Official Nike Air Ship | Solo Releases ‘22/‘23

Idk guys I think that swoosh might be a lil bigger.. Also those 1s would look better with the white laces. I hope I can get my hands on these. Wonder what kinda release it’s gonna be.

I mean yah, it does look slightly bigger to me, but it's not OG size still

Actually like these. Leather looks really nice to my eyes. I prefer the smooth leather vs the tumbled stuff.

unfiltered

j1.png

bonus

j2.png

It’s the slant into the toe that’s off on the 1st. The collar is too wide and it makes them look...weird. If these are the precursor to the new mold of 1’s à la what the Frags were to the current mold then they’ve regressed.

It’s the slant into the toe that’s off on the 1st. The collar is too wide and it makes them look...weird. If these are the precursor to the new mold of 1’s à la what the Frags were to the current mold then they’ve regressed.
Those posted above look more like BTTYS dunks than AJ1s. I immediately got Those vibes off them.

Ships looking tuff. Way more dope than those ones. The toe is weird but maybe its just that pair or hes wearing the wrong size lol. My instincts are black red ships but the white might be able to do things for me. Classic looking silhouette thats been missing for so long its basically an all new shoe hitting the scene. Black / green ships would be stunning.

The simple color collar will look dope with outfits. Dare i say they might be as good as the 1 if you remove nostalgia and just take them at face value. Im all in on the ship.

LIke when i see new pics of these things my brain looks at the 1s and immediately picks apart and critiques the hell out of it. Brain looks at Ships and just goes into want mode.

The design is top notch. I like the crudeness of them. They look like if they were a dude hed be a simple man whos easy to please and easy going but cuts trees down for heat and kills animals for food. Has never been to anything close to resembling a wal mart. Finally got talked into getting a smartphone last year. Has 1 app. Tinder.

They even have nike air on the back for christs sake. 1s can only dream of such things. Ships lined up next to bc3 and 4 with na 5 and 6s now looks way more cohesive.
These are killers

I see you Mjo

Last edited:
Is that flocking on the midsole true to og 1s? Looks excessive

If that toe in this pic above is a fluke then im in because they nailed a lot of details. Especially the swoosh size and placement vs the lace hole strip curve above it. Now it visually makes 100 percent sense from a design perspective. Kudos on that.
The wings logo placement, though slightly altered is perfect and sits at the angle it needs to to line up with the white edge under it.
The soup can collar is back but ever so slightly tilted forward at the spine like its a nod to 2015s. More than acceptable. They even tightened up the top part.
Lace strips are closer to eachother like 85s. A bold move lookswise as that is the goofiest part of the OG. I like width on 2015s, 85s width gets into Bobo territory. Still, OG is OG and thats a yes from me dog.
Leather could be thicker.

Last edited:
MJ wore more shoes during his rookie year than any other season in his career, Wizards years aside. Nike/JB can milk this for years to come 😂

One weird thing i noticed though is the italicized NIKE on the back instead of the standard early 80s way of doing it with AIR italicized instead. Not sure which version looks better to me yet. You can see the normal OG italics on the neutral gray ships pic i just found
22EEB932-64D3-44E2-861B-51E359575671.jpeg

Im not a big fan of the red lace strip. Which is why the white/red edges out to 1st place.
4EA9CF96-6CB3-4E40-8ABD-EC42203BADED.jpeg
2FD4358B-6337-4821-BCAF-81A45E444F47.jpeg

Imagine a world where instead of mids Gentry focused on MJ PE Ships to be the knockdown version of 1s

I’m co fused about the materials, just looks weird compared to the normal leather we always got

It’s supposed to be like the OG which I guess is what we all wanted. These will have that ordinary, flat almost hard leather like the OGs had I would imagine. Some dudes will be disappointed that these won’t have their so called “buttery SBB” leather (they’re not supposed to). I hope they pass because of it lol.

It’s supposed to be like the OG which I guess is what we all wanted. These will have that ordinary, flat almost hard leather like the OGs had I would imagine. Some dudes will be disappointed that these won’t have their so called “buttery SBB” leather (they’re not supposed to). I hope they pass because of it lol.

I just picture it. A bunch of fakkuboys and youtubers calling them trash because the whole shoe feels like the black leather parts on the '16 b/red. Ignorant to the fact that you have to break in the shoe to soften the materials and wear them more than once a year for on-foot pics/vids. Looking for an smidge of tumble to determine "quality" materials.

Bruh just pass on these for the Chicago 1s you said are dropping in February

Back
Top Bottom