2000 Retro V's safe to wear?

Hello NT! I'm about to pick up a pair of DS Fire Red V retro's from 2000. The netting is cracking sadly but they are just TOO beautiful to pass up! I'm all for rocking kicks and I just have 1 question. Would they be safe to wear? Lately I've been seeing alot of DS old retro's cracking through pics if they haven't been worn. Thanks !
nox0lx.jpg

If they were not stored correctly (humidity, heat,
Oxydation) i would not wear them.
My 2000 retros have been worn in the last 11 years
Several times a year and they are all fine.
I only glued a bit at the toe thats it.

I'd advise you not to wear them, but yes it depends if they were stored correctly.
Ask him/her how they were stored.
Questions you may ask: Were they zip-locked? Did they ever get out of the box to breathe?
Were they stored in a dark, cool place?
If the answer to most of them are no, then don't attempt to buy 'em.

P.S. If those are the pictures he sent you or posted I would stay away.
Tell him/her that you want Tagged Pictures!
Date, & Username.

I wouldn't advise you to wear them. Think about it. If the netting has already cracked, then the midsoles are gonna be in the same condition. I suspect the shoes are dried out to poor storage techniques.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

I wouldn't advise you to wear them. Think about it. If the netting has already cracked, then the midsoles are gonna be in the same condition. I suspect the shoes are dried out to poor storage techniques.

This.

The Cracked Netting Should Be A Red Flag... Its Still A Good Pick Up. Just Keep Them DS.

they should be fine to wear. i have laneys and fire reds is VNDS condition and nothing has happened to them yet.

i've never had a problem with 5's. I've un-ds'd a few pairs of 2000's over the last couple years. no problems. but they still looked like they did when i first bought them at Sportmart.

If the air unit is clear, you should be golden grahams.

If it's fogged out then do not wear them because on a retro V, I guarantee you'll have cracking around the air unit.

Appreciate all the help fellas! Don't worry about it's my pic, very close friend of mines. Sadly I wanted to rock them... but I don't think I'll get them. The air pocket is very fogged. Thanks you guys!

I have a pair of VNDS Black metalic 5's.
yea I know they dont belong in this thread but I just need some answers.

The midsole is firm and theres little fogging on the air bubble, but the air bubble on my wearable cement 4's are also fogged.

My friend I bought them off of has worn them in the past months.

If I get rid of the fog with a blow dryer should it be hot or cold?
are they wearable overall?

i've had two pairs of 2000 v's fall apart even with regular use (both white/silver). i seriouly wouldn't risk any 2000 v pair even with clear bubbles. even if they hold up, it won't be for long.

i have black ones and white ones with fogged bubbles and i weight 240lbs and wear them daily with NO problems.

i have the same pair and my air bubble is fogged and i ware mine occasionally with no problems

Back
Top Bottom