********2010 NFL DRAFT TALK********

Originally Posted by RoOk

In some way i agree but also disagree. Yes a you can run away but guys like Ware or Jules Peppers (at times) their just as dominating as guys like Albert Haynesworth
Teams used to run right at Julius Peppers.

Teams run away from D. Ware all the time.

Albert Haynesworth made Kyle Vandenbosch and Cortland Finnegan pro bowlers. And there was NO running away from him.

I hope Long breaks out this season ala Mario just so Gunna can sound a little happier when he talks about the Rams.

laugh.gif
Pro

LilStar, Flaljole is the DC but its basically Coach Spags defense and yr before that it was Jim haslett

But Gunna you cant point out busts at one postion and to try to not take a certain player at that positon. Theres busts at every position, for every manningtheres a leaf. Every Calvin Johnson theres a charles Johnson. If the lions said wait, charles johnson was a huge bust lets not take calvin johnson would nothave made sense.

Im not calling out busts, Im callin out the once in a lifetime Hype that espn always tries to create.

Suh could be a Beast in the NFL,

the last once in a lifetime hype player ESPN shoved down our throat *pause* was Reggie Bush.

I am speaking as a fan of the St Louis rams who has watched them spend a Boatload of money on defensive Lineman who havent panned out. I dont wanna see Suh getdrafted by the Rams especially when we cant score on offense

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Im not calling out busts, Im callin out the once in a lifetime Hype that espn always tries to create.

Suh could be a Beast in the NFL,

the last once in a lifetime hype player ESPN shoved down our throat *pause* was Reggie Bush.

I am speaking as a fan of the St Louis rams who has watched them spend a Boatload of money on defensive Lineman who havent panned out. I dont wanna see Suh get drafted by the Rams especially when we cant score on offense
Everything I hear with the rams is its either Suh or a QB. You like Claussen or Bradford?

what do any of them have to do with suh?

if it was the same coaches, same people calling the shots still in place..I could see it then.

you said the lions are still stuck losing with the CJ pick, they too drafted a playmaker that can score from further than 10 yards out

so why's dez turning around the rams?

^ EXACTLY Allen...

Gunna, do you personally believe Suh is over hyped? I gotta believe you watched him play more than a couple times. Just curious...

I personally believe he deserves every ounce of hype he is getting. Now, Joe Haden on the other hand...
laugh.gif
wink.gif

those guys (Carriker & Long) are still on the Books, still getting paid top 10 pick money. thats what it has to do with them.

we also have a top 3 RB in the NFL to compliment a sick WR.

Yankeephan
I dont want none them QBs at the top of the draft.
laugh.gif

those guys (Carriker & Long) are still on the Books, still getting paid top 10 pick money. thats what it has to do with them.
i get that, im talkin about Robertson, big daddy, dorsey, etc.

he can be albert haynesworth impact like as much big daddy impact like

the whole draft process is an inexact science.

U missed the point of me postin those guys names. those guys were "the next great DT" and very hyped. that was merely addressing the "once every20 yr talent" line

Rams
185 yards passing per game. that is some Bull %#@@
laugh.gif

12 TD receptions on the yr

name a WR on the Rams besides Donnie Avery without Looking it up ...

U missed the point of me postin those guys names. those guys were "the next great DT" and very hyped. that was merely addressing the "once every 20 yr talent" line
ya, but what if it's not about the rams buyin into the hype, rather they just think he's flat out the best player?

if that's how the feel, IMO you go with it.

DT arguably the most important part of the team? what league U been watching? U cant score, u cant win.

Suh aint comin in and turnin that shipwreck defense into some defensive machine.

If they pick Suh you will see, the Rams will be the same ole not able to score team who still cant stop no one. U pick Dez or someone who can score from further than 10 yards out at least you add productivity to the squad.

playing with a lead helps defenses TREMENDOUSLY.

U really gonna sink 3 top 10 pick salaries into the defensive line where you have gotten ZERO production.

that is the epitome of stupidity.

The league where the giants won the superbowl with pressure up the middle and the league where the buccaners won the superbowl with Brad Johnson and the sameleague where the Ravens won it with Dilfer. That league. I'm not saying QB's arent important but what QB are you taking with the number 1 pick thisyear?

I just do not see Suh manhandling people in the NFL like he did in college. He is not really a pass rushing DT in the NFL because I do not see the explosion.He is nothing like Warren Sapp. I want to see what he does in the offseason
nerd.gif

I couldn't bring myself to take another DL when my team was so bad offensivly.

Even with the amount of hype and praise he gets. It's happened to them twice. Suh has nothing to do with the others, but how they did with there last 2 DLand how awful there offense was. I'd go in a different direction.

I knew Suh was good and would be in the draft and all that, but didn't it seem kinda quick that after the Big 12 champ game, he all of a sudden was aheisman finalist? He wasn't in the running the whole year was he?

And Dorsey was EVERY bit the player with the hype that Suh was. I was wondering if Parcells was gonna go with him that year, but he went with Jake instead. There were plenty of people hyping that kid so whoever said Dorsey wasn't a once in 20 years type player is bein silly.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I knew Suh was good and would be in the draft and all that, but didn't it seem kinda quick that after the Big 12 champ game, he all of a sudden was a heisman finalist? He wasn't in the running the whole year was he?

And Dorsey was EVERY bit the player with the hype that Suh was. I was wondering if Parcells was gonna go with him that year, but he went with Jake instead. There were plenty of people hyping that kid so whoever said Dorsey wasn't a once in 20 years type player is bein silly.
Suh is more physically talented from what I have seen than Dorsey though. Dorsey had poor workouts.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I knew Suh was good and would be in the draft and all that, but didn't it seem kinda quick that after the Big 12 champ game, he all of a sudden was a heisman finalist? He wasn't in the running the whole year was he?

Dorsey was considered the top DT no question but he was not considered once in a generation defensive player like Suh is. On top of that Dorsey is beingmisused hes not a 5 technique in a 3-4 hes a 3 technique in a 4-3 which is what he was drafted for a year before they switched to the 3-4.

Why is Suh a once in a generation type player though? How is he not basically just the same as Dorsey? I'm not saying that Dorsey was the same oranything, just what makes Suh so much better then him?

Was Sapp even considered once in a generation type? Vince Wilfork?

No Sapp wasnt.

Suh is getting this hype because ESPN says so. He was able to place in the Heisman race simply because the players who were supposed to stand out didnt. Suh isa great college player, but hs is not a cant miss prospect.

Before this season, he wasnt considered the best DT in his own conference, that would be McCoy.

a once in a lifetime prospect who only dominated one yr?

really,
once in a lifetime
ehh okay.
*shaq face*

How is he not basically just the same as Dorsey? What makes Suh so much better then him?
Glenn Dorsey's college career:

[table][tr][td]Year[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]UT[/td] [td]AT[/td] [td]TT[/td] [td]TFL[/td] [td]Sacks[/td] [td]INT[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]64[/td] [td]8.5[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]43[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]69[/td] [td]12.5[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Totals[/td] [td]52[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]87[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]179[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]0
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Ndamukong Suh's college career:

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Team[/th] [th=""]GP[/th] [th=""]Tackles[/th] [th=""]TFL[/th] [th=""]Sacks[/th] [th=""]FF[/th] [th=""]FR[/th] [th=""]BK[/th] [th=""]PBU[/th] [th=""]Ints[/th] [th=""]QB Hry.[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006[/td] [td]Nebraska Cornhuskers[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]3½[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007[/td] [td]Nebraska Cornhuskers[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008[/td] [td]Nebraska Cornhuskers[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]76[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]7½[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2009[/td] [td]Nebraska Cornhuskers[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]85[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]28[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Totals[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]54[/td] [td]214[/td] [td]56[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]39
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Those are just the numbers (sorry I couldn't find all of Dorsey's but you get the point) Suh had TWICE thenumber of career TFLs, TWICE the number of sacks, 4 INTS from the DT position to NONE...did you even watch this man child play other than the Big 12 game?
nerd.gif

Comparing Dorsey's college career to Suh's is honestly a major slight to Suh. And his hype is not "just because ESPN says so."

The main reason Dorsey isn't living up to his own hype in the L is because he's playing out of position. He should be playing DT in a 4-3, not DE in a3-4. And he's only 6'1". Where Suh on the other hand is 6'4" and is thought to be flexible enough to play either position, although Ithink he would be optimized in the 4-3 as well.

And who said Suh is "once in a lifetime"
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom