*** 2008 MLB Draft *** Vol. Rays on The Clock 6/5 @ 2pm ET

welcome to the washington nationals, mr. crow! he's gonna mature into a pitching phenom.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

^ Giants got Gerald Posey from Georgia heard great things about him and Georgia players usually turn out pretty great.

Mets get Braves 18th Draft pick
mad.gif

isnt he from florida st.? NOT georgia?

And yeah, i wanted them to pick up Smoak. JT Snow's protege
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

^ Giants got Gerald Posey from Georgia heard great things about him and Georgia players usually turn out pretty great.

Mets get Braves 18th Draft pick
mad.gif
Good looks I really wanted Smoak, but it doesn't matter

TJS within a year
He's got ace stuff if he can get the change up to par, but if he doesn't get that Captain Hook lookin hitch out of his motion, Tommy Johnis a real possibility... His mechanics definitely need some cleaning up.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

and i may be tirping but did i hear early on some dude from florida went to a high school called Plantation high school?

You heard right, that's a school down here.

The dude the Mets drafted with the 22nd pick doesn't sound too promising. Anybody see this kid play and how efficient is he?

The Indians draft a criminal.

Might as well, I mean, my other favorite teams are the Cowboys, Gonzaga and West Virginia.
laugh.gif

Red Sox get Casey Kelly, son of Pat Kelly. Was going to be quarterback at U of Tennessee. Sounds like a Todd Helton. Might be a sleeper.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

and i may be tirping but did i hear early on some dude from florida went to a high school called Plantation high school?

Yeah, Plantation is a city in South Florida.

Wait..........

The Tampa Bay "Rays" started this whole, we want to drop the "Devil" in our team name....

Yet, they hand Tim Beckham a Devil Rays hat.
roll.gif

mlb_beckham_200.jpg

Copying/pasting what I wrote in the Mets thread.:

So far...the Mets have drafted:

18) Ike Davis (1B)...pick fro Glavine deal, a lefty power hitter (surprised he fell this low).

22) Reese Havens (SS)...pretty much one of those players teams like to have. He's a scrappy player, leader, has a great eye, hits for average, plays goodD, and could wind up filling a few different spots that we are in need of. Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a catcher.

33) Bradley Huff....a power pitcher who hits 92-94 consistently (tops out at 96), but has no secondary pitch (another Pelfrey IMO). I hate seeing college kidshaving breaking/curveballs at an early age, they end up having short careeres. he won't face any Major Leaguers for 3 years anyways, so he should be ableto develop.

68) Javier Rodriguez (sounds like a wannabe Gomez)

JAVIER RODRIGUEZ, OF, Puerto Rico Baseball Academy, Gurabo, P.R.
Considered one of the better prospects in Puerto Rico heading into the Excellence Tournament that annually draws scouts to see the island's best talent each May, Rodriguez elevated his status after his strong showing there. He is the best pure hitter from Puerto Rico and has good bat speed. With a lean, athletic body, Rodriguez should have the ability to add muscle to his long frame. He shows above-average raw power to the pull side, though there is some length to his swing. Rodriguez is an average to above-average runner, clocking in at 6.7 seconds in the 60-yard dash. Reviews of his fielding are mixed, though his arm is above-average for both the length and carry he gets on the ball and for its accuracy.

All of the picks have been power arms or bats pretty much, they just went in wanting to draft the best possibly players, not needs (this isn't the NBA,NFL, etc).

Wow, congrats to my homeboy Pedro Alvarez going number 2. I knew he was going to be drafted but not number 2. Me and his sister go way back, so I willdefinitely be taking advantage of the friend privileges
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Tigers just drafted Alex Avila, a catcher, the son of their VP and Asst. GM... played against him in HS. He's super intimidating.

The Indians selected an infielder Thursday in the baseball draft who was kicked off his college team for stealing electronics from a dorm room.
Lonnie Chisenhall pleaded guilty to burglary and grand larceny and was sentenced in February to six months' probation. Chisenhall and a former South Carolina teammate were arrested in March 2007 for stealing a flat-screen TV and a PlayStation 3 system from a resident advisor's dorm room.

Indians scouting director Brad Grant said the club did extensive background checks on Chisenhall, who was selected with the 29th overall pick.

Aint nothin wrong with that, if he was like most RA's...he had it comin
pimp.gif

Casey Kelly a sleeper?
Dude went 1st round. He been the Bidness in Florida for 3 yrs now.
He's expected to do big things.

as far as Tennessee football goes, it Turns out he was just using his football scholarship from tennessee to drive up his asking price from MLB ball clubs(smart young man)
They will pay him alot more than what your avg 30th choice gets.
He will be a Red Sock.

[table][tr][td]41[/td] [td]
logo_chc_38x45.gif
[/td] [td]Flaherty, Ryan[/td] [td]Vanderbilt U[/td] [td]SS[/td] [td]L/R[/td] [td]6'03"[/td] [td]200[/td] [td]1986-07-27[/td] [td]JR[/td] [td] 400K[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Comments: A strong and athletic infielder with a classic left-handed swing, he's drawn a comparison to Wally Joyner in terms of his offensive skill set. He should hit for average, but hasn't shown much power at this point. Defensively, he's got a good arm, but does not have the range to stay at short. A move to third might make the most sense given his size.
[/td] [/tr][/table]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
My Dude, too bad he got drafted to the worst possible team for me
ohwell.gif

speaking of Vandy Baseball anyone know where (or if) Dominic De La Osa is projected to go

I figured he be goin early, dude been swingin the bat better and better every yr he been there.

Wiz, where you at? U got info on De La Osa?

Back
Top Bottom