2007 NT Boxing Post: Thanks For A Great Year/ Please Lock

any one know how much the gottie vs ward 3 fight series cost. illest 3 fights i ever seen

Originally Posted by BabyfacedAssassin31

I just got done watching the 3rd instalment of 24/7 they usually show it here after the US and Ive got to say I hope Floyd doesnt really think all that hes saying I mean when you start to beleive ya own hype that much and that you only have to turn up to win its a dangerous thing.This episode was by far the best so far I for one had no idea Ricky did those long@%%! non stop gruelling workouts thats tough man its not often you see fighters doin all that.

Ricky has nothing to lose here as he said Floyd calls him the fat kid and what happens when the fat kid beats him I want to see a great fight but I get the feeling from Mayweathers camp that they havent prepared for Hatton just gone through pre fight things as normal this maybe just the way TV portrays it if its true its sad if theres any boxers or sportsman here like myself you will know always do your homework prepare and leave no stone unturned you want to be more than ready.

Even if Floyd doesnt rate Ricky wich it seems very well he doesnt he still poses a unique different threat hes not like Gatti hes not like Castillo you cant compare him to another fighter out there or anybody Mayweathers fought I dont mind cockyness being brash but I think some of the things that Floyd says are plane stupidity hes talking about money this possesions that and talking about how you gonna put your life on the line for 1 truck and to drink guiness and play darts hes missing the point Ricky fights to go down in history to win titles not possesions thats all he cares about the purse/money comes last.

Im sure alot of you guys wont share my views but everybodys different this is just me saying wat I see and feel,I cant wait for saturday to come fast enough this fight is PPV here priced at £15.00 thats about $30 and the main event wont start till close to 4am Sunday morning alot of the countrys gonna be up watching it in the early hours forget sleep it comes 2nd to this lol.

Peace
Scottie
1. I definitely think Ricky believes his own hype too. How many times during the first 2 episodes did say things like "I'm a man of thepeople, I'm a normal guy, people love me, etc." As much as he was saying that @%$! you could tell he was feeling himself A WHOLE LOT. If it'sreally true, there is no need to say it, it will be plain to see.

2. Ricky said he's been called fat for years, Floyd didn't start that.

3. Floyd is definitely concerned with his place in history. Only problem is he is a little delusional about it.

Ricky doesnt feel himself hes as normal as me and u and hes worshiped in the UK he dont live in a huge house or even on a posh estate 24/7 is made for Americanot here all that stuff dont need to be said here n never has been its been portrayed to u guys to show you how Ricky and his life here is.A friend of mine whoboxes in New York went to the last fight and went to a bar after where ricky spent forever talking to fans personaly and buying them drinks no bodyguards nosecurity hes just not better than the average man in his eyes because he boxes on the biggest stage.

The UK is nothing like the US for hypeing sports and sportsmen and makeing them superstars forget Beckham he got big from marrying Posh Spice not his footballalone hes the only guy Ive ever seen out the UK try to be Hollywood.Rickys like some guy who lives on ya street or block hes not nor has he ever been a diva ashow off or a do u know who iam man.When he gets in the ring hes an animal but out of it he makes time for anybody not as his fans but as friends its hard toget across how it is here if youve been to the UK maybe u understand more its very non glamour very non bling unless u play football.

Just a note to Proffesor who said about David Haye he has said he wont ever fight at cruiser again because he has to boil down and lose 4stone/60 odd US lbsfrom his everyday walk
around weight and that his legs arnt init so from now on hell be fighting at heavyweight.Enzo wanted to fight him at cruiser but Haye refused and said only atheavy wich Enzos not interested in so Haye will end up forfitting his belts next year when he doesnt make a defense.

Peace
Scottie

Yeah, i had heard that haye was moving up to heavy. I think he'll have the power to compete against the big boys, i just don't know his chin will holdup. Cruiser's were denting him, so i can only imagine what a Klitshcko will do. Maybe his chin will get better since he won't have to boil himself downanymore. Thats what seemed to happen to Diego Corrales when he went up from 130 to 135.

And trust me, Floyd is taking this fight seriously and isn't as much of an$+@$ as he comes across on 24/7. He exaggerates quite a bit at times to sellhimself as the villain. He knows he's the disliked one, so he does everything he can to play the villain, so people tune in to see him beat. This isexactly how they showed his camp acting before the De La Hoya fight, and he performed fine against a MUCH bigger man. Floyd puts in an ungodly amount of work.Like they said, the man threw 10000 punches in one workout session, he'll be prepared. And they are preparing for Hatton specifically. Remember, theMayweather camp would not allow HBO to film any sparring whatsoever. Thats where they are preparing for Hattons style, we just can't see it. Thats why thebrought in Baldomir to spar, someone who can at least somewhat simulate Hatton's aggressive come forward style. I know Baldomir is much slower, but theidea is the same.

And Babyfaced Assassin, thanks for breaking it up into paragraphs. SO much easier to read now. I appreciate it.

I hope yor right about Mayweathers preperation for Hatton and its all as we say here panto acting but I cant understand the Baldomir thing hes not got anythingRicky has thas a horrible sparing partner for this fight,Im waiting to see what happens at the pre fight press conference and weigh in cause Floyds gonna pullsome crap you just know it,Im impressed with how Rickys not talked back to Floyd when hes got up in his face and tried to get under his skin thats gotta bedifficult not to react I think thats bothered Floyd a little im sure he knows how anoying he is and yet Hattons just stood there and smiled.

Haye will do great at heavy his chins not great but alot of those dents at cruiser were beacause at that weight he had no legs,hell give the huge guys troublewith speed and skill for a man of his size but he has to make sure he doesnt take to much punishment.

Peace
Scottie

[h1]Chat with Floyd Mayweather[/h1]

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
box_hattonmayweather_200.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table]Welcome to The Show! On Wednesday, we'll take you inside the ring when Floyd Mayweather stops by to chat about his upcoming welterweight title defense.
Mayweather puts his WBC on the line against Ricky Hatton on Saturday, Dec. 8, live from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The fight can be seen live on HBO Pay-Per-View.

Leading into the fight, fans can get a special, behind-the-scenes look at the two fighters in "Mayweather/Hatton 24/7" on HBO.

Mayweather enters the ring at 38-0-0 with 24 KOs. He has been a champion in five weight classes and is making his first defense of his welterweight title. He won it from Carlos Baldomir in 2006 in a 12-round decision. In his last fight in May, Mayweather earned a split decision over Oscar De La Hoya in a fight for the ages.

So, send in your questions now and then join Mayweather at 2 p.m. ET on Wednesday!

MORE
Previous boxing chat guests | SportsNation index

sn2.gif
Buzzmaster: Floyd will be here soon, everyone!

sn2.gif
Floyd Mayweather: Thank you to all the fans across the world for supporting Floyd Mayweather throughout the years. I'm looking forward to putting on my best performance on Saturday. Thanks for having me on.

Scott (Thibodaux, La.): Which round do you think you will knock him out in?

sn2.gif
Floyd Mayweather: I'm not going to predict a round, but I can guarantee you he won't make twelve.

Oscar (East Los Angeles, CA): Floyd, who has given you the toughest time in a fight? And would you consider taking a fight with Miguel Cotto?

sn2.gif
Floyd Mayweather: My toughest fight to day was probably Emmanuel Burton in 2000, right before I fought Corrales. I'm not thinking about any other fighter but Ricky Hatton right now.

Pete (norwood nj): Floyd...what part of Hatton's approach do you feel you've had to adjust to most with your training?

sn2.gif
Floyd Mayweather: I'm being honest, I haven't had to adjust to his approach. Whatever he tries to do will not matter, because I'll dictate what happens come Saturday night.

Mike (Elmhurst, IL): Floyd, what type of entrance can we expect on Saturday night? Can it upstage the Cinco de Mayo entrance vs. De La Hoya?

sn2.gif
Floyd Mayweather: The whole world is going to be surprised at what I'm coming out with on Saturday night. You've got to see it.

Chad (St. Pete, FL): How do you keep yourself motivated when you've accomplished all that you have?

sn2.gif
Floyd Mayweather: Continuing to have belief in the man upstairs, and surrounding myself with positive people, and continuing to work hard and stay dedicated to boxing.

Mike (Bronx, NY): Win, Lose, Draw....is this your last fight?

sn2.gif
Floyd Mayweather: When I beat Ricky Hatton on Saturday, I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll be taking a much-needed break. This will be my third fight in the last 13 months, I haven't even had time to take a vacation. I'm looking to put on a good performance, then taking some time off.

David (Brooklyn): How did your Dancing With the Stars stint affect your training for this fight?

sn2.gif
Floyd Mayweather: It didn't affect my training at all. It was an unbelievable experience, and I appreciate that I got the opportunity to do something outside of my element. It was really cool.

Thomas (Pittsburgh, PA): I know you dont want give away your game plan but are going to be aggressive in this fight or be the counterpuncher that you are?

sn2.gif
Floyd Mayweather: I will dictate whatever happens from round one. I'll make it very uncomfortable for Hatton. He seems to think that putting pressure on me is something new, but how does he respond to pressure?

Boogy Down Berg: Floyd, who is your favorite all time boxer and why?

sn2.gif
Floyd Mayweather: We've had so many great fighters throughout the history of the sport, there's not just one in particular. There are so many great fighters that paved the way.

Mike (Tempe): What do you do to wind down after a hard day of training?

sn2.gif
Floyd Mayweather: I like to go home, watch sports, play my video games, have fun with my kids...that's how I relax.

Karl Netcong NJ: Floyd out of all the fights you have had are you looking foward to this one the most

sn2.gif
Floyd Mayweather: I'll say that I am, even though my approach is to look at all opponents the same way. I have a little extra fire in my belly for this fight, because he's talked so much trash throughout the promotion. We'll see if he can back up all that trash he talked on Saturday night.

Scott, New York, NY: The HBO show is making you look like the "bad guy" in the fight. Do you think they're trying to make people cheer for Hatton? Do you care?

sn2.gif
Floyd Mayweather: No, the series might have done that last year, but I love the 24/7 show. The fans got a chance to see a different side of Floyd Mayweather--to see my family. I'm no different from any other fan, I just happen to be the best in the sport at what I do, and I'm confident in my abilities.

Clem Chestak: Floyd, would you let your kids be a fighter in the future?

sn2.gif
Floyd Mayweather: I'll support whatever my kids want to do 100 percent. I want them to have the best of everything, that's why I'm out there laying it on the line.

Seve (Lubbock,TX): Do you think this fight if won will secure your legacy as fighter ranked among Ali, Robinson, and Louis?

sn2.gif
Floyd Mayweather: My legacy is already secured. I've proven that by winning six titles in five weight classes in under nine years. This is a great, great fight because I know he's going to bring his best. He doesn't want to let his country down. There will be over 30,000 Brits coming over to the U.S., which is great for the sport. I just relish getting in that ring come Saturday night and proving everybody wrong who thinks he has a chance.

matt st.albans,wv: do you think hatton is a better opponent than oscar?

sn2.gif
Floyd Mayweather: Come Saturday, we'll see. Oscar has accomplished more in his career, but we'll see what Hatton brings to the table. He's tough and hungry.

sn2.gif
Floyd Mayweather: This is a must-see event. I want all the fans to be sure to tune in. You have two young, undefeated fighters, country vs. country, somebody must go, and it won't be me! Thanks for the support, and I'll see you Saturday night!
[/td] [/tr][/table]

good read.

thanks GUNNA!

Mayweather isn't the best showman but he does put in work to promote a fight.

can sustain his power for 12 rds? i think he'll get his hits in but he'll also do a lot of flailing.

I think he proved in the Tsyzu fight (even though the ref was basically let them fight while they were holding each other) that he can sustain it as long asthe opponent can.

Theres a few articles posted on skysports.com some of you might find some of the things said interesting

Hatton can win - Castillo

One of only two men to face both fighters is backing Ricky Hatton to triumph against Floyd Mayweather.

Jose Luis Castillo believes the Hitman will have too much power and poise for the Pretty Boy when the pair finally face off of in Undefeated thisweekend.

Castillo twice took Mayweather the distance back in 2002 - with many observers believing he won the first meeting - while Hatton famously stopped theMexican with a fourth-round bodyshot back in June.

The 33-year-old insists there is more to the Mancunian's game that brute force and that he says, means a first defeat for the favourite.

"Whereas Mayweather is very quick and sharp, Hatton throws a lot of heavy punches, moves better and is faster than people believe," he toldThe Telegraph.

"To see it as a mismatch in which Mayweather will simply outpoint Hatton is too short-sighted. I can't see that. Hatton is a very proud, strongfighter and he can win. I have no doubt about that."

Meanwhile Castillo, a two-time lightweight world champion, is being touted as the possible opponent for Junior Witter's next WBC light-welterweightdefence.

The Bradford switch-hitter has long craved an all-British showdown with Hatton, but with Oscar de la Hoya emerging as the favourite to face Hatton on hishomecoming, Castillo could get another crack at a world title at 140lbs.

Oscar incentive for Hatton

If the chance to defeat arguably the best pound-for-pound fighter on the planet was not incentive enough, Ricky Hatton has anotherreason to beat Floyd Mayweather in the early hours of Sunday morning - a homecoming contest against Oscar De La Hoya at Wembley Stadium.

Hatton's lawyer Gareth Williams has said that talks are already at an advanced stage for the match-up, with May being touted as the month in which theHitman might face the Golden Boy - and likely break box office records.

It would also satisfy Hatton's craving for a super-fight in Britain, both as a reward for himself and the thousands of fans who have followed his recentexploits - and those to come - Stateside.

Williams said: "The chances are very strong. We have strong links with Oscar De La Hoya and Golden Boy (Promotions) and we have had discussions withthem about fighting Oscar at Wembley.

"It would be the perfect venue and we could look at selling in excess of 80,000 tickets. Oscar has achieved everything in boxing bar recording therecord live gate - and he could achieve that if he fought in the UK against Ricky."
[h4]Prediction[/h4]
Indeed, Williams predicted that, with both British fans and American pay-per-view audiences to satisfy, the contest could well take place regardless of theoutcome of this weekend's WBC welterweight contest between Hatton and Mayweather.

And of the scheduling, Williams said: "It wouldn't be a 3am fight. We'd looking to do it possibly on a Sunday evening. Americans have atradition of watching sport on Sunday afternoons so it would be ideal that way."

De La Hoya, who has been co-promoting Hatton's 'Undefeated' contest against Mayweather, has long spoken of his admiration for theMancunian's style in the ring.

Having lost narrowly to the Pretty Boy earlier in the year, De La Hoya has also been helping Hatton put together a masterplan to beat Mayweather.

Such a result would certainly add gravitas to their own potential meeting, with De La Hoya admitting: "I would fight in London in a heartbeat.

"I want to fight the biggest fight and it would be an honour to go to Hatton's capital city and fight him there in front of 80,000 supporters.

"These are the kinds of fights that people want and it could happen. When I fought Mayweather it felt like a sparring session. He didn't want tofight.

"I want to please my fans in my last two fights and we all know a fight with Ricky Hatton is going to be exciting."
[h5]Confident[/h5]
Of the job in hand, Hatton was been watching tapes of De La Hoya's last performance and remains confident that he has the wherewithal to succeed wherethe Golden Boy only just failed.

Hatton said: "It seems funny me criticising him, but if you look at De La Hoya he is a tactician and a combination puncher. Mayweather wants you tothrow combinations so you miss a lot and get tired.

"Oscar has told me that he believes he would have won the fight if he could have done in the last six rounds what he did in the first six. He watchedme train on Monday and believes I can do that."

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Lacy looking better than ever heading into Manfredo fight[/h1]

By Dan Rafael
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: December 6, 2007
box_g_lacy_580.jpg

John Gichigi/Getty images

A full-strength Jeff Lacy, right, is a formidable opponent for anybody at 168 pounds.
One year ago, Jeff Lacy didn't know if he'd ever fight again. On Dec. 2, 2006, the former super middleweight titleholder was facing Vitali Tsypko on HBO on the undercard of his buddy Winky Wright's fight against Ike Quartey in Tampa. It was Lacy's comeback fight after a brutally one-sided defeat at the hands of Joe Calzaghe in a unification fight nine months earlier. A victory would have helped Lacy, from nearby St. Petersburg, begin to pick up the pieces after that difficult defeat and start him on the path back to a title shot. But in the second round, Lacy severely injured his left shoulder -- which is certainly not good when your nickname is "Left Hook" and your money punch is delivered with your left hand. Lacy knew he was injured, but he didn't know how badly. But he sucked it up, fought for eight more rounds, barely able to use his left, and emerged with a hard-earned majority decision. "Every time we were in a clinch, that's when I was grimacing. I was in pain, but I didn't want to let him see that I was in any pain," Lacy said. "The fact that I had already suffered a loss to Calzaghe is how I got through that fight. I told myself right there that there is no way I am going to lose another fight. For eight rounds I had to outhustle Tyspko. He was scared of my punching power, but you have no idea how little I could do. The first couple of rounds I really didn't feel that much pain, but by the sixth, seventh rounds I felt the pain and I knew I had to do whatever I could to win this fight." Lacy won it on pure guts and a few days later learned the extent of the damage. He had torn his left rotator cuff and also torn a tendon in his shoulder almost completely away from the bone.
box_g_lacy2_200.jpg

John Gichigi/Getty images

Can Jeff Lacy overcome a long layoff and a nagging shoulder injury?
"It was a big injury," trainer Dan Birmingham said. Following surgery, Lacy embarked on six months of intense therapy. He also took time for himself for some good, old fashioned rest and relaxation before resuming training over the summer. Lacy also settled his promotional situation following an acrimonious fallout with promoter Gary Shaw after the loss to Calzaghe by signing a contract with Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions that will take him through 2009. Now, his shoulder feeling strong and his mind and body well-rested, Lacy, 30, is ready to return to the ring. He'll face first-season "Contender" star Peter Manfredo Jr. in a 10-round fight at 170 pounds Saturday night (HBO PPV, 9 ET) at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on the Floyd Mayweather-Ricky Hatton undercard. "I'm very eager to get in the ring," Lacy said. "I've been ready for the last month in a half. I cannot wait." The winner will be in a great position for a big fight at super middleweight or light heavyweight. There has already been talk that a Lacy victory will propel him into an April fight in Tampa against former light heavyweight champion Antonio Tarver. "All the attention is at super middle and light heavy," Lacy said. "Jermain Taylor is moving up, Bernard Hopkins is out there, Tarver is there, there's the Roy Jones-Felix Trinidad winner, there's [Kelly] Pavlik, you got 'The Contender' series with 168-pounders. You name it and it's there for me. There's so much to do. I don't' know what route we go after Manfredo, but it's the perfect time for me to be returning." Lacy (22-1, 17 KOs) and Manfredo (28-4, 13 KOs) have much in common. Like Lacy, Manfredo also suffered a loss to Calzaghe, getting stopped in the third round on April 7. After two comeback wins in May and June, Manfredo, 27, also needed arm surgery. His was to clean up bone spurs and chips in his left elbow in August. "He's coming off surgery, and so am I. Neither of us have taken a tune-up fight," Manfredo said. "We're both fighters and we'll fight each other because this is what the public and boxing fans need. Jeff and I both come to fight, so you're going to see an action-packed fight for 10 rounds, if it goes that long." Lacy's injury was far more serious than Manfredo's, though. Coming back from the injury was one of the most difficult things Lacy has ever endured. "It was a real challenge. I kid you not … 97 percent of the tendon was torn off the bone in my shoulder," Lacy said. Lacy said that during the surgery, the doctor tore the remaining 3 percent off the bone and reattached the entire tendon so it would heal properly. "So they had to reattach everything and I was going through therapy," he said. "It was like starting over as an infant. I couldn't lift my arm. I had no strength in it. It was very challenging to overcome knowing where it was before to where it was at the time. It was a slow, slow process but I had a great therapist." Lacy said he always believed he would be able to fight again. [table][tr][th=""]Undefeated[/th] [/tr][tr][td]TV lineup for the "Undefeated" HBO PPV on Saturday night (9 ET) from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas: • Welterweights: Floyd Mayweather Jr. (38-0, 24 KOs) vs. Ricky Hatton (43-0, 31 KOs), 12 rounds, for Mayweather's title • Super middleweights: Jeff Lacy (22-1, 17 KOs) vs. Peter Manfredo Jr. (28-4, 13 KOs), 10 rounds • Junior featherweights: Daniel Ponce De Leon (33-1, 30 KOs) vs. Eduardo Escobedo (20-2, 14 KOs), 12 rounds, for Ponce De Leon's title • Lightweights: Edner Cherry (22-5-2, 10 KOs) vs. Wes Ferguson (17-2-1, 5 KOs), rematch, 10 rounds -- Dan Rafael[/td] [/tr][/table]"Being that I work how I work in the gym, I never let any doubt stop me," he said. "All I had to hear was the doctor say there was a chance that I could fight again and that is what I focused on. Now, my shoulder is stronger than it was before." About three months ago, Lacy was finally ready to go all out in sparring with Wright and Joey Gilbert. "When I started to hit the pads and spar, [the injury] was in the back of my mind the first couple of times; I was in the ring throwing it, but in the back of my mind I was worried," Lacy said. "But as I got more confident throwing the hook, it was like it was before. Now, I don't even think about it. About three months ago I finally let it rip. When I finally got a chance to throw it and saw the result of it, it made me very happy. It made me happy and confident. Before that I was thinking would I tear it again. "If Peter is thinking I am going in there with only one good arm, he's very, very wrong." Lacy had a previous problem with his shoulder -- tendonitis before the 2000 Olympics. But instead of surgery or rehabilitation, Lacy took a cortisone shot before the trials and fought through the injury. "The doctor said that when I have some down time I need to get it looked at," Lacy said. "Over the years it was wearing and tearing, and after awhile it gave way. I think everything happens for a reason. I never had a chance to really take a vacation or take time off ever since the Olympics. I was on the fast track and I never had time to relax until this happened." After the Olympics, Lacy turned pro with great fanfare and was kept busy. After he won a vacant title in dominant fashion against Syd Vanderpool in October 2004, it was not the time to rest the shoulder either, and he made four defenses in 11 months as one of boxing's busiest titleholders. Then he ran into Calzaghe in a fight that had been delayed by Calzaghe's own injury problems. Now, Lacy feels like the shoulder is back in shape. So does Birmingham, who has known Lacy most of his life and was with him every step of the way during his rehabilitation. "He's looking better than ever," Birmingham said. "His shoulder is stronger now I think. And he's mentally ready. He did six months of therapy. He was very diligent. When I did some research on the injury, it takes a year to heal. Jeff was able to cut the time down. It's been a long training camp and he's ready to fight. He is so focused and determined to get back on top. "I knew he'd come back. I think he needed that rest. It really rejuvenated him mentally. He's gonna beat this guy and look spectacular doing it." Dan Rafael covers boxing for ESPN.com.

Personally I think Lacys done I dont think hell be the same boxer he was b4 the Calzaghe fight I think his confidence is shot and he knows he can be beaten nowhes looked a shell of his former self since getting destroyed.I think hell struggle in this fight due to lack of self belief I think its still fresh in hismind how badly he lost and that it could happen again.

What was up with Floyd playing the nice guy at last nights press conference well up untill they squared up hows he gonna do that now and have anybody believeit,it made me chuckle Rickys got a great chance hes gotta do everything right u could see how serious he was last night and how ready he is for this n tha factnobodys really giving him a real chance to win this is fueling him more.

Im just hoping for a great toe to toe fight Floyd promised that against Oscar and he ran away half the fight lets hope this time he doesnt run to much or usthe fans who've paid all this money will be the losers.

Peace
Scottie

Originally Posted by BabyfacedAssassin31

Personally I think Lacys done I dont think hell be the same boxer he was b4 the Calzaghe fight I think his confidence is shot and he knows he can be beaten now hes looked a shell of his former self since getting destroyed.I think hell struggle in this fight due to lack of self belief I think its still fresh in his mind how badly he lost and that it could happen again.

What was up with Floyd playing the nice guy at last nights press conference well up untill they squared up hows he gonna do that now and anybody believe it,it made me chuckle Rickys got a great chance hes gotta do everything right u could see how serious he was last night and how ready he is for this n tha fact nobodys really giving him a real chance to win this is fueling him more.

Im just hoping for a great toe to toe fight Floyd promised that against Oscar and he ran away half the fight lets hope this time he doesnt run to much or us the fans who've paid all this money will be the losers.

Peace
Scottie

1. Of course Lacy looked like crap since Calzaghe. He had 1 fight, and in that fight tore his rotator cuff in the second round. Kinda hard too look goodwith only 1 fight and 1 arm. Cut the man some slack. I think the fact that he persevered to win a close fight with one arm for 8 rounds says that he'llbe fine mentally. Guys who are mentally destroyed don't go through that type of pain to try and win. Cut the man some slack.
2. Floyd didn't run from Oscar, and people who think that are nuts. Cory Spinks runs, Floyd doesn't. Sure Floyd doesn't go forward andpress the action, but he's not constantly on his bike. Counterpunching and being hard to hit is not running. Floyd gave Oscar chances to hit him, Oscarjust couldn't do it. Besides, Floyd was fighting all the way up at 154, 4 weight classes above his original weight. Would you expect Rickey to just tryand run though Mikkel Kessler or Joe Calzaghe, or even be somewhat effective?

Edit: thanks i caught it tonight i think that Mayweather will win by unanimous decision maybe 116-112 i think that Hatton is a good fighter but not a goodboxer he is the type that slugs it out and Mayweather will win easy, but Hatton impressed me when he defeated Kostya and i thought Kostya was great this fightwill go Mayweathers way but it won't be so easy Hatton will put pressure on Floyd.
I am rooting for Ricky Hatton all the way i just want someone to beatFloyd badly I have never wanted anyone to lose this bad in a long time since Prince Naseem Hamed. I hope Hatton can land some hard punches that will knockdownFloyd.

It's probably been posted before, I was too lazy to check, but here's a link to watch streaming video of Mayweather/Hatton 24/7:

It has all three episodes (check under Related Links). If you haven't seen them, I would strongly recommend watching them before the fight.

Be careful, you will almost be guaranteed to shell out $50 if you watch all the episodes. Even my non-boxing friends are ordering because of 24/7.

lol i like how they cutely play that hard rock music when hatton trains to make it look intense like any of us cant do the same +%%%

ok hattons fast.....but not faster then judah
like......the man barely has power at 147. Floyd fought oscar at 154 weighing 149.

i dont wanna say he has no chance(he doesnt) but unless floyd breaks his hands(yes both of them) its gonna get real ugly

ricky cant OUTBOX money may. point blank... and at 147 he doent have as much power as mayweather point blank

TV lineup for the "Undefeated" HBO PPV on Saturday night (9 ET) from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas: • Welterweights: Floyd Mayweather Jr. (38-0, 24 KOs) vs. Ricky Hatton (43-0, 31 KOs), 12 rounds, for Mayweather's title • Super middleweights: Jeff Lacy (22-1, 17 KOs) vs. Peter Manfredo Jr. (28-4, 13 KOs), 10 rounds • Junior featherweights: Daniel Ponce De Leon (33-1, 30 KOs) vs. Eduardo Escobedo (20-2, 14 KOs), 12 rounds, for Ponce De Leon's title • Lightweights: Edner Cherry (22-5-2, 10 KOs) vs. Wes Ferguson (17-2-1, 5 KOs), rematch, 10 rounds -- Dan Rafael
Propz to Golden Boy for putting together great undercards on their recent cards. When putting down $50, not only do you look for a great mainevent...you look at it's undercard. Don King needs to take notes...

Originally Posted by MayweatherMiami

lol i like how they cutely play that hard rock music when hatton trains to make it look intense like any of us cant do the same +%%%

ok hattons fast.....but not faster then judah
like......the man barely has power at 147. Floyd fought oscar at 154 weighing 149.

i dont wanna say he has no chance(he doesnt) but unless floyd breaks his hands(yes both of them) its gonna get real ugly

ricky cant OUTBOX money may. point blank... and at 147 he doent have as much power as mayweather point blank

Hatton still has more power than Floyd, but a lot of people are severely underrating Floyd's punching power. Yall remember what Floyd did to Gatti andSharmba Mitchell, right? Yall remember how Floyd was hittin Zab at will and was on his way to stopping him before Zab through the nutshot-rabbit punch combo,right? If Floyd's hands hold up, he will stop Hatton. Hatton cuts and swells like Arturo and can barely handle Luis Collazo level power, so 10-11 Roundsof Floyd peppering Ricky's face and it'll be curtains.

Back
Top Bottom