********2010 NFL DRAFT TALK********

2219037.jpeg

monster
pimp.gif
hoping the fins get him

Find a pic or video of EB taking that terrible an angle to a ball/receiver...

First to come to mind was Ben Tate
ohwell.gif

and there was another occurrence between the 2 the same game where Tate used a stiff arm and a nice hip move to break a tackle but it could just be 2 isolatedplays

Forget any one play, in 3 yrs Eric Berry has been as sure a tackler theres been in college.

Earl Thomas has never been accused of being a sure tackler

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

im not saying i agree with dude, but how does one picture prove who is better?
It was more a joke than anything and people kinda ran with it...
laugh.gif

But ET doesn't always take great angles and he's not exactly a guy that's gonna lay the wood on anybody...

Berry is better, he has shown that he can do it all where as Thomas has just shown to excel at primarily being a ballhawk in coverage. EB can be an EdReed-centerfielder type safety but he can also be an Adrian Wilson/Bob Sanders-in the box type of safety too. Earl hasn't shown that versatility, hiscalling will be in coverage. Nothing wrong with that, I would gladly take either on my team.

Is it safe to say that Eb is the best S prospect ever?

I mean I loved ST as a prospect, but EB can play either FS or SS imo, and slide to nickle corner if necessary.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Is it safe to say that Eb is the best S prospect ever?

I mean I loved ST as a prospect, but EB can play either FS or SS imo, and slide to nickle corner if necessary.

ST and Ed Reed are both better as prospects.
People forget that Ed Reed basically ran the miami program his senior year, his leadership was possibly his best asset. I dont think i have seen that kind ofleadership from a college kid on defense since. Im too lazy to post the halftime speech, if someone could find that, much obliged.

^ I disagree. EB14 is every bit the prospect as those 2, he just didn't have near the same talent surrounding him.� Plus he's only a true Jr.

And Ed Reed "ran miami's program his Sr year?" That was one of the most talented squads in college football history.� Get the hell outta herewith that BS.
laugh.gif

Anyways, here's your video:

This boy EB basically played LB this year yet Thomas is the better tackler.

I've seen it all.

And dude is a UT guy, so I see why he really believes that %$*%
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by The Wizard

And to C5A5D5A5, the Giants do not need to draft a CB early. LB & DT are the more pressing needs.

I never said they will draft a cb early. Getting a #1 is a just glaring need. Webster is not an adequate #1. Aaron ross is not suited to play cb in the nfl. Ilike what i've seen from terrelle thomas so far.

Most of the Giants problems came from the fact that Bruce Johnson, Kevin Dockery, CC Brown & Aaron Rouse had to get major burn in the secondary because of the injuries & because Sheridan wasn't aggressive enough on the D as Spugs was. He assumed that just bringing the front 4 would be enough to always get pressure on the QB. Sometimes a blitz helps.

Getting those guys healthy, along with a much more aggressive DC will be the keys.

No. The biggest weakspot was the front 4. This was not the same pass rushing front 4 of the last 2 years. The pressure just wasn't there regardless of thesecondary's play.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Patrick Chung is a better tackler than Eric Berry.
pimp.gif
*waits for accidality (sp) to post the infamous pic*

Which one?
nerd.gif

Acid copies all kinds of Chesters pics to post em over and over.
laugh.gif

*I know it's the stiff arm one , Acid will get the joke.

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Patrick Chung is a better tackler than Eric Berry.
pimp.gif

As much as I HATE to agree, but you might be right.............

But your boy Chung has nothing on this guy.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

612613.jpg

But all jokes aside, there is no comparison between Berry or Thomas.

Berry is the all around better player. If you were a GM, who would you take between Berry and Thomas
with a top 5 pick.

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

Originally Posted by The Wizard

And to C5A5D5A5, the Giants do not need to draft a CB early. LB & DT are the more pressing needs.

I never said they will draft a cb early. Getting a #1 is a just glaring need. Webster is not an adequate #1. Aaron ross is not suited to play cb in the nfl. I like what i've seen from terrelle thomas so far.

Most of the Giants problems came from the fact that Bruce Johnson, Kevin Dockery, CC Brown & Aaron Rouse had to get major burn in the secondary because of the injuries & because Sheridan wasn't aggressive enough on the D as Spugs was. He assumed that just bringing the front 4 would be enough to always get pressure on the QB. Sometimes a blitz helps.

Getting those guys healthy, along with a much more aggressive DC will be the keys.

No. The biggest weakspot was the front 4. This was not the same pass rushing front 4 of the last 2 years. The pressure just wasn't there regardless of the secondary's play.

Okay, and what do you do if you can't get pressure with your front four?? You mix it up. You do something else. Sheridan did nothing. The differencebetween this year and previous years, is when the DL struggled to get pressure, which happened every year, Spags would mix it up and give the O a new look.Sheridan didn't do that. He played a base D and was burned. How many teams can get constantly get pressure with just their front four just rushing? Whenthe Giants were killing teams, they had Osi and Strahan at the ends and Tuck at T. Kiwanuka isn't Strahan, you don't replace HOF'ers like that, sowe have to adjust.

Getting a #1 is not a glaring need. What defines a #1 corner? How many of those are there out there? You aren't going to have great players at everyposition.

Aaron Ross isn't capable of playing CB in the NFL?? what are you talking about?? Where was this talk when he was healthy?

The Giants need some LB's ASAP. Tired of seeing Danny Clark, Chase Blackburn & Bryan Kehl on the field.

Let the team get healthy and just add more depth.

Our biggest weakness is our linebackers. That unit at the end of the season was not a good look. I'm confident Kenny Phillips, Ross and Webster comebackhealthy. Plus we have Terrelle Thomas as our nickel or possibly a starter next year. Add some depth to that in the 2-3 rounds and were okay there. Like I said,I'm all for getting rid of Osi. Dude seems like a bad influence in the locker room and letting his past success get to his head. If we can get a 1st or 2ndround pick, draft another DE.

Jevan...don't do it, reconsider, read some literature...

There ain't no way in hell he got a good grade from the advisory committee...

^ Why not take a chance at the $ though? He's right behind Bradford and Clausen. This isn't a particularly strong QB class and a good amount of teamsare in need of a franchise quarterback (STL, Washington, Seattle, CLE, Oakland, Buffalo, Jacksonville, and Minny/Indy eventually). Only real competition isTebow, Colt McCoy, and Pike.

As expected Tim Tebow is being killed by scouts for his poor mechanics. Taking snaps under center can be cured as seen with VY and Kolb thanks to Jerry Rhome.The real concerns are a slow release (like Byron Leftwich) and holding the football too low (FF/strips by outside pass rushers). Tebow's accuracy and armstrength also aren't what you might expect out of a top QB, especially compared to a Matty Stafford or Joe Flacco in recent years.

I see Colt as a Jeff Garcia-type in the NFL, definitely suited for a west coast offense. I think Pike can be a poor man's Flacco in the league. Kindaskeptical about how much success he'll have.

Just noticed that Seattle should do damage with 2 first-rounders. I think Mora is a legit HC despite this disappointing year.

The Giants need some LB's ASAP. Tired of seeing Danny Clark, Chase Blackburn & Bryan Kehl on the field.
Might not be able to get a Spikes or McClain, but Norwood, Weatherspoon, and Daryl Washington are all potentially good fits in New York.

Originally Posted by USA Pride4Life

OK let me see if I can find a pic of EB missing a tackle, too.

F616873.jpg

Let me see if I can get a pic of Rice dropping a ball, while Im at it.
Dexter broke EB down abt 5-6 times somethin serious that game...... anyway, EB is 10 times better then Thomas, Qb's had to know where EB wason the field a all times this year since he played all over and threw away from him, I dont see Earl Thomas making an impact by NOT makin plays, EB can notplays but still provide a huge impact by Qb's avoiding him.

Did i miss Mallett saying he was coming back

cause he and Jimmy are the top 2 QB prospects but nobody has said a word about Ryan

Back
Top Bottom