, Brown (@justinbrown19) tweeted: “This might be the longest week of my life.”

The Sooners began fall practices on Friday morning and the Nittany Lions will start their camp on Monday, August 6th.

ESPN's Joe Schad tweeted that Brown will meet with Penn State head coach Bill O'Brien on Friday afternoon and that Brown had an “Oklahoma lean per source.”

Oklahoma, who finished last season 10-3, was ranked No. 4 in the preseason coaches poll, released on Thursday.

Fellow senior Stephon Morris (@12_darKnight) tweeted to Brown on Friday “@justinbrown19 better not leave me. Played as true freshmen together, helped each other game rise. & we still have unfinished business.”

Brown was reportedly also contacted by Illinois and Cincinnati.

Brown's departure would be the second biggest blow to an offense who was only returning four starters from a year ago. Former Penn State RB Silas Redd, who ran for 1,241 yards last year, announced his transfer to USC earlier this week.

For more Big Ten coverage, follow Mike Singer and Dave Carey @CBSSportsBigTen.

There's no telling what you're going to get out of FSU's secondary w/ them replacing 2 starters
SMH @ Aubrey Hill (WR coach) resigining from Florida. I wanted him to be a lifetime Gator.

Depends on the scope of how you look @ it...T. Brooks I feel is an upgrade over Parks who was solid to say the least, and although he wasn't a starter Brooks played a decent amount of snaps last year w/o most even realizing it....Reid is more of a loss on special teams in my eyes, and I feel it will be combo of Waisome/Darby/Hunter to replace him @ Field Corner.

I was hoping the same thing with Hill...looks like Miami's sanctions are going to be somewhat similar to USC's

I didnt realize til last week that TCU's Ed wesley entered the supplemental draft.
My understanding is there was some major family medical problems and he needed the money. Good Luck to him
kind of a big loss. very tough RB.

Apparently it was his mother. TCU has decent depth at WR and RB though so should be able to survive that loss.

Trey what's all the tuff coming out now about Pachall? Anything new or just new details from all the stuff in February?

Trey what's all the tuff coming out now about Pachall? Anything new or just new details from all the stuff in February?

Its part of the stuff from the drug busts back in February. Casey lived with Tanner Brock. He admitted to failing a drug test and using cocaine and X before. Patterson released a statement saying they knew about the failed drug test, etc...no suspension. Apparently Pachall has passed every test since. Who knows. He represented TCU at Big 12 Media days so I dont see anything coming off it unless he fails another one.

Its part of the stuff from the drug busts back in February. Casey lived with Tanner Brock. He admitted to failing a drug test and using cocaine and X before. Patterson released a statement saying they knew about the failed drug test, etc...no suspension. Apparently Pachall has passed every test since. Who knows. He represented TCU at Big 12 Media days so I dont see anything coming off it unless he fails another one.
That's what I thought. Reading through a couple of the articles it seemed like old stuff but some idiots were tweeting like it was a big deal. :lol:

You still with ESPN radio?

Back
Top Bottom