********2010 NFL DRAFT TALK********

Originally Posted by ATLfootballer

Originally Posted by USA Pride4Life

OK let me see if I can find a pic of EB missing a tackle, too.

F616873.jpg

Let me see if I can get a pic of Rice dropping a ball, while Im at it.
Dexter broke EB down abt 5-6 times somethin serious that game...... anyway, EB is 10 times better then Thomas, Qb's had to know where EB was on the field a all times this year since he played all over and threw away from him, I dont see Earl Thomas making an impact by NOT makin plays, EB can not plays but still provide a huge impact by Qb's avoiding him.

what you think about Jevan dipping for the L? who was that frosh that played in the Cotton Bowl, he was kinda trash from what it looked like

Jason Worilds is entering the draft.

Bad decision on his part imo, unless of course there isn't an NFL season in 2011. He didn't say what round they projected in, but he sounded like heknew he wasn't going first day and wanted to go anyways. Who knows his situation though, hope he's doing what's best for him.

Ndamukong Suh, 23, 6-4" - 305 lbs.
I ain't no scout or fantasy footballer, the draft is all about fiiling the gaps where the team is lacking or needs.
I just hope that Suh gets drafted by the right organization, and plays with the right system
This years draft is about rebuilding, All first 10 teams are going through "rebuilding process" . Among last years top 10 teams, 3 made the playoffs(Jets, Bengals, Packers)
Does the Rams or HC Spagz will draft another D-lineman, Suh is also from 'braska same as Carricker. I think if they draft Suh it means only one thing theyare playing it safe.
But there is another option, I know its crazy and I aint no expert, but they could try to trade thier no.1 pick and get 2 or 3 more picks with it.
Where does Tebow stand?
Again, to my beloved Ravens pls. get a WR, Jew needs a TARGET a big one!!
My hometown Bears, all I can give is a payer.

Dear God,

first of all i would like to say sorry for all my sins, big thanks to all the blessings i get everyday. this prayer is for my Bears, pls. give them thecourage to stand up to their arrogant QB mr. cutler, and I just want to ask a question, is tom bradys' ribs really broken? pls. let it be!
devil.gif
Amen!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

As far as the QB's go I got:

Jimmy > Sam > Mallett (if he declares?) > Colt > Snead

Bradford and Mallett are the closest in that list and Colt could potentially move up if he does major work against Alabama's D tonight (if he does, I willpersonally be SHOCKED).

Ryan has a freakin' CANNON.
sick.gif

workout wise mallett and snead are going to do @!%%##* work

and we all know how NFL teams will overhype workouts and draft a player to high

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Not when it comes to QB's though. It's all about mechanics, footwork, and arm strength. Bench press and squat have minimal impact on how much a QBmoves up or down in the draft.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Not when it comes to QB's though. It's all about mechanics, footwork, and arm strength. Bench press and squat have minimal impact on how much a QB moves up or down in the draft.

JaMarcus and his 60 yard throw from his knees say differently.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Originally Posted by ATLfootballer

Originally Posted by USA Pride4Life

OK let me see if I can find a pic of EB missing a tackle, too.

F616873.jpg

Let me see if I can get a pic of Rice dropping a ball, while Im at it.
Dexter broke EB down abt 5-6 times somethin serious that game...... anyway, EB is 10 times better then Thomas, Qb's had to know where EB was on the field a all times this year since he played all over and threw away from him, I dont see Earl Thomas making an impact by NOT makin plays, EB can not plays but still provide a huge impact by Qb's avoiding him.

what you think about Jevan dipping for the L? who was that frosh that played in the Cotton Bowl, he was kinda trash from what it looked like
To be honest I think it was a smart decision: He already has his degree, his main offensive weapons are gone plus 3 O-linemen and it was statedfrom the head man that even though he was the starter going in to spring that there would be a competion if he didn't improve from this past year.

As far as Nathan Stanley (the freshman) he's pretty decent and makes some pretty nice decisions and throws but got caught up in the moment i guess

Originally Posted by StackJaxx

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Not when it comes to QB's though. It's all about mechanics, footwork, and arm strength. Bench press and squat have minimal impact on how much a QB moves up or down in the draft.

JaMarcus and his 60 yard throw from his knees say differently.
i think his BCS game had more to do with it. for some reason i remember thinking during that game that he made alot on money in that game then hewent number 1.

nah man, No one was really sold off what he did vs a weak Notre dame in that Sugar Bowl

it was his Work out. some analysts was being called one of the best work outs people have seen. and Muke Mayock was saying he has the best arm he's everseen

March 14, he threw the lights out in one of the most dazzling passing performances that didn't involve a defense. There were 100 general managers, coaches and scouts gathered, at least one personnel man from each of the NFL's 32 teams. Russell, who hadn't thrown earlier at the NFL combine, spent 20 minutes throwing to gifted LSU players Justin Vincent, Craig Davis and Dwayne Bowe -- the latter two also would go in the first round.

Russell checked in at 6-foot-5½, 256 pounds, impressively down 9 pounds from the combine. He ran a respectable 4.83-second 40-yard dash. And he threw lasers all over the field, including several majestic 80-yard parabolas that had the Raiders salivating. More than any other franchise, going back to the blueprint of their owner, Al Davis, the Raiders worship the physical gifts of size, power and speed. Russell was an almost perfect hybrid; Davis even invoked the name of John Elway.

Russell was an almost perfect hybrid; Davis even invoked the name of John Elway
tired.gif
god damn.
That lack of work ethic/coaching/supporting cast really bit him in the %*%.

I hope jamarcus makes a come back with another team, hopefully a team like the pats or the colts ( I know this probably won't happen) where he can developwith the best of the best and, when the time is right, he can go out on the field and utilize his god given talent to succeed.

I also think this is going to be a strong draft. Except qbs, a lot of good DTs and DEs that can play in the 3-4 which is rare. The depth at wr is sick. Bryant,Benn, Lafell, Williams, tate are all really good on top that you have real good slot guys like Shipley, and Cooper. Also, A LOT of 3-4 OLBs and I like a few ofthem. Kindle, hughes, Graham, Selvie, Norwood to name a few.

DECLARED FOR DRAFT:
Jahvid Best, RB, California
Antonio Brown, WR, Central Michigan
Joe Haden, CB, Florida
Aaron Hernandez, TE, Florida
Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State
Rennie Curran, LB, Georgia
Reshad Jones, S, Georgia
Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois
Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
Dezmon Briscoe, WR, Kansas
Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan
Jevan Snead, QB, Mississippi
Mico McSwain, WR, North Alabama
Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
Thaddeus Gibson, DE/OLB, Ohio State
Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
Dominique Franks, CB, Oklahoma
Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
Navorro Bowman, OLB, Penn State
Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
Jason PIerre-Paul, DE, South Florida
Mike Williams, WR, Syracuse
Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
Jason Worilds, DE, Virginia Tech
Brian Price, DT, UCLA
Everson Griffen, DE, USC
Joe McKnight, RB, USC
Abe Koroma, DT, Western Illinois

Thomas, a junior wide receiver, said he was projected by the NFL's draft advisory board that he would be a second-round pick, and that it was an extremely difficult decision.

Still awaiting news from Morgan, Burnett, and Diesel. All 3 were given first round grades.

Harvey Unga leaning towards the draft too

is it safe to say pete carrol will draft a qb now that it looks like he the new seahawks hc?

everyone is hating on Earl because they know nothing about him, or have seen him play....and are all over EB, just cuz of his name... Earl Thomas had 8picks...2 for TDs....hes way faster than EB... has better coverage skills....and is just as smart and may be more instinctive (yes the crabtree play happenedlast year... when he was a freshman)....so i dont see why everyone is clownin thinking that EB is far and away better than Earl...

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

everyone is hating on Earl because they know nothing about him, or have seen him play....and are all over EB, just cuz of his name... Earl Thomas had 8 picks...2 for TDs....hes way faster than EB... has better coverage skills....and is just as smart and may be more instinctive (yes the crabtree play happened last year... when he was a freshman)....so i dont see why everyone is clownin thinking that EB is far and away better than Earl...

Son, GTFOOHWTBS. I've seen both of them play plenty of times and there is NO comparison. Put Earl Thomas on Tennessee's D instead of EB14 and dudewouldn't even be coming out for the draft.

I barely even noticed dude was on the field last night.
smh.gif

roll.gif
Take the homer goggles off mayne...

There's a reason why EB is discussed as a top 5 pick in the draft. There's a reason why EB won the Thorpe this year and was a finalist last yeardespite playing for a team that isn't that great. It's because he's that good. The fact that he has all this hype playing for a team that's noteven top 25 shows how good he is. If EB played in a pass-happy conference like the Big 12, I'm sure he'd have more opportunities to get more picks too.The only safety that is getting by due to name is Taylor Mays...definitely not Eric Berry
laugh.gif

**Edit** And USA Pride4Life, how are you gonna defend EB now when you started this whole comparison
laugh.gif

I just said he's a better 'tackler'. I never said Thomas was faster, a better ball hawk, or has better instincts than Berry. Im not a UT guy
laugh.gif

I guarantee PC will take a QB with one of those first-rounders in the top 14. I'm leaning towards Clausen but Bradford is also a possibility.

I'm not the biggest Eric Berry fan in the world but I recognize he has the potential to be GREAT in the league. Berry's what LaRon Landry wishes hecould be - a do it all swiss army knife-type safety. I wouldn't be surprised if a team or two tries trading up for EB's services. Don't thinkhe'll disappoint either. Berry is as sure a thing as Aaron Curry was last year.

On the other hand, ET has bust written all over him. Some organization is not gonna be happy paying him that first-round $. To compare to two other formerLonghorns safeties, Michael Huff and Michael Griffin: Earl Thomas looks a whole lot more like Huff than Griffin which is certainly not a good thing.

If I'm a NFL GM it'd be wise to stay away from Mays and ET. Nate Allen and Darrell Stuckey can be had cheaper and in the second or third round.

Back
Top Bottom