pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

%@$ is this dude talking BD didnt deserve it? Baron throughout his career has put up numbers like that when he is healthy, not just in Don Nelson's"circus offense". BD deserves it more than Roy and def more than West... who is that anyway?

So.... Baron Davis upsetting Dallas Mavs last year, not counted? SMH.......
Yes, that has nothing to do with THIS YEAR'S all-star selections.

I'm happy Roy made it, but I def. think BD deserved a spot over Roy (better numbers, similar records) - now I kinda wish Baron would have made it over Royso Warriors would stop complaining. They should have taken off a forward to add another guard. I'd love to see any of these guards playing over Dirk,Boozer or Amare.

lol at most all of these BD fans. Go cry yourselves a river... Your Boy missed it, Portland's made it. Go pull all the numbers and whatever out of yourbutts that you want. Story is the NBA COACHES though there were other deserving players over BD, nuff said.

Like i said earlier, numbers don't tell the whole story. Do numbers show clutch shots, game winning moves, leadership, etc... And there is a very very goodpoint being made about defense. nobody ever looks at defense, its all about the avg. points, assists, and rebounds... Thats only half the game fellas.

Naked truth... Roy = All-Star, Baron = A nice couple days off
pimp.gif

Why is there so much debate in here? This happens every year...dudes will always get left out...thats just how it is. Even if the people you all feel were snubmade the game...then there would still be a case for the people who didn't. The biggest thing is that EVERY person chosen are having All Star caliberseasons...I can't be mad at that.

For real how are you going to say BD doesn't play D.
Do your homework before you make some stupid remark like that...

And what does anything have to do with the Warriors system....$!@ are you talking about?
It's still basketball and Baron has proven he's an all star this year.

I just think Roy got in over Baron because the Blazers are a feel good story...it is what it is

Originally Posted by JONFARR

lol at most all of these BD fans. Go cry yourselves a river... Your Boy missed it, Portland's made it. Go pull all the numbers and whatever out of your butts that you want. Story is the NBA COACHES though there were other deserving players over BD, nuff said.

Like i said earlier, numbers don't tell the whole story. Do numbers show clutch shots, game winning moves, leadership, etc... And there is a very very good point being made about defense. nobody ever looks at defense, its all about the avg. points, assists, and rebounds... Thats only half the game fellas.

pimp.gif

Clutchness? Game winning moves? Yeah, thanks for making another great point for why Baron deserved it over Roy. Last time I checked it was Outlaw makingall the game winners.

Nothing wrong with Antawn...when healthy he's an All Star every year, Joe Johnson shouldn't be on there.

Originally Posted by 24 K B 8

Originally Posted by EFIL 4 REKAL

Very pleased to hear Baron Davis did not make the all-star team. He doesn't deserve it, he doesn't attempt to play a lick of defense, and his numbers are inflated in that circus offense system Don Nelson runs. Smart basketball heads aren't buying into that crap. Enjoy your weekend, Baron!
Now somebody makes sense besides me
pimp.gif

ignorance at its best. "smart" basketball heads dont seem to watch basketball either. smh at you biased %%$ lakers fans.

Originally Posted by 715 asterisk

Originally Posted by breakinyourankles

I didn't even expect Baron to make the All star team with all the packed guards in the West. I think he deserves it though.
But CP3 and Roy
pimp.gif

You're infamous for your expectations ...

"Sorry to break your hearts ..."

laugh.gif
But this time I was right
EDIT: Damn how did I miss David West.

westpaul1_300_080131.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Now if only the Hornets coaches gets it

Originally Posted by JONFARR

lol at most all of these BD fans. Go cry yourselves a river... Your Boy missed it, Portland's made it. Go pull all the numbers and whatever out of your butts that you want. Story is the NBA COACHES though there were other deserving players over BD, nuff said.

Like i said earlier, numbers don't tell the whole story. Do numbers show clutch shots, game winning moves, leadership, etc... And there is a very very good point being made about defense. nobody ever looks at defense, its all about the avg. points, assists, and rebounds... Thats only half the game fellas.

pimp.gif

game winning moves are you serious :roll
ummm Baron is in the top 2 in the league in steals, and has the most blocks i beleive for point gaurds...i haveto see you prove that baron doesnt play defense , people wuold always point that out but never prove it...because that is a part of the game where you barelysee...also baron is one of the warriors best post up defenders (beleive it or not} id like to add another thing baron has been one of the most clutch playersthis year....and avery johnson said baron's numbers is second in the NBA (first is Lebron)

Joe Johnson had a way better season last year and he barely made the all star team replacing Kidd so he should not be on the team this season. Calderon, GeraldWallace and Josh Smith are way more deserving.

Originally Posted by indohan

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

I haven't read anybody give a legit reason why Roy deserves it over Baron. Anybody?
The Blazers winning streak was all Roy
pimp.gif

Yeah, once you see a whale, you forget about the sharks beside it....
Travis outlaw, aldridge etc.... all forgotten...

You are blinded by:
W = Roy
L = Aldridge, Outlaw, etc.
Very smart observation, indeed.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

The Blazers winning streak says it all.....so Roy > Davis for the AS team

look at who they played. the blazers recently going 4-6 says it all. so many dumb statements in this thread.
They don't base the selections because of the last 10 games SMH....

thank you. people give roy too much credit. i'm not sayin he shouldn't be an all star because i think he deserved it, but you guys are freakingletting it get out of hand. aldridge has been solid all season and given them a nice inside presence while outlaw was just as key if not more so than royduring that win streak. and a whole bunch of other players stepped up during certain games but get little/no recognition. blake, jones, webster, jack, they allhave had their games to help the blazers.

hahaha this dude said outlaw makes all the game winners...you saw outlaw make 2 game winners on espn and then you say something like that...
laugh.gif

I just think Roy got in over Baron because the Blazers are a feel good story...it is what it is -/quote]

yup!...blazers are exceeding expectations far greater than what the warriors have achieved so far.

Like i said earlier, numbers don't tell the whole story. Do numbers show clutch shots, game winning moves, leadership, etc...
hated seahawk fan, you don't know what you're talking about. you clearly don't watch enough warriors basketball and are just as biasedas your play-by-play announcers are
indifferent.gif
. baron has all of thosequalities and then some. he is just as clutch as the best in the league; if you argue otherwise you're just biased. his intangibles are just as good asB-Roy's. he stayed healthy, and has played well.

i don't mind him getting snubbed tbh cuz i'd rather have him focus his energy to the rest of the season and beyond, but that is a snub. broy isdeserving to be an all-star, but BD deserves it over him. BRoy has plenty of opportunities to make it in the future. I really expected it because that'swhat always happens to us. It is cuz the Blazers weren't expected to be where they are right now...just admit that.

he is leading the warriors to their best record (at this point in time) in a lonnng time, he deserves a lot of credit for what he's done. but i expected itto happen so whatever. but don't act like he didn't get robbed.

and LOL at people who say Baron don't play defense. dudes who don'nt watch the warriors always say we're a running team and we don't play D butthat couldn't be further from the case. we don't have good post defenders, but our perimeter D is not that bad. if you think BRoy deserves it overBaron I don't have a problem with that, but there's a lot of ignorance in this thread.

lol, there have been some horrible arguments in this thread, mainly by a certain Lakers fan, but this one has to take the cake:

roll.gif
Im sorry, but it doesnt even make sense

Originally Posted by EFIL 4 REKAL

Very pleased to hear Baron Davis did not make the all-star team. He doesn't deserve it, he doesn't attempt to play a lick of defense, and his numbers are inflated in that circus offense system Don Nelson runs. Smart basketball heads aren't buying into that crap. Enjoy your weekend, Baron!

Yea, him not playing defense stopped Kobe in Oakland huh?

It is cuz the Blazers weren't expected to be where they are right now...just admit that.
yeah and thats what makes it even more deserving...

Im sure the coaches know more than us niketalkers.

Dont get mad guys...

Back
Top Bottom