********2010 NFL DRAFT TALK********

Originally Posted by CP1708

Dallas can't really afford to mortgage all that for a WR though can they?

But Jerry gave up a ton for Roy, now do it again for Dez? He tryin out for the Lions GM or something? I don't see it.
Eh, if it's an uncapped year next year you cut Roy, chalk it up as a mistake and move on... Can't run around scared with receiversforever...

The Cowboys roster is relatively deep in spots... They've got attractive young guys they can trade (namely Bennett and Choice, Carpenter obviouslyisn't a centerpiece but he may be building up some value the way he's come on the last few weeks)...They'll have most all their picks, and there's really very few spots on the roster that need an obvious upgrade... A young tackle, a receiver, and asafety...

The offense needs another guy that can house it from anywhere... Dez is that. And then add in the fact he'd instantly be the best return man Dallas has hadsince God knows when...
pimp.gif
Do it Jerry.
Originally Posted by dreClark

Wow.

Romo, Dez, Miles Austin (still not 100% sold on him, but whatever), Martellus, Whitten, Felix the Cat and Barber
sick.gif
pimp.gif
What else you want to see?

1 more year of this performance and I will believe. One more year, when defenses have a good year of game film, KNOW he is the #1 WR, and plan accordingly.Then I'll believe. One year just doesn't do it for me.

Until then, he's still a Peerless Price in my eyes.

OT:

I just realized your's truly took 1st in the yahoo collage bowl pick'em game

Spoiler [+]
[h3]Group Standings[/h3]

[table][tr][th=""]
Rank
[/th] [th=""]
Pick Set
[/th] [th=""]
Correct Picks
[/th] [th=""]
Possible Points
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Dunk By h3at23[/td] [td]20 of 34[/td] [td]437[/td] [td]437[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]RoOk braziland100[/td] [td]20 of 34[/td] [td]411[/td] [td]411[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]winRARs jae[/td] [td]18 of 34[/td] [td]393[/td] [td]393[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]EnEyeKayEe emjayyonny[/td] [td]22 of 34[/td] [td]382[/td] [td]382[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]OHYOUMADCAUSEIMSTYLINGONYOU William[/td] [td]19 of 34[/td] [td]375[/td] [td]375[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Jersey RyanK[/td] [td]21 of 34[/td] [td]374[/td] [td]374[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Jay Cutler is great Gangsta @**! a revolution[/td] [td]21 of 34[/td] [td]374[/td] [td]374[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]WstCoastGotti Gotti[/td] [td]20 of 34[/td] [td]373[/td] [td]373[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Its Your Era 2 IYE2[/td] [td]20 of 34[/td] [td]371[/td] [td]371[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]bijald0331 bijaldharia0331[/td] [td]16 of 34[/td] [td]362[/td] [td]362[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]DaComeUp b3.jay15[/td] [td]20 of 34[/td] [td]361[/td] [td]361[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]sinser13 oscar[/td] [td]18 of 34[/td] [td]358[/td] [td]358[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]Mickey Bobby dreizel[/td] [td]17 of 34[/td] [td]356[/td] [td]356[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]ATL_FINEST desmond W[/td] [td]19 of 34[/td] [td]356[/td] [td]356[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]OJ Simpson Cell Mate Chene[/td] [td]18 of 34[/td] [td]356[/td] [td]356[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]Mike Holmgren's Jowels screwtuss2002[/td] [td]19 of 34[/td] [td]355[/td] [td]355[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td]Case of the Tuesdays Jumaane[/td] [td]19 of 34[/td] [td]353[/td] [td]353[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18[/td] [td]Big Kahuna Burger juleswinnfield2133[/td] [td]19 of 34[/td] [td]349[/td] [td]349[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19[/td] [td]Charles Woodson KNOWS deacontony5[/td] [td]18 of 34[/td] [td]343[/td] [td]343[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20[/td] [td]blow me jabroni c5a5d5a5[/td] [td]16 of 34[/td] [td]342[/td] [td]342[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21[/td] [td]@**! Tebow FR3SH[/td] [td]20 of 34[/td] [td]341[/td] [td]341[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22[/td] [td]DeadsetAce jvshukla[/td] [td]18 of 34[/td] [td]339[/td] [td]339[/td] [/tr][tr][td]23[/td] [td]wizards23 Matt Ivnet[/td] [td]20 of 34[/td] [td]334[/td] [td]334[/td] [/tr][tr][td]24[/td] [td]Michael Jordan Jeans * U too can be Wavy[/td] [td]18 of 34[/td] [td]329[/td] [td]329[/td] [/tr][tr][td]25[/td] [td]TennHouse2 tennhouse2[/td] [td]17 of 34[/td] [td]325[/td] [td]325[/td] [/tr][tr][td]26[/td] [td]not Gunna cut it nowitness41dirk[/td] [td]17 of 34[/td] [td]324[/td] [td]324[/td] [/tr][tr][td]27[/td] [td]BURRRRRRRRRR thetrillipino[/td] [td]17 of 34[/td] [td]322[/td] [td]322[/td] [/tr][tr][td]28[/td] [td]bigmike mike1902@...[/td] [td]18 of 34[/td] [td]315[/td] [td]315[/td] [/tr][tr][td]29[/td] [td]Nobody Beats the Wiz y0ungge0ff[/td] [td]16 of 34[/td] [td]315[/td] [td]315[/td] [/tr][tr][td]30[/td] [td]toddzo Todd[/td] [td]17 of 34[/td] [td]314[/td] [td]314[/td] [/tr][tr][td]31[/td] [td]BirdsIView thomas[/td] [td]17 of 34[/td] [td]314[/td] [td]314[/td] [/tr][tr][td]32[/td] [td]vctry andyfirst@...[/td] [td]17 of 34[/td] [td]313[/td] [td]313[/td] [/tr][tr][td]33[/td] [td](o_O ) henz0id[/td] [td]15 of 34[/td] [td]311[/td] [td]311[/td] [/tr][tr][td]34[/td] [td]Pdub9 I got it 4 cheap n[/td] [td]16 of 34[/td] [td]310[/td] [td]310[/td] [/tr][tr][td]35[/td] [td]Suh for Heisman fly_32w[/td] [td]17 of 34[/td] [td]307[/td] [td]307[/td] [/tr][tr][td]36[/td] [td]BC016 sebcoonrabbit16[/td] [td]15 of 34[/td] [td]305[/td] [td]305[/td] [/tr][tr][td]37[/td] [td]Precious Neck Grease alumnihall15[/td] [td]16 of 34[/td] [td]304[/td] [td]304[/td] [/tr][tr][td]38[/td] [td]JPZx Joe[/td] [td]17 of 34[/td] [td]303[/td] [td]303[/td] [/tr][tr][td]39[/td] [td]Krunksgiving Joe Pa[/td] [td]17 of 34[/td] [td]302[/td] [td]302[/td] [/tr][tr][td]40[/td] [td]JumpmanJordanAddict89 Aaron[/td] [td]16 of 34[/td] [td]301[/td] [td]301[/td] [/tr][tr][td]41[/td] [td]Marley's Offensive Stats Chuck D[/td] [td]17 of 34[/td] [td]301[/td] [td]301[/td] [/tr][tr][td]42[/td] [td]Can't Get Right burnthegoods[/td] [td]17 of 34[/td] [td]301[/td] [td]301[/td] [/tr][tr][td]43[/td] [td]Goast Ride the Whip james m[/td] [td]14 of 34[/td] [td]300[/td] [td]300[/td] [/tr][tr][td]44[/td] [td]Heavy-Hitta10 Heavy-Hitta[/td] [td]15 of 34[/td] [td]299[/td] [td]299[/td] [/tr][tr][td]45[/td] [td]DWadefan Mark L[/td] [td]16 of 34[/td] [td]298[/td] [td]298[/td] [/tr][tr][td]46[/td] [td]Theone theone23241[/td] [td]16 of 34[/td] [td]296[/td] [td]296[/td] [/tr][tr][td]47[/td] [td]CertifiedSW snguyen15[/td] [td]17 of 34[/td] [td]296[/td] [td]296[/td] [/tr][tr][td]48[/td] [td]Da Black Tiger Woods da_fr3sh_princ3[/td] [td]16 of 34[/td] [td]296[/td] [td]296[/td] [/tr][tr][td]49[/td] [td]RKO2004 Terrel[/td] [td]17 of 34[/td] [td]291[/td] [td]291[/td] [/tr][tr][td]50[/td] [td]CaliGetsBusy Cali[/td] [td]15 of 34[/td] [td]289[/td] [td]289[/td] [/tr][tr][td]51[/td] [td]Bob Stoops' Bowl Record Statis[/td] [td]17 of 34[/td] [td]288[/td] [td]288[/td] [/tr][tr][td]52[/td] [td]Hitting Putts and Nailing %@%% mikeyt1523[/td] [td]16 of 34[/td] [td]284[/td] [td]284[/td] [/tr][tr][td]53[/td] [td]DLo13 d[/td] [td]16 of 34[/td] [td]280[/td] [td]280[/td] [/tr][tr][td]54[/td] [td]What Would Tebow Do? noskeypdx[/td] [td]18 of 34[/td] [td]276[/td] [td]276[/td] [/tr][tr][td]55[/td] [td]#$*%$@$ flippapabear[/td] [td]14 of 34[/td] [td]275[/td] [td]275[/td] [/tr][tr][td]56[/td] [td]Revis Christ NO.I.D.[/td] [td]15 of 34[/td] [td]274[/td] [td]274[/td] [/tr][tr][td]57[/td] [td]Jackel5650 jackel5650[/td] [td]12 of 34[/td] [td]274[/td] [td]274[/td] [/tr][tr][td]58[/td] [td]Taylor BEAST Mays DPOY Tommy Trojan[/td] [td]13 of 34[/td] [td]274[/td] [td]274[/td] [/tr][tr][td]59[/td] [td]Horndog itchycow98[/td] [td]13 of 34[/td] [td]271[/td] [td]271[/td] [/tr][tr][td]60[/td] [td]SneakerPro Dwight[/td] [td]17 of 34[/td] [td]271[/td] [td]271[/td] [/tr][tr][td]61[/td] [td]dr funk 13 dr funk 13[/td] [td]15 of 34[/td] [td]269[/td] [td]269[/td] [/tr][tr][td]62[/td] [td]Nako's Picks Ikenna[/td] [td]14 of 34[/td] [td]269[/td] [td]269[/td] [/tr][tr][td]63[/td] [td]VY's Wonderlic Score CASEYG[/td] [td]15 of 34[/td] [td]267[/td] [td]267[/td] [/tr][tr][td]64[/td] [td]O-face gojailblazers[/td] [td]16 of 34[/td] [td]265[/td] [td]265[/td] [/tr][tr][td]65[/td] [td]IRON MAN luas82[/td] [td]15 of 34[/td] [td]264[/td] [td]264[/td] [/tr][tr][td]66[/td] [td]airblaster503 airblaster503[/td] [td]12 of 34[/td] [td]230[/td] [td]230[/td] [/tr][tr][td]67[/td] [td]Proshares Bobby[/td] [td]15 of 34[/td] [td]219[/td] [td]219[/td] [/tr][tr][td]68[/td] [td]FTW MichaelM[/td] [td]12 of 34[/td] [td]217[/td] [td]217[/td] [/tr][tr][td]69[/td] [td]3.5 Picks from being Perfect Erick[/td] [td]13 of 34[/td] [td]210[/td] [td]210[/td] [/tr][tr][td]70[/td] [td]ACE BOMBER Ace03[/td] [td]12 of 34[/td] [td]190[/td] [td]190[/td] [/tr][tr][td]71[/td] [td]basketball749 basketball749[/td] [td]0 of 34[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]71[/td] [td]m23tk hoy_its_neilzy[/td] [td]0 of 34[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]71[/td] [td]wildKYcat aharp24[/td] [td]0 of 34[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]71[/td] [td]Scuse scuse7[/td] [td]0 of 34[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]71[/td] [td]after h0urs jbm232[/td] [td]0 of 34[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]71[/td] [td]Jackel56 justinackel[/td] [td]0 of 34[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]71[/td] [td]jrp Harry[/td] [td]0 of 34[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]71[/td] [td]MBen32 MarcusB[/td] [td]0 of 34[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]71[/td] [td]imsofresh3 buckets32001[/td] [td]0 of 34[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]71[/td] [td]Jumbo Jimbo ethan[/td] [td]0 of 34[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]71[/td] [td]DFRESH FTW dante l[/td] [td]0 of 34[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]71[/td] [td]Grimey JD[/td] [td]0 of 34[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]71[/td] [td]Andre Swagassi Eric[/td] [td]0 of 34[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]71[/td] [td]Sohi23 Preetpal S[/td] [td]0 of 34[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][/table]

1 more year of this performance and I will believe. One more year, when defenses have a good year of game film, KNOW he is the #1 WR, and plan accordingly. Then I'll believe. One year just doesn't do it for me.
I feel you... The DoubleJs Defense.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't think game film is gonna make him any easier to bring down after the catch, though...
nerd.gif

Proshares wrote:

Not sold on Miles, I'm not sold on Jones staying healthy. Sounding like Marley right now.

Don't do that... One Marley on 3 or 4 usernames is enough...
laugh.gif

Were you one of the many Boys fans that were 100% convinced Hurd was better than Miles?

Felix FINALLY looks like his knee is right... I think Saturday was EXACTLY what everybody thought this kid was gonna be when we drafted him... He's got nohistory of injury aside from last year and what kind of carried over to this year, so I see no reason to believe he's gonna be a constant injury concern...

Oh no, I was just countering was Dre said about being not sold on Miles. I've always liked Austin and thought before the season started he'd be anexcellent slot receiver but never thought he'd put up the numbers he put up this year.

I'm a big Felix fan, I just want to see what he looks like next year at 100% for a whole season.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

1 more year of this performance and I will believe. One more year, when defenses have a good year of game film, KNOW he is the #1 WR, and plan accordingly. Then I'll believe. One year just doesn't do it for me.
I feel you... The DoubleJs Defense.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Man, I'm just saying
I don't think game film is gonna make him any easier to bring down after the catch, though...
nerd.gif

True....But game film could aid in stopping him from getting the ball in the first place
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Oh no, I was just countering was Dre said about being not sold on Miles. I've always liked Austin and thought before the season started he'd be an excellent slot receiver but never thought he'd put up the numbers he put up this year.
I agree... I always thought he'd eventually contribute as a deep threat, but I never thought he'd be a #1 guy... He's probably not bea 1200+ yards and 10+ scores year in and year out kinda guy, but I think he's definitely arrived as a quality NFL starter...
True....But game film could aid in stopping him from getting the ball in the first place
nerd.gif

We'll see... It'll be interesting to see how teams adjust to him and how he adjusts to them... He did go through that lull halfway throughthe year, but he's played very well against some good secondaries the last three weeks and he's seen some doubles and had coverage rolled his way..

Big thing with Miles has always been hands... They haven't been a problem AT ALL this year, kinda interested to see if that's for real or anaberration...

And all this, again, shows why Dallas can and probably should do something to bring in another high-caliber young guy to help carry some of the load... I thinkDoug Free's play this year gives some breathing room to the tackle situation, though OL is still fairly pressing, so receiver appears to probably be the #1priority... Crayton and Roy are decent enough, but you gotta get another playmaker in here...

Deadset, get the hell in the hall of fame thread, and why ain't Dirk in there with you?
laugh.gif

Dead, you got votes to make. Get to work.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Is this a contract year for Miles?
Yes... Assuming the uncapped year, he'll lose unrestricted status and have the restricted tag, though... I'd assume he'll befranchised regardless, though I don't exactly know how that works with the uncapped scenario...

I agree... I always thought he'd eventually contribute as a deep threat, but I never thought he'd be a #1 guy... He's probably not be a 1200+ yards and 10+ scores year in and year out kinda guy, but I think he's definitely arrived as a quality NFL starter...
Yeah, see that's what I don't 'believe', at least right now, about Austin. That he is a clear cut #1 1200/10 NFL receiver year inand year out. I have no doubt that he can be a quality slot man.

If he does it next year, then more power to him.

I been wondering where you been, but I figured with the Cowboys you were busy and what not. But with Dawson getting elected, we had some issues, so we starteda thread to try to clean some stuff up. It's on page one, now, Pro and I are all over it.
laugh.gif

Sorry for the slight interuption to the draft discussion. Carry on, Dez to Miami, etc etc.
pimp.gif

Can anybody tell me what a uncapped year means? Like i know basically the concept of it but why is it a little bad for players?

Originally Posted by RoOk

Can anybody tell me what a uncapped year means? Like i know basically the concept of it but why is it a little bad for players?
The biggest negative for players is that it'll affect a lot of the guys coming up for free agency... Under the uncapped system, guys coming upon their 4 years of NFL service (eligible for unrestricted FA) will have that pushed to restricted status because under the uncapped system, players have tohave 6 years of service before they're eligible to hit the open market... So guys like Miles Austin, Elvis Dumervil and Brandon Marshall will miss out onan opportunity to cash in on an open market and their paydays will potentially be limited or pushed back another year or more...

It'll cost more than 200 guys unrestricted status... Link

[h2]Bowl risers and fallers[/h2] [h3]How players who shined or struggled in the postseason have changed their draft statusEmail Share [/h3]
By Mel Kiper
ESPN Insider
Archive

Dexter McCluster is small, but he fits a recent trend in the NFL. Some now view his size as a possible advantage.

The bowls gave us a last glimpse at a number of guys that we expect to see drafted in April. Let's go through some of the performances that stood out to me, and I'll also give an early draft grade for these guys. Obviously, the all-star games and testing could shake these up.

Risers

Dexter McCluster -- Ole Miss
Talk all you want about McCluster's size -- or lack thereof -- but the 5-foot-8, 165-pound dual-threat speedster carried the ball 34 times against Oklahoma State in the Cotton Bowl, and also caught five passes. After not getting a lot of carries earlier in the year, McCluster proved his toughness, and versatility, with so many touches; he had 44 catches to go with the 181 rushes this year. The fact is in this day and age teams want multiple backs and varied offensive threats, so McCluster is heading to a league that can use him. He could even see action as a slot receiver. I have him with a second-round grade, though he'll need to run well to overcome all the usual questions.
Possible position: Second round

O'Brien Schofield -- Wisconsin
Schofield is just always in the backfield, and he was again in the Champs Sports Bowl, notching two more sacks against Miami and some good tackles. How productive is this guy? He was just a half tackle behind Brandon Graham for the national lead in tackles for loss. I see Schofield as an outside 'backer in a 3-4 scheme. Think of a Clay Matthews-type, with a great motor as a pass-rusher. Best thing about Schofield: Even when a sack isn't in the cards, he's always active in chasing down the play. I think the second round is now a possibility.

Mike Iupati -- Idaho
This guy is one of the stories of the year. He used to play defense, and sometimes you can see that, because he likes to deliver the blow, not just absorb it. The guy moves like he's 275 pounds, which is a serious compliment when you're 6-5, 330 pounds. He can pull, trap, get to the second level, and in the Humanitarian Bowl, just dominated. Guards don't go too high, generally, but he may have solidified second-round status, and you can plug him in from day one.

Jason Pierre-Paul -- South Florida
Hard to say this guy will rise a lot more -- he could land in the top 10 as it is -- but many are still getting familiar with this guy, and he had another solid game in an easy win over Northern Illinois. Long arms, great wingspan, gets off blocks instinctively and quickly. He's raw, but he could be a premier pass-rusher.
Possible position: High to mid first round

Dan Williams -- Tennessee
Solid game in a loss to Virginia Tech. He had nine tackles out of the DT position, which is a fantastic total. Williams is just so strong in the lower body, and appears to be steadily improving. He doesn't grade quite as high as Ndamukong Suh or Gerald McCoy, but with them you're talking about top-five picks. Williams is a rising talent.
Possible position: Mid to low first round

Robert Johnson -- Utah
Johnson has excellent instincts and the speed to cover all over the field. He's a former junior college All-American, so he has less exposure, but the tape is solid. He had an INT in Utah's win over Cal, which makes 13 in two seasons. I don't think he's as big as his listed 200 pounds (closer to 190) but teams need safeties who can cover.
Possible position: Third to fifth round

Fallers

Corey Wootton -- Northwestern
The bottom line with Wootton is he's still not back completely from a nasty knee injury suffered in last year's Alamo Bowl. Still, scouts will begin to wonder if he can be the same player he was last year. He dropped from 10 sacks to four, and 16.5 tackles for loss to just five from his junior to senior years, and was invisible in Northwestern's bowl loss to Auburn. He needs to get completely healthy and hopefully proves his once extremely athletic looking 6-7, 280-pound frame is truly back.
Possible position: Fourth to fifth round

Nobody questions Brandon Spikes' productivity, but his speed is a concern.

Brandon Spikes -- Florida
Spikes is always productive -- I've just always had questions about his speed. There was a play in the Sugar Bowl when he was pursuing Cincy QB Tony Pike and simply couldn't chase him down. It's just one play, but Spikes has plays like that -- they stick with you. I call it a red-flag play. He's a guy whose 40 time will say a lot. Earlier this season I had him ahead of Bama's Rolando McClain, but I see McClain as way ahead now. On the plus side, again, Spikes is always productive, and he's a fiery leader.
Possible position: Second to third round

Devin Ross -- Arizona
The shocker with Ross is here's a guy I have listed at 5-10½ and maybe a shade more than 170 pounds, and he led Arizona in tackles. Problem is, at that size, he can't even be cast as a safety, and nobody is drafting him to be a tackling machine. He has to cover, and in the bowl loss to Nebraska, he struggled again. He got beat by speed guys, and that's a big concern.
Possible position: Fourth to sixth round

Zac Robinson -- Oklahoma State
He had high hopes for this season, but Robinson was just average in 2009, and had a terrible game to finish the season, with four INTs in the Cotton Bowl loss. Just remember, he lost Dez White, which really hurt, a year after Brandon Pettigrew also left for the NFL. Still, Robinson didn't look like an NFL QB. There are guys that went undrafted last year like Brian Hoyer and Graham Harrell, and Robinson fits there based on what we've seen.
Possible position: Seventh to UFA

Kam Chancellor -- Virginia Tech
Chancellor could be a tweener. He's 6-3, 226 pounds, so he might be just too small for LB, but not athletic enough to cover effectively as a safety. He's not fluid in coverage, and while he's a good athlete and could test out well, coverage is key.
Possible position: Third to fifth round

Back
Top Bottom