Official Nike Air Ship | Solo Releases ‘22/‘23

Is it gatekeeping of me to be upset that now all the Travis Scott hypebeast kids are gonna know the history behind the air ship? Probably. I’m an ***.

Is it gatekeeping of me to be upset that now all the Travis Scott hypebeast kids are gonna know the history behind the air ship? Probably. I’m an ***.

These won’t have TS hype because TS’s hype is based on generational influence. Generation Z and Gen Alpha look at TS like Millennials look(ed) at Kanye 7-10 years ago. Unless TS starts wearing Air Ships, in that case all bets are off.

So these aren’t OG Air Ships right? Tooling is the Air Ship/AJ 1 fusion that MJ wore?

OG Air Ships:

814B7E47-2B5B-4925-88FE-6BA42C266C3E.jpeg
Correct.

But it's the right way for this colorway since it's what Mike wore.

The black/red Air Ship, if they come back, should be like the GR Air Ship since, once again, that's what Mike wore.

Correct.

But it's the right way for this colorway since it's what Mike wore.

The black/red Air Ship, if they come back, should be like the GR Air Ship since, once again, that's what Mike wore.

I have a feeling we aren’t going to get retros of the retail, 1984 OG Air Ships. I guarantee you Nike/JB are too cheap to spend the $500k on an FSR mold to fix the tooling issue.

Very nice. Definitely see a lot of folks probably buying the pack and flooding the after market with Air Ships though. :lol:

I’m totally ok with the MJ P.E. version of the Air Ships. Would even gladly accept a bred version made the same way. I’m all for nostalgia as much as anyone but the P.E. Ship is just as special as the actual GR version if not more and that midsole just looks a lot sleeker than the GR ships. I’d be more likely to wear those than not. On the other hand, that small swoosh on those 1s is kind of a let down and a borderline slap in the you know what considering how easy of a layup it would have been to slap a big OG style swoosh to finish these off properly. It’s sad because they do it on purpose. Still copping either way.

These won’t have TS hype because TS’s hype is based on generational influence. Generation Z and Gen Alpha look at TS like Millennials look(ed) at Kanye 7-10 years ago. Unless TS starts wearing Air Ships, in that case all bets are off.

here's a better question, wasn't Drake supposed to be in da position that Travis Scott is in now? i didn't see Travis Scott influence in terms of sneakers until he got his cactus Jack artist series along with Drake.

Back
Top Bottom