********2010 NFL DRAFT TALK********

Originally Posted by antoekneeo

Colt McCoy best player in the draft? {John McEnroe} You cannot be serious. He is a 2nd rd pick at best. Best was never considered a top 5 pick. There is a chance he goes in the last first, but most likely will go in the 2nd.

I'm a Texas homer but all of this is true. I just don't see Colt doing much in the league, I hope I'm wrong though
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by RoOk

You guys serious? Jahvid Best was in many mock drafts before the season as a possible top-5 pick. He was compared to a bigger version of Reggie Bush! You guys just don't know because most people don't think of Best as a top notch back but the guy has 4'3 speed & set California records last year breaking guys like Marshawn Lynch records. You guys sleeping on this cat Smh
Here's what's wrong wit that statement:

Jahvid Best was never considered a possible top 5 pick.
Jahvid Best was never compared to Reggie Bush
Jahvid Best is not bigger than Reggie Bush so how can he be a bigger version of Reggie Bush

Here's what's right about that statement:
He has 4.3 speed

maybe in the 2nd round or something, I've lost all hope for Berry.

We need playmakers on D or on offense.
I hope we dont $+*@ this up really
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DanniTheKid

You guys serious? Jahvid Best was in many mock drafts before the season as a possible top-5 pick. He was compared to a bigger version of Reggie Bush! You guys just don't know because most people don't think of Best as a top notch back but the guy has 4'3 speed & set California records last year breaking guys like Marshawn Lynch records. You guys sleeping on this cat Smh

Jahvid Best is not bigger than Reggie Bush so how can he be a bigger version of Reggie Bush

He has 4.3 speed
1. Okay man, whatever. I know what was said about him coming into the season Smh. Early this season he was ranked #1 in the Heisman ranking onESPN.com & Scouts were raving before 2 concussions took him out. His stats as a sophmore : 1,580 rushing yards, an 8.1-yard per carry average, and 15touchdowns.
pimp.gif
Those look like atleast a top 10 pick for a top 25 teamplaying in a BCS confernce.

2. He has been compared search it

3. By that i means he plays tougher. Runs up the middle & stays running up the middle more than Bush does

Originally Posted by DanniTheKid

He has 4.3 speed
1. Okay man, whatever. I know what was said about him coming into the season Smh. Early this season he was ranked #1 in the Heisman ranking on ESPN.com & Scouts were raving before 2 concussions took him out. His stats as a sophmore : 1,580 rushing yards, an 8.1-yard per carry average, and 15 touchdowns.
pimp.gif
Those look like atleast a top 10 pick for a top 25 team playing in a BCS confernce.

2. He has been compared search it

3. By that i means he plays tougher. Runs up the middle & stays running up the middle more than Bush does

as a cal fan i heard everybody that watched cal in last 3 years that he is compared to reggie bush with his explosion when he reaches the outside.

Joe Haden
5'11, 190 pounds | Cornerback | Florida

41567_aptopix_sugar_bowl_football.jpg

Agility:
Displays elite high-point agility. Shows loose hips that he can open up to turn.You'd like to see Haden explode more when he opens up his hips, though. His change of direction ability isn't as great as you'd like, but it's serviceable.

Ball skills: Don't mistake Haden's eight interceptions in three years for ordinary ball skills. Where Haden's ball skills are evident when he's in the air with a receiver. He had 34 career passes defended and really came up his best here in big games. Haden's ball skills are what makes him a true shutdown corner.

Body control: Haden flashes excellent body control when he's in the air. Positions himself to get in front of receivers to make a play on the ball. Rarely got called for interference or illegal contact. Times his jumps nicely.

Instincts: Possesses extremely impressive recognition skills. Pump fakes don't move Haden around and reads routes nicely. Very good at differentiating run and pass plays to break toward the line of scrimmage. Has good instincts when the ball is in the air.

Man coverage: Haden's press skill is excellent and he can handle large receivers at the line. A picky defensive backs coach might want to work with Haden on his backpedal. He's more of a side step, which gets him in trouble against shifty receivers. Once Haden is turned and running with the receiver, he stays right on them and uses his hands well here.

Pursuit: If he gets a clear lane, Haden shows excellent back-side pursuit against the run. Takes good angles, so long as he doesn't get held up by a blocker. For a cornerback, Haden is a solid pass rusher. Had three sacks as a junior.

Size: Haden size is adequate for the position. He has decent bulk on his frame and long arms. Some question, though, if he is truly 5-foot-11. Plays much bigger than his measurables.

Speed: Shows that he has optimum playing speed. Stayed in stride with just about every receiver he lined up against, especially when running in a straight line. Is an explosive closer. Gets up to speed in an instant.

Tackling: Even though Haden doesn't have the best size, he is strong supporting the run. His tackling skills are good. Although he could stand to get lower on his tackles, he wraps up properly and doesn't let go.

Zone coverage: Improved his zone coverage skills as a junior. Did a better job of trusting his football intelligence and understanding where a route is going to develop. Before he would bite on combo routes and have to rely on his closing speed. Has the burst to close his cushion fast.

Final word: There is no better college cornerback than Haden. He's come along this season as a complete corner capable of shutting down a side of the field and helping against the run. Although Haden struggles at times against shiftier receivers in man coverage, he has good speed and can out-muscle opponents.

Haden was a starter upon setting foot in Gainesville. He missed only one game in his career due to injury and started 40 games for the Gators.

Clearly the top cornerback available in the 2010 NFL Draft. Has the strength, tackling ability and closing speed to play free safety as well.

Jahvid was considered a first rounder but never a legitimate top 5 prospect.

Thoughts on Rolando McClain? I think dude is going to be a beast ILB in the league

HEY

I once considered Jahvid Best a top 5 pick
laugh.gif
I'll take the blame.

I'm pretty excited to see what the Niners do with two first round picks. I'd like to see them trade up for EB, or somehow grab Haden + any decentOL...

No running backs should ever be top 5-10 picks, if you invest in a solid offensive line, you can put anybody in the backfield and they will get you 1,000+yards and 8 touchdowns.

And you can ALWAYS find decent backs in the later rounds to come in and run for you and they will never waste the money you spend on them whereas trying toearn 50 million or whatever deal a top 5 pick gets is damn near impossible, especially since that contract prohibits you from building a solid offensive line.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Thoughts on Rolando McClain? I think dude is going to be a beast ILB in the league

demeco Ryans part II
I personally think he has the chance to be even better than DeMeco (probably not in his rookie year though). McClain is one of my favoriteprospects in the draft and he's a VERY safe pick IMO.

No running backs should ever be top 5-10 picks, if you invest in a solid offensive line, you can put anybody in the backfield and they will get you 1,000+ yards.
Agree almost 100%. Unless you are an Adrian Peterson type prospect, you have no business going that early (especially since most backs areFINISHED once they hit 30).

Golden needs to learn to run more than a fly route if he wants any D to respect him. Kid can burn but is a one trick pony when it comes to route routes. Hisafter the catch skills are nasty though.

I would love for my Lions to get Suh and then somehow get Rolando McClain. Kid is a monster. His lateral movement and ability to run sideline to sideline itruly special. Wouldn't mind seeing Brian Bulaga come out because I think he will be a great LT in the l.

No running backs should ever be top 5-10 picks, if you invest in a solid offensive line, you can put anybody in the backfield and they will get you 1,000+ yards.
Agree almost 100%. Unless you are an Adrian Peterson type prospect, you have no business going that early (especially since most backs are FINISHED once they hit 30).
Agreed. Just trying to help out a fellow Cal fan.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Niners grab Bulaga.

Originally Posted by New Wu

Rams take Suh
nerd.gif

Lions take Berry and Best.
pimp.gif
Now, I know you are not a Lions fan just by that statement. They don't need a running back, they have Smith and Morris, and drafted AaronBrown(speed back) last year. They don't need another saftey as they drafted Delmas last year and he has been the best secondary player on the team. Nowwhat the Lions do need is a defensive tackle, maybe even 2 and 2 corners. Defense will be the gameplan in this years draft for Detroit, they have the talenton offense, just need to get everyone on the same page and get Stafford settled in. They don't need another WR, they have a big target opposite of CJ inBryant Johnson, they just sucked at spreading the ball around this year so teams focused on Calvin. Lions had no presence all season in the middle of thatdefensive line, and had the worst pass defense in the league.

Yeah I hope the jets can nab tate in the 20s. Sanchez needs more then 2 wrs and a good young 3rd wr would do wonders. Do you guys like Jason Paul Pierre orJerry Hughes more? Hughes looks like a beast pass rusher in a 3-4

Hope my boy Josh Pinkard gets drafted, I own that dude in basketball
laugh.gif

Any word on him and his chances?

New Wu wrote: I think Tebow will go to the Bucs in the early 2nd round.
eyes.gif
----wait, what? they have freeman at qb and winslow at tight end where the hell would he fit there?

Back
Top Bottom