2007 NT Boxing Post: Thanks For A Great Year/ Please Lock

laugh.gif
U comparing that Bum that Paul Williams fought and hit with 800 punches
laugh.gif
to the likes of Hearns opponents( Duran, Hagler, Leonard, barkley, kinchen,Andries, benitexz, and Virgil Hill)

You're being funny right?
smh.gif
man o man

Im a Fan of Paul williams but nothing about him says Tommy Hearns. NOTHING

Fight of the year:
1. Contender final
2. Cotto VS Juda

Fighter of the year

Mayweather
Cotto
Pavlik
Calzaghe

Knock out of the year:
Pavlik knocking out JT
tired.gif

Fruad of the year:
Jermain Taylor
The whole HeavyWeight Divison
all undercards in PPV fights this year
These bums that been on Contender that for some reason keep getting air time on undercards.

For the youngsters who don't know better, watch this video and tell me The Hitman wasn't that dude.
pimp.gif

The only Hitman I know
pimp.gif

Oh i don't know about you guys, but Paul Williams reminds me more of Antonio Tarver than Tommy Hearns...

JT fraud? he fought a hell of a fight as far as im conerned against kelly................people saying thats the knockout of the years? Jt's was better

Originally Posted by MayweatherMiami

JT fraud? he fought a hell of a fight as far as im conerned against kelly................people saying thats the knockout of the years? Jt's was better
Fraud of the Year

1. Jermaine Taylor - KOd by Kelly Pavlik and snoozefest against Cory Spinks

2. Antonio Margarito - Was 2 -1 this year, should've been 1 - 2. Turned down more money to lose to Paul William than to fight Miguel Cotto
smh.gif

Cintron blew that same guy out in what 2 rds that Williams is fighting in that clip. That right hand that The "Motor City Cobra " hit Pipino Cuevas(who was a vicious puncher himself broke eye sockets and jaw on the regular) is one of my favorites . Williams pitty pats too much Tommy threw punches to putyou to sleep

JT knockout?

Anyway, I agree with the first part of your statement, I can't say anything bad about JT especially since he already proved himself against Hopkins (twice)and Taylor. Those are the type of guys who expose frauds. It can be argued those fights could have gone either way but I don't think it can be argued theywere very close, and both guys were legitimate top 10 P4P fighters (probably top 5 at both times). The Spinks fight wasn't a great a performance butit's kind of hard to fight a little slick southpaw who was running around the entire fight. He did drop Pavlik and I don't think being knocked out byprobably the most devastating puncher in boxing and potentially the fighter of the year is fraud worthy...and he's going to get back in the ring with himagain.

Originally Posted by dreClark

That KO at 2:20 in the Hitman Video
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

That KO was of Pipino Cuevas, and was the fight where The Hitman one his first world title. Dude destroyed champs like they were cot damn club fighters
smh.gif
smh.gif

My fav of the video is probably the one 40 seconds in. The one where he slumps dude in the green shorts, and when he tries to get up he kinda falls forwardand mushes his face into the turnbuckle. I can't help but laubgh whenever i see that one.
My Frauds of the year: Delvin Rodriguez and Julio Cesar Garcia. Both hyped up prospects with the chance to elevate themselves to contender status, andboth choked obscenely hard. Rodriguez getting flattened by Jesse Feliciano, and Garcia looking drugged against Troy Browning.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
to the both of them.

Looks like the Calzaghe-Hopkins fight just took a step toward happening.

Hopkins-Calzaghe Agree To a 50-50 Split

By Mark Vester

Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, revealed that Bernard Hopkins and Joe Calzaghe have agreed on a 50-50 split for a potential fight, at light heavyweight, in 2008. Talks between Golden Boy and promoter Frank Warren are ongoing to make the fight on American soil.

Talks hit a roadblock in the last few weeks with the money, first with Hopkins demanding a 60-40 split and then Golden Boy offering Calzaghe less money than what he previously made for Mikkel Kessler on November 3.

Cooler heads have prevailed and all parties involved are hoping the fight can made before the end of the year. Over the weekend, Hopkins and Calzaghe made headlines around the world when they verbally clashed in Las Vegas, adding more hype to the fight.
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

laugh.gif
i watched the vid and had the dudes at the gym school me on tommy hearns...needless to say i got the same reaction i got here in this thread but ten timesworse from my trainer
laugh.gif

trust that if we were in person, you probably woulda heard it worse from us too.
laugh.gif
Butas long as after you watched the vid you realize the error of your ways, then all is forgiven and we will allow you back in here.

Compare Paul Willaims to Tommy Hearns again and your !%+%%*@ done though.

im not gonna have ya'll disrespcecting my dude williams like that lol ....he gotta 10-12 more years in him

however hearns>>>>>P.williams

dont belittle my dude tho haha

Haha, aint no one tryin to belittle Williams. We're just saying the comparison to Tommy is not a good one. Paul can go on to win 150 fights and eventuallybe heavyweight champ. Won't change the fact that comparing his style and punching power to Tommy's is not accurate, thats all anyone is getting it.Lotta folks here like Paul's future, me included.

tommy hearns looks like stringer "r.i.p" bell haha. i hope to see you in "the wire" threads this january stringer.

early predictions.... Marlo leaves season 5 without a scratch

micheal turns into an amateur boxer hahaha , why not right?

Taken from the S&T "NEXT" post:
Ladies and Gentleman, Meet the Next Great Action Hero

75586958.jpg

With the retirement of Arturo Gatti this past July, the sport of boxing lost its greatest action star. Now, it seems as if we have a replacement, and just in time. Lightweight contender Michael Katsidis (23-0, 20 KO's) is a fighter who knows only one direction, and that is forard. He is a relentless pressure fighter, with huge power, and not a shred of defense. He had 2 fights in 2007, and 2 fight of the year candidates. He got off the canvas to knock out Graham Earl back in February, and with his face all bloodied up (see above picture) against Czar Amonsot in July, the referee was close to stopping the bout in the 10th round. Katsidis responded by knocking down Amonsot about 30 seconds into the round, and unloaded everything he could to try and get him out of there. While he didn't get the stoppage, he lasted the distance and won a unanimous decision. He will never be a pound-4-pound great fighter, but with his style, power, and resolve, he will put on a show every time out, win or lose.

And as for personality, the kid has plenty of it. He walks to the ring alone in a spartan helmet and tribal-esque music, and the day after his fight withAmonsot and his face still swollen and a bit bloody, he was tanning poolside at the MGM grand hotel. Hard not to root for the guy.

Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot-2.jpg
moz-screenshot-3.jpg
James_Kirkland_BIG.jpg

Put simply, James Kirkland is !*#@!%@ scary. The Junior Middleweight prospect (21-0, 18 KO's) looks like a smaller Mike Tyson in the ring, except MOREaggressive. Down to the jet black shorts and shoes, you can't help but think of Mike when Kirkland steps in the ring. He is easy to hit and still a bitrough around the edges, but you can't help but be interested by his intensity. He gets knocked down, gets up and waves at his opponent to come back and gethim. His 1st round KO of Allen Conyers showed the best of Kirkland, and the worst of Kirkland, and exactly why he will be an obscenely popular fighter in thenear future. Check it out for yourself

Honorable Mention:
Andy Lee, Middleweight, 13-0 10 KO's. This Irish born southpaw, now training with Emmanuel Steward in Detroit, has everything needed to become a star.White skin (as much as i hate to say it), skills, power, confidence, and a great offensive trainer. His KO of former titlist Carl Daniels with a right hand waseye-opening, and his confidence was apparent when he put his hands up in victory before Daniels had even hit the canvas. Nobody had ever knocked out Danielsthat quick. See Here.

Devon Alexander, Light Weltereight, 13-0 8 KO's. This St. Louis fighter, trained by Corey Spinks trainer Kevin Cunningham, is almost a sure bet to be afuture pound-4-pound top fighter. He has excellent defense, fast hands, short tight punches, and a very accomplished trainer. One knock on him had been hisperceived lack of power, which he has answered in his recent fights, currently riding a 5 fight KO streak, including a 1st round destruction of previouslyundefeated Cory Peterson. While it remains to be seen if the public will gravitate towards Alexander, his skill will be hard to ignore once he starts winningworld titles.

Well he's gone 8 rounds once, and 10 rounds once. I didn't see the 10 round performance, but i did see the one where he went 8, and he still lookedlike he had a bit left in the tank, while KO'ing the dude in that 8th round. It would be tough for him to go the full 12 balls to the wall like in thatclip, but he opens up every fight that way, and keeps up a very good pace even when the fight goes a few rounds. Also, apparently his training has improved inhis last couple fights, and supposedly he IS in shape to go like that for however long is needed.

Back
Top Bottom