*** 2008 MLB Draft *** Vol. Rays on The Clock 6/5 @ 2pm ET

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Well, I think that's enough of the phone interviews.

laugh.gif
You couldn't hear a word Beckham said, and Hosmer never saidanything...
ESPN's coverage is so shoddy, but I still enjoy it some... There's just too many prospects and too many kids throughout the country for theseguys to know what's going on...

You guys really follow the draft like that? I mean, it's nearly impossible to have a feel for 98 percent of these players right now... i like following myteams minor league squads and all, but it seems a bit to extreme to really be watching the draft live and all that.. i mean, does it really matter right now,half these guys will be traded and/or never make it past rookie ball anyhow, why bother...

^ not really these young kids are studs not all but if your team drafts someone like David Price, Tim Lincecum etc... they will improve your team.

it makes no sense how bud is saying the picks. we no where miami is u %@*@+*+ idiot u dont have to announce the dudes home town also

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

it makes no sense how bud is saying the picks. we no where miami is u %@*@+*+ idiot u dont have to announce the dudes home town also
My favorite was his San Diego line. Because the viewers need to know he's talking about the San Diego in California and not the one is RhodeIsland.

and i may be tirping but did i hear early on some dude from florida went to a high school called Plantation high school?

Justin Smoak?
"Congrats Rangers fans, you just found your replacement for Mark Teixeira. Just a crazy, crazy steal. The Rangers could have picked fourth or fifth and not done better."
From one of the prospect websites I browse...

Teixeira and Chipper Jones comparisons? Nice...

And I'm done with this telecast...
laugh.gif

I'm mad at the Texas Justin Smoak pick. Was hoping he would fall one more to Oakland. Thanks to the Rangers we got the next Delino DeShields.

^ Giants got Gerald Posey from Georgia heard great things about him and Georgia players usually turn out pretty great.

Mets get Braves 18th Draft pick
mad.gif

Actually I think the Giants made a mistake taking Posey. They were in desperate need of a big bat - a franchise player after Barry left - and truth is,catchers in general just aren't franchise players. They made a mistake passing on Smoak.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so who the hell did the dodgers just pick?

3B/P Ethan Martin. A lot of guys like him more as a pitcher, but Selig announced him as a 3B so we'll see. When Loney was drafted he was announced as aP so maybe they aren't sure yet. He isn't the kind of polished pitcher White usually takes, like Kershaw, Elbert or Billingsley, which makes me thinkthey really want him as a 3B. He has huge raw power, which White doesn't usually draft for, but has an advanced approach at the plate and good discipline.I'm interested to see what position they put him at.

Back
Top Bottom