*** 2008 NBA ALL STAR: FULL ROSTERS! (Update on Allen-Butler + RASHEED) ***

Warriors fans still crying
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by michaud07

Breaking news, the San Francisco Bay water level raised an astonishing 2 feet today due to the tears of Golden State Warriors fans. Check back at 10 p.m. for more updates.

No thats because of the rain we had all week.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Many people have forgotten the IN YOUR FACE dunk he threw on AK47... Not even a year ago
He's the main role in "WE BELIEVE" campaign last year.
He's the man who upset Dallas last year.. BS.

Do you realize that your arguement is based off last year. Last time I checked, 2007 is not 2008.

As well, I knew that Baron would get snubbed again this year. Its upsetting to see someone that has played so well not make the all star game. However, there are only 12 guys on the team. And since there were only 4/5 guard spots, it made it that much harder for Baron to get in. Its really a matter of coaches opinions on this. Could it be that Roy got in because coaches didnt think he would be this good this quick? Roy deserves it, no question about it. Baron deserves it as well. I think its just come to the point where you have to call it what it is. Baron got snubbed, end of story. Instead, he gets a nice weekend off, and gives him time to concentrate on another fun and enjoyable playoff run.

I wish Jose got in the game, but I knew that he wouldnt.

One question: Do any of you guys think that this all star game gives you the "up and coming" feel? Paul/Roy/West. Players that can get so much better. Do you guys feel that this all star game is more targeted towards the [charles barkley] YOUNGNESS [/charles barkley]

Yes, 2007. But as far as I can remember, all star ballot began... When? YEAH, 2007, not 2008.
Ballot began in 2007, all of the things that happened in2007, including last season is ignored?
roll.gif

That's why I think Baron deserved it more. That upset series happened during the playoffs 2007, WHICH IS AFTER THE ASG 2007.
Can you go back to January 2007 and give the man to start? NO.
That's why I think he deserves it this year, even if he doesn't start...

^ Dude, just stop arguing. You won't get through to 3/4's of the people on NT. Just sit back and relax, and enjoy the moment.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE. Many kids think they are too smart for the world in here
smh.gif

i'm actually happy with the rosters as they are.

someone was going to get left off, no matter what.

the only questionable inclusion to me is joe johnson. everybody else is deserving.

Ballot began in 2007, all of the things that happened in 2007, including last season is ignored?
roll.gif

That's why I think Baron deserved it more. That upset series happened during the playoffs 2007, WHICH IS AFTER THE ASG 2007.
All-star selection is a regular season award, therefore, the playoffs dont count in determining the All-stars for this year. The playoffs lastyear were part of the 06-07 season. The process of selection begins when this season started, not the playoffs last year.

Pain and simple. Roy and Baron both deserved to be All-Stars but the reason why coaches chose Roy is because Blazers are unexpectedly and surprisingly in theplayoff hunt halfway through the season. About a week+ ago, they were leading their division which was unheard of. They slipped a little bit this week but tobe where they are at right now, NO ONE expected to see this. Warriors are having a good season as well but they are where they are expected to be. I'mpretty sure everyone put Warriors in the playoff mix before the season started. Baron is ballin out of control right now but as a team record wise, Warriorswere expected to be in their current position. Baron most definitely got snubbed but Roy deserved a spot. Can't take that away from him.

Ballot began in 2007, all of the things that happened in 2007, including last season is ignored?
roll.gif

the all star voting should only count for the 07/08 season. playoffs in 06/07 should NOT count. baron's performance against dallas shouldnot count. he should be judged and voted in on his performance in this season, and he should've made it with his stats.

Yes, 2007. But as far as I can remember, all star ballot began... When? YEAH, 2007, not 2008.

I am not even going to bother to argue with you. It would be like arguing with a two year old child; no matter how wrong they are, they will always think theyare right.
I think the guys above me already covered what I meant.

But obviously, you are going to reply to this, showing that you clearly know more and your way of viewing the voting is right.

So here, you win. Dont bother. I already give up. Ive seen your other statements in this thread, and just decide that its not even worth arguing. Its like...arguing with a sibling... knowing your right, but no matter how many times that the sibling says they are right, the more you want to knock his/her head off.

But clearly, your logic is much better.

Plain and Simple, Baron Davis deserves to be on the ALL-STAR TEAM THIS YEAR. Anybody that averages 8ast with Matt Barnes on their team deserves to make theAll-Star Game....(YES I HATE Matt Barnes due to me believing he is the biggest HAM in my opinion).....

In all seriousness though, the Davis vs. Roy debate is really not a contest to me. Baron is a better scorer, better defender, and a better passer. Baron is oneof the few PG's that is the complete package. TRUST ME I KNO ESPECIALLY AFTER LAST NIGHT GAME. The only thing that MIGHT HAVE hurt Baron Davis is thatStephen Jackson is looked upon as the real leader/mvp of that team especially after that 0-7 start since Baron was putting up crazy numbers but they waslosing. The reason why I brought this up is cause a coach might have a conflict of interest when voting for Baron Davis. Cause you can argue that Baron has thebetter numbers yet Stephen Jackson is LARGELY responsible for where the Warriors are at now as well. So do you vote for Baron even though Stephen has just asmuch of an argument to be in also??? That my personal conclusion that I came too in terms of the Baron snub....

As for Brandon Roy, I can understand why he made it. Due to the Blazers's record and exceeding expectations, COACHES felt they must be rewarded with anAll-Star.

I don't kno why some are getting @ Byron Scott right now. Yes he and Byron got beef but some is acting like he was the REASON why Baron didn't getselected. There are 13 other coaches that had a chance to put Davis in the ALL-Star Game.
I kno how MOST feel a certain way towards D.West but dude deserves it just off the fact of being overlooked his whole career while consistenly getting betterEVERY YEAR since his rookie year. I mean 20/9 on the team wit the best record in the west should give you some votes at least.....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by JONFARR

lol at most all of these BD fans. Go cry yourselves a river... Your Boy missed it, Portland's made it. Go pull all the numbers and whatever out of your butts that you want. Story is the NBA COACHES though there were other deserving players over BD, nuff said.

Like i said earlier, numbers don't tell the whole story. Do numbers show clutch shots, game winning moves, leadership, etc... And there is a very very good point being made about defense. nobody ever looks at defense, its all about the avg. points, assists, and rebounds... Thats only half the game fellas.

Naked truth... Roy = All-Star, Baron = A nice couple days off
pimp.gif

roll.gif
. u mean to tell me baron davis doesn't make clutch shots? doesn't show leadership? doesn't make game winning moves? and he doesn't play defense?

of course stats don't tell a whole story. but for a guard it does. u can argue it for a big man, but not necessarily for a guard. for a guy like brandon roy who handles the ball at a pretty high rate, his stats are pretty average. and please, it ain't like he's a world stopper on defense. nor has he tearing it up with clutch play.
Can you show me once there where I said Baron didn't do any of that? i said to the people that try to use stats as a basis for an argument thatthere is plenty the stats don't show. I never said one guy did more than the other. I never said baron didn't play D or didnt make clutch shots... Whocars if your hometown team guy didnt make the ASG! The ASG means nothing, let the season do the talking. We are arguing about some of the NBA's best talenthere. We are not trying to say the other player is terrible. I would take Roy and Baron over a ton of other players... Roy just happens to play for myhometown... that is all.

Somebody had to get snubbed, it aint that big of a deal.

Baron probably could use a couple days off anyway

Originally Posted by indohan

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Many people have forgotten the IN YOUR FACE dunk he threw on AK47... Not even a year ago
He's the main role in "WE BELIEVE" campaign last year.
He's the man who upset Dallas last year.. BS.

Do you realize that your arguement is based off last year. Last time I checked, 2007 is not 2008.

As well, I knew that Baron would get snubbed again this year. Its upsetting to see someone that has played so well not make the all star game. However, there are only 12 guys on the team. And since there were only 4/5 guard spots, it made it that much harder for Baron to get in. Its really a matter of coaches opinions on this. Could it be that Roy got in because coaches didnt think he would be this good this quick? Roy deserves it, no question about it. Baron deserves it as well. I think its just come to the point where you have to call it what it is. Baron got snubbed, end of story. Instead, he gets a nice weekend off, and gives him time to concentrate on another fun and enjoyable playoff run.

I wish Jose got in the game, but I knew that he wouldnt.

One question: Do any of you guys think that this all star game gives you the "up and coming" feel? Paul/Roy/West. Players that can get so much better. Do you guys feel that this all star game is more targeted towards the [charles barkley] YOUNGNESS [/charles barkley]

roll.gif

^ Dude, just stop arguing. You won't get through to 3/4's of the people on NT. Just sit back and relax, and enjoy the moment.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE. Many kids think they are too smart for the world in here
smh.gif

You are WRONG about including the playoffs. It is calculated from performance when the 07/08 season started. BUT, Baron deserved it WITHOUT the playoffperformance against Dallas & Utah. He deserved it based on this half season alone. Individual stats are BETTER, Team RECORD is BETTER than Portland. YouDON'T give him the spot because of TEAM PITY. This is a individual selection, NOT team, you are selecting ONE player, not the WHOLE team, so don't givethem the pity based on EXPECTATIONS.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

lol at most all of these BD fans. Go cry yourselves a river... Your Boy missed it, Portland's made it. Go pull all the numbers and whatever out of your butts that you want. Story is the NBA COACHES though there were other deserving players over BD, nuff said.

Like i said earlier, numbers don't tell the whole story. Do numbers show clutch shots, game winning moves, leadership, etc... And there is a very very good point being made about defense. nobody ever looks at defense, its all about the avg. points, assists, and rebounds... Thats only half the game fellas.

Naked truth... Roy = All-Star, Baron = A nice couple days off
pimp.gif

roll.gif
. u mean to tell me baron davis doesn't make clutch shots? doesn't show leadership? doesn't make game winning moves? and he doesn't play defense?

of course stats don't tell a whole story. but for a guard it does. u can argue it for a big man, but not necessarily for a guard. for a guy like brandon roy who handles the ball at a pretty high rate, his stats are pretty average. and please, it ain't like he's a world stopper on defense. nor has he tearing it up with clutch play.
Can you show me once there where I said Baron didn't do any of that? i said to the people that try to use stats as a basis for an argument that there is plenty the stats don't show. I never said one guy did more than the other. I never said baron didn't play D or didnt make clutch shots... Who cars if your hometown team guy didnt make the ASG! The ASG means nothing, let the season do the talking. We are arguing about some of the NBA's best talent here. We are not trying to say the other player is terrible. I would take Roy and Baron over a ton of other players... Roy just happens to play for my hometown... that is all.

Fair enough. Both are great players and deserved to make the ASG, just so happens that BDiddy gets snubbed.

Originally Posted by 24 K B 8

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by daprescription

The Blazers winning streak says it all.....so Roy > Davis for the AS team

look at who they played. the blazers recently going 4-6 says it all. so many dumb statements in this thread.
They don't base the selections because of the last 10 games SMH....

laugh.gif
10 games is 25% of the season thus far... you are a fool
roll.gif
roll.gif
. They started 5-12 thats another 17, thats almost half of the season. you are right,
laugh.gif
Yeah...so 40 games would be 100 % of the season
roll.gif
based on your wise guy calculation silly...

Go back to school.....Baron Davis can still sit and watch the great Kobe in action with his 70" LCD
laugh.gif

idiot...
right back at ya

read what you respond to before u tell someone to go back to school based on their silly calculations....
U don't know me fool....

I dont wanna know you **+$

People are trying to use LAST YEAR'S playoffs as an argument?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

laugh.gif

It's the All Star Game for THIS Season, not the past 1 and 1/2 Calendar years.

Along with most Warrior fans, I also thought Baron deserved to get in. Am I pissed that Roy got in instead? No, not in the least. The Blazers are having agreat year and Roy is a major part of that. However, stat wise and record wise, Baron definitely shoulda made it.

Baron Davis: 22.3 ppg, 8.1 apg, 4.8 rpg, 2.5 steals, 0.6 blocks

Brandon Roy: 19.3 ppg, 5.6 apg, 4.5 rpg, 0.9 steals, 0.2 blocks

But whatever. Gotta move on. Hopefully this just pissed off Baron so he'll be out to prove everyone wrong. =)

People are trying to use LAST YEAR'S playoffs as an argument?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

It's the All Star Game for THIS Season, not the past 1 and 1/2 Calendar years.

Exactly my damn point.
smh.gif
It just goes to show that some people on NT have the IQ smaller than a beaver.

Back
Top Bottom