*** 2008 NBA ALL STAR: FULL ROSTERS! (Update on Allen-Butler + RASHEED) ***

Originally Posted by 715 asterisk

I know what this thread is missing. Chester running around like a lame posting pictures of crying babies and tissue boxes. We definitely need a least 3 more pictures out of you.

And we need *at least* four more posts from you complaining. See what I did there?

Originally Posted by WJuN15

instead they choose some random win streak number as the basis of player a > player b. i was never arguing that. i said they both deserved it and idiots keep comin in sayin that baron is worse because roy had that win streak or w/e.
i dont know how you can say roy got it cuz of one winning streak...maybe coaches know more than us. i dont know.

This is pointless cuz theres too many dumb blazer/warriors fans in this thread. Using arguments made by other ppl against ur own arguments...

We can all agree Baron Davis and Brandon Roy are both pretty good basketball players.

i can definitely agree with the last statement. but there is a lot of ignorance by blazer fans
laugh.gif
. baron doesn't play D, make clutch shots, i'm still laughing
roll.gif
roll.gif

and on another note, baron isn't well-liked by opposing coaches since he's been viewed as a cancer until he met nellie, byron scott definitelydidn't vote for him....but it's just one vote so it might not have made that big a difference
nerd.gif

^ Don't think that about all Blazers fans because some moron started spouting off with nonsense. I wanted to see BD, CP3 and Roy in the ASG.

Some people only watch Sportscenter highlights and box scores. It's sad but true.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

^ Don't think that about all Blazers fans because some moron started spouting off with nonsense. I wanted to see BD, CP3 and Roy in the ASG.

Some people only watch Sportscenter highlights and box scores. It's sad but true.

^ yeah i think we're all coming to terms here. one person says that nonsense and all hell breaks loose
laugh.gif
. this isn't a player a > player b thread. it's all of them shouldhave made it but didn't and then when someone came in saying stupid stuff it just got out of hand. all of them deserved a spot and i'm glad roy and cp3got it.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by 715 asterisk

I know what this thread is missing. Chester running around like a lame posting pictures of crying babies and tissue boxes. We definitely need a least 3 more pictures out of you.

And we need *at least* four more posts from you complaining. See what I did there?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Congrats to Caron, glad to see he got the recognition he deserved.
Warriors fans need to let it go, the West is full of great gaurds(CP3, Roy, Deron, Kobe, AI, BD, Nash)
Someone was going to get snubbed, if BD played in the East, he probably would have made it though.
Besides, it's the coaches that voted them in. I'm pretty sure an NBA coach knows who the best player in the L.

laugh.gif
yeah that's true-all of them deserve it but there will be snubs because there are just too many good PGs in the West. You really could argue foranyone (Deron/Baron/Roy/ etc etc) to be in the game.

SMMFH at Dwayne Wade making this All Star team and not Ray Allen. I do, however, agree that Baron Davis should not have made it, but only because the West hasstronger competition.

On another note Marcus Camby got robbed.....

Amare may have the flash and the highlights but I think Camby definitely deserved the spot over him.

i can definitely agree with the last statement. but there is a lot of ignorance by blazer fans
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

and on another note, baron isn't well-liked by opposing coaches since he's been viewed as a cancer until he met nellie, byron scott definitely didn't vote for him....but it's just one vote so it might not have made that big a difference
nerd.gif

if you read the post, the person that said that was a laker fan...and im sure theres ignorance on both sides eh?

but can someone tell me why karl doesnt like bd? or byron?

Originally Posted by 24 K B 8

Originally Posted by EFIL 4 REKAL

Very pleased to hear Baron Davis did not make the all-star team. He doesn't deserve it, he doesn't attempt to play a lick of defense, and his numbers are inflated in that circus offense system Don Nelson runs. Smart basketball heads aren't buying into that crap. Enjoy your weekend, Baron!
Now somebody makes sense besides me
pimp.gif
It's cats like you guys that make everyone hate Lakers fans on NT.
smh.gif

laugh.gif
at BDiddy not playing defense, the only games you guys watch of Baron are when he plays the Lakers.
Bottom line, Baron is a good great player, but the NBA coaches wanted someone else.

Originally Posted by srvballer

Amare may have the flash and the highlights but I think Camby definitely deserved the spot over him.

Indeed. Stoudamire isn't a complete player. He dunks. Yay!

no all-star baron. its koo... i'd rather have baron not on the all-star roster, so that he takes this personal, and get even more fired up for theremainder of the season. he'll take over any point guard thats in his way.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

and on another note, baron isn't well-liked by opposing coaches since he's been viewed as a cancer until he met nellie, byron scott definitely didn't vote for him....but it's just one vote so it might not have made that big a difference
nerd.gif
if you read the post, the person that said that was a laker fan...and im sure theres ignorance on both sides eh?

yeah i wanna know why karl doesn't like baron. i had no idea about that one. the baron and scott one was that they just didn't get along in NO andthat was the reason why baron got traded. their relationship was just bad and when it went public then there was little anyone could do to resolve thesituation. i found some articles and apparently karl doesn't like BD but i'm not sure why. and i read that together they make up 13% of the votes
ohwell.gif

[h2]So Byron, what are the chances that Baron Davis made it onto your All-Star ballot?[/h2]
From Janny Hu in New Orleans.

I asked Byron Scott that before the game. With a smile, of course. There was a tiny moment of silence before the Hornets coach started laughing, then another before the other reporters in his office joined in

"Umm ... next question?" he said, laughing some more. "No comment."

As in, no chance. Zip. Zero. Zilch. But we already knew that. So the question remains, did Baron get enough votes from other coaches in the Western Conference to come back here for the All-Star Game on Feb. 17?

We'll find out today when the All-Star reserves are announced before the opener of TNT's double-header. It's a tough call. I still think that after Steve Nash and Chris Paul are added on, Brandon Roy squeaks by Baron as the last guard in. But who knows? (Maybe both wildcard spots go to guards. Maybe there'll be a push for Warriors recognition.)

Tell you what, though. It would be incredibly ironic if Baron makes it AND Scott ends up coaching the West. Those two couldn't stand each other by the end of their Hornets run. Still can't. But hey, if Don Nelson and Chris Webber can make up, well ... Oh, never mind.

Remember, Davis feuded openly with Byron Scott when both were in New Orleans, and Davis and Denver's George Karl had zero relationship when Davis played (poorly) for Karl's Team USA in 2002. Remember, conference coaches pick the reserves and Scott and Karl make up 13 percent of the Western electorate.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008...-former-coaches-cost-baron-davis-his-all-sta/

I think the reason camby didn't make the asg is cuz the nuggets already have 2 all-stars, and their current standing doesn't warrant a third.

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

yeah amare has great offense. he's can dunk and he's improved on his mid range and free throws nicely. he still has yet to play defense or justimprove on it. camby gets overlooked because his offense is ok and his defense is best in the league. not sure what more you want when a dude is #1 in reboundsand blocks and is the defense of his team. stats that can't be recorded like forcing a player to change his shoot or something don't get looked uponenough and that's what camby brings.

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

I think thats the bigger travesty here, Camby is once again the rock in the middle that covers up all of the Nuggets defensive flaws, plus he is second inrebounds and dude can score. He certainly deserved it over Amare. Oh, and the Roy v BD debate can go on forever, there just were not enough spots to put everygood guard in the west on the floor, someone had to loose.

Back
Top Bottom