2009 ACC Football thread vol. Watch what you say

Vernon won't start but he'll play a lot. Randy said no true freshmen will be starting yesterday.

I'm expecting MRob and Andrew Smith to start. Wesley and Vernon will get a lot of reps. We'll prob be stacking the box a lot of the night because ourtwo best DE's against the run were Ojomo and Moncur. Not to mention.....none of FSU's WR's are really that scary.

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Sep. 7 at Florida State L
Sep. 17 Georgia Tech L
Sep. 26 at Virginia Tech L
Oct. 3 Oklahoma L
Oct. 10 Florida A&M W
Oct. 17 at UCF W
Oct. 24 Clemson L
Oct. 31 at Wake Forest W
Nov. 7 Virginia W
Nov. 14 at North Carolina L
Nov. 21 Duke W
Nov. 28 at South Florida L

I got 5 Wins, 8 Losses
and a big Adios to Randy Shannon

i swear you're the biggest UM hater....

nerd.gif

Sep. 17 Georgia Tech L
Oct. 3 Oklahoma L
Oct. 10 Florida A&M W
Oct. 17 at UCF W
Oct. 24 Clemson L
Oct. 31 at Wake Forest W
Nov. 7 Virginia W
Nov. 21 Duke W

I got 5 Wins, 8 Losses

smh.gif
laugh.gif
@ starting 0-4 ......

All four of those teams are better than you guy. SO unless you pull an upset, 0-4 is reality.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Sep. 17 Georgia Tech L
Oct. 3 Oklahoma L
Oct. 10 Florida A&M W
Oct. 17 at UCF W
Oct. 24 Clemson L
Oct. 31 at Wake Forest W
Nov. 7 Virginia W
Nov. 21 Duke W

I got 5 Wins, 8 Losses

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
nah it aint you.....this goes back to him not getting that offer....the hate runs deep in gunna's blood
laugh.gif

People are sleeping on Miami. I think they go 3-1 through the first 4 and end up winning the Coastal.

Watching these two teams playing right now, I'm changing my prediction for Clemson from 6-6 to 8-4.

SMH at the ACC this weekend.

From an ESPN article:
ACC
A Step Back. The ACC isn't ready to move up the ranks in the BCS ladder of success. Not only did the ACC lose to every major BCS conference opponent itplayed, it also lost to the little guys. You can't be taken seriously when the first weekend includes losses to Richmond and William & Mary. When yourbest wins come against Northeastern, The Citadel, Middle Tennessee and Jacksonville State, there's no reason to even start an argument about conferencesupremacy, because right now, the ACC is making the Big East look like a world-beater.

smh.gif

I know the ACC sucks this year, just wanted to get an idea of what everyone thinks of your team after game 1...FSU/Miami fans can weigh in tomorrow night.

Clemson played MTSU, won 37-14. We got a KO return for a TD from Spiller (96 yds) and a long PR for a TD by Ford. Offense struggled in the red zone (we kicked5 FGs, made 3) which is nothing new, it took a little while for the OL to get their act together. Spiller was out for more than half the game, shouldn't beanything major. We had A LOT of drops by WRs (I think 5). Jacoby Ford caught a couple nice passes and took one to the house...but dropped 3 easy 1st downs. OurWRs and OL are gonna be the biggest question marks. Jamie Harper can run, dude is legit and played a lot in Spiller's place. You could tell that the OC waskeeping things simple and that the goal was just to win this game and get ready for GT. That's gonna be tough in a few days in ATL.

Our D should be pretty nasty. Brandon Maye is a beast at LB and Deandre McDaniel LOVES to light people up. Those two are fun to watch, they were #1&2 intackles and were all over the place. DL got a lot of pressure, I noticed a lot of holding that wasn't called. CBs are both real solid, one of our backupsgot burned on MTSU only offensive TD. Their other TD was Willy Korn's first pass attempt, ball slipped out of his hand and was picked up and run for a60-something yard TD. He also threw an INT in his only pass. Pretty miserable.

It's always tough to use one game as a barometer, especially when it's MTSU, though I don't think they're a terrible team, probably would beUVA & Duke. The fact that it's only one game can be said for everyone else as well and anyone can turn things around...but after getting to watch agood amount of the games in the opening week, I'm a little more confident than I was before the season. We've still got work to do but I thinkwe'll be able to improve because we don't have Tommy Bowden or Rob Spence.

I'm looking forward to the Labor Day FSU-Miami game, hopefully it'll be some good football.

ACC is garbage....miami and fsu will put on a show...to save the weekend for these scrubs.....UCONN over UNC next week too

ACC is garbage....miami and fsu will put on a show...to save the weekend for these scrubs.....UCONN over UNC next week too
Not a chance. Our D looked very very good this past weekend.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Not a chance. Our D looked very very good this past weekend.

against a D 1AA school....its gonna be a close game b/t yall.....

Coastal Division in the top 25:

13- GT
15- VT
19- UNC
21- Miami

No teams ranked from the Atlantic... This coastal division will be a dog fight again this year, which probably won't be decided until late into the season.

13- GT
15- VT
19- UNC
21- Miami

No teams ranked from the Atlantic... This coastal division will be a dog fight again this year, which probably won't be decided until late into the season.
I didnt even notice that

As much hate as the ACC gets those teams along with FSU could run with and or beat any team in the country

Damn thats piff though
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by lowslows

13- GT
15- VT
19- UNC
21- Miami

I didnt even notice that

As much hate as the ACC gets those teams along with FSU could run with and or beat any team in the country

Damn thats piff though
smokin.gif
Stop lying.

13- GT
15- VT
19- UNC
21- Miami

I didnt even notice that

laugh.gif
You don't really believe that, do you?

WOW one entertaining game with zero defense in the ACC and now they can beat or run with any team in thecountry.

WOW one entertaining game with zero defense in the ACC and now they can beat or run with any team in the country.

Dude got that good green I see. Mountain West & Big East>ACC

Back
Top Bottom