2009 ACC Football thread vol. Watch what you say

Originally Posted by dreClark

GET 'CHO ###%@ %%+ ON THE GROUND CJ!!!!!

laugh.gif
smh.gif
ohwell.gif

I saw NC State spring game the other day. Russel Wilson is scary good. Glennon better hope Wilson still plans on leavin early.

Dude left at half time to go play a baseball game.

BC's Shinskie suffers broken rib

August 24, 2009 4:11 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich

It can't get much worse for BC's muddled mess of a quarterback situation. Just when it seemed like 25-year-old David Shinskie was edging his way into the top spot, he broke his rib in Sunday's scrimmage.

The best news for the BC quarterbacks is that they're off today.

Tomorrow is the Eagles' last two-a-day session and Shinksie is doubtful for it. When he returns is questionable, but with that kind of injury a lot of it has to do with how much pain he can tolerate. And no, it's not Frank Spaziani's fault that Shinskie got hurt, even though some coaches don't allow their quarterbacks to be hit in the preseason. (I'm told Shinskie got absolutely drilled by defensive tackle Damik Scafe, which does bode well for the new interior line, if you're looking for a silver lining here.) Shinskie wanted to get hit. He hasn't been hit since he was in high school.

So who's the new No. 1? Who knows? Who's No. 2? No. 3? Not even Spaz is ready to make that call.

All four quarterbacks played in Sunday's scrimmage, and redshirt freshman Justin Tuggle went 8-for-16 for 84 yards. Junior Codi Boek completed 6-for-12 for 74 yards while freshmen Michael Marscovetra and Shinskie both had three completions.

The bottom line is this: BC has gone through three of four scrimmages, and there's no clear depth chart. At this point, it's time to look to the quarterback who will make the fewest mistakes, and odds are that's the approach Spaziani takes.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I saw NC State spring game the other day. Russel Wilson is scary good. Glennon better hope Wilson still plans on leavin early.

Dude left at half time to go play a baseball game.
I was watching that show the other day. I think it was called "Football Saturday's in the South" or something like that. The pieceon Jonathan Dwyer was pretty cool.

College football Saturday comes on Every Saturday i forgot to DVR it this week. Kinda mad at myself.
this shoulda been the 3rd week, I saw 1 & 2...
Did u see it? was it any good?

Dwyer & his lil Brother
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

i wanna see how zach brown does this year. that defense need to produce more turn overs

more turnovers
roll.gif
did you see how many INT's they got last year, it waslike night and day from the previous 5 years

Russell Wilson's two legs literally got NC State out of so much bad offense last year was incredible. He is extremely accurate but his mobility just getsthem out of bad situations.

Shaking my head that Bunting didnt think he was a QB.....

of course in the long run, I think he opts for baseball because he doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell at playing QB in the NFL

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Canes new rap song?[/h3]
Are you ready for the start of this season or what? If not, maybe this will get you ready. Check out Orange on One Side, Green on the Other Side (Warning, there are explicit lyrics), a song produced by a cast of mysterious unknowns. Not sure if any players were involved, but I know Jacory Harris has been rapping since he was in high school. Here's to hoping nobody gets suspended. No question, however, this will get the Seminoles fired up. Got to give credit to Early Edition Is dead for posting it first.

Among my favorite lines...

> If it's close FSU is going to blow it up with a wide right...

> You Seminoles can't bear it when the ball is in the hands of Jacory Harris...

> Damn, it looks like they ran into a fence, but all they really did was meet Sean Spence...

> Orange on One Side, Green on Another, McCarthy hit you so hard you're going to cry to your mother...

> No more [Robert] Marve (expletive) is going to be great, Jacory finally getting four quarters of play...

>

August 24, 2009 in University of Miami Football | Permalink

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2009/08/canes-new-rap-song.html
roll.gif
roll.gif

Bump

My prediction for Miami:

Sep. 7 at Florida State L
Sep. 17 Georgia Tech L
Sep. 26 at Virginia Tech W
Oct. 3 Oklahoma L
Oct. 10 Florida A&M W
Oct. 17 at UCF W
Oct. 24 Clemson W
Oct. 31 at Wake Forest W
Nov. 7 Virginia W
Nov. 14 at North Carolina W
Nov. 21 Duke W
Nov. 28 at South Florida W

9-3 Regular season. Prob won't make ACC champ because I don't see us beating GT and I doubt they'll lose more than one ACC coastal game thusthey'll have the tiebreaker.

You really think that young team can bounce back that well after going 1-3 in the first four games?

And I heard that Whipple, partially due to the QB situation, is looking at doing more of a short passing game (Slants, screens, etc) instead of a lot of deepstuff.

Have you heard this too Kyrk?

Thing is....all them teams suck down the stretch.
laugh.gif

UNC is only major threat but we were a dropped/overthrown pass away from beating them last year.

My main concern is I still think we're too soft right now. A 1-3 start might be what this team needs to toughen up. We've got talent, even thoughit's mostly unproven. We're just not physically or mentally tough enough yet. That's why I have FSu as an L. Cuz we're good enough to beaty'all, i just dont know if we're tough enough yet. After those 1st 4 games how can we not be tougher?

As far s the O......we didn't really have depth behind Jacory anyway before Cook and Smith left. So I don't think it'll change much. Jacory saidthey're not changing anything because of the loss other day. Def won't be doing a lot of QB draws like last year w/ Nix though. :smh

iight ACC heads lets see sum schedule predictions

FSU- Toss up it all depends on if we can stop christian ponder from running, if we do we win plain and simple. Thats a big if tho
nerd.gif

GT- L They wont drop half a grand rushing on us again, but they will get the Win
VT- W this game should be easy, there is nothing on that team team that should scare anyone until proven otherwise
OU- L we aint in their league yet...
FL A&M- W
UCF- W
Clemson- W green QB against our DLine = Curtains
Wake forest- W
Virginia-W
North Carolina- Tossup This will determin if Butch really owns RS
Duke-W
South florida- L we will lose a game we shouldnt...it always happens

im thinking anywhere between 7-5 and 9-3...there really aint a sure L on the schedule besides OU and maybe GT

This is the year for shannon to prove he is worth a damn..if not give him is walking papers

Sep. 17 Georgia Tech L
Sep. 26 at Virginia Tech L
Oct. 3 Oklahoma L
Oct. 10 Florida A&M W
Oct. 17 at UCF W
Oct. 24 Clemson L
Oct. 31 at Wake Forest W
Nov. 7 Virginia W
Nov. 14 at North Carolina L
Nov. 21 Duke W
Nov. 28 at South Florida L

I got 5 Wins, 8 Losses
and a big Adios to Randy Shannon

Sep. 17 Georgia Tech L
Oct. 3 Oklahoma L
Oct. 10 Florida A&M W
Oct. 17 at UCF W
Oct. 24 Clemson L
Oct. 31 at Wake Forest W
Nov. 7 Virginia W
Nov. 21 Duke W
Nov. 28 at South Florida L

I got 5 Wins, 8 Losses
and a big Adios to Randy Shannon

that wake game is a lose also, but that looks just about right

at this point i dont know if i wouldnt rather that happen and see him get fired
laugh.gif

Im just sick of the way he runs things

im willing to give im this year tho...we need to win atleast eight
that wake game is a lose also, but that looks just about right
sick.gif
laugh.gif

We beat them with shannon last year...shouldnt be a prob this year either

yo I saw that game last yr, it was like Jim Grobe was tryin to teach the oline and RBs a lesson, I think they threw the ball like 8 times I was in tearswatchin it.

Originally Posted by Hodog16

2 more days until we beat dem cocks
pimp.gif
If you were a GT fan, it'd be pretty likely that you just did. Multiple times today.

Anyway...I hope we have a winning record this year, 6-6 is most likely though. Week 2, first ACC game against GT on a Thursday night IN ATL? We got screwed with that one. Basically have 2 days to prepare for it, which sucks...though I'm sure they've beengetting ready for Johnson's O (pause). I doubt we'll win it but if we do, it'd be key for the wholeseason.

Originally Posted by lowslows

Moncur out for FSU game
frown.gif
That's tough.

So who starts then? MRob and ????

Vernon? Dye?

Y'all might as well just go ahead and move Ray Ray to DE now b/c that's where he's gonna end up eventually.
laugh.gif

Mrob and vernon prob.

Im not worried with them against the pass...they just might get ran over in the running game though.

Whats up with a walk on starting at DE for yall?

Originally Posted by lowslows

Whats up with a walk on starting at DE for yall?
Nothing really.

Doubt dude plays more than 5 plays all game.

Coaches look like they are trying to light a fire under K. McNeil's @%%.

Sep. 17 Georgia Tech L
Oct. 3 Oklahoma L
Oct. 10 Florida A&M W
Oct. 17 at UCF W
Oct. 24 Clemson L
Oct. 31 at Wake Forest W
Nov. 7 Virginia W
Nov. 21 Duke W