********2010 NFL DRAFT TALK********

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

golden tate on the dolphins would shift the power in the afc east ... yeah i said it ...
539w.jpg

Who was the last 1st round D lineman that worked out for STL? Wistrom? They went for Carriker and Long why not make it a trifecta?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Who was the last 1st round D lineman that worked out for STL? Wistrom? They went for Carriker and Long why not make it a trifecta?

laugh.gif
and thats exactly why they CAN NOT select Suh.

on 1st round Defensive Lineman, they have whiffed on Jimmy Kennedy, Ryan Pickett, Adam Carriker, and Chris Long.
Its time to go in a different direction.

if you keep drafting to correct your previous yrs mistakes you will never put a successful team on the field

You really want em to take Dez at #1 though? They have so many needs on that team. Berry or Okung would be good starts.

Looking back at that 07 draft some atrocious picks in the first 13 or so...Russell, Gaines, Landry, Anderson, Ginn, Okoye...

Originally Posted by CP1708

Crack this early in the morning homie?
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Come on man, don't be sayin stuff like that.

i didnt realize the pats were head and shoulders above the dolphins this year ...
eyes.gif

with another year under hennes belt, golden tate and hopefully a healthy ronnie brown for 8 games they would bust some heads ...

The Lions went with what they perceived to be the best talent in CJ after missing on 100203203 WR's.

if the Rams feel the same about Suh, I don't see why not.

no way dez drops that low and no way the cowboys pick someone in the first round this year unless someone amazing falls ... taylor mays, huck pluh ... i spitat the idea ...

Originally Posted by Al3xis

The Lions went with what they perceived to be the best talent in CJ after missing on 100203203 WR's.

if the Rams feel the same about Suh, I don't see why not.

and the Lions went damn near winless and then won 2 games this yr.

thats why not.

what do the rams need more...WR or DT? im just looking for opinions...not saying it decides who they take

and what 1 player in that draft woulda changed those results?

if you think a guy is the BPA, you cant back away cause of previous failings.

Don't they have a GM who's only been on the job a year anyway? it really shouldn't deter him

seeing as how they couldnt score points, (even with arguably a top 3 NFL RB) The Rams need Offense. BADLY

The fastest way to get back to competing and winning football games is to develop the defense and run the ball. They can run with Jackson, they got that bigLT last year, if they can get their D in shape, they stand a better chance of winning games then getting a WR. Hell, maybe Suh helps make Chris Long a betterplayer as well.

At least, that's how I hope they proceed is with defense.
laugh.gif

All this coulda been avoided with Desean instead of Avery too. I still remember Gunna bein pissed the day of the draft when they took Avery instead.
laugh.gif

Lol talkin crazy about Spikes. How u gonna sight ONE bad game over 4 yrs of a great career. "tossed around", yea rite.
I wasn't talking crazy about Spikes.
laugh.gif
...He's stilla good prospect. I just said i think McClain is much better. The "tossed around" comment came from seeing his **$ being driven all the way out ofbounds on a few outside runs and having a hard time getting off of blocks...

And you honestly want the Rams to take Dez #1 overall?

They don't need a running back, they have Smith and Morris, and drafted Aaron Brown(speed back) last year. They don't need another saftey as they drafted Delmas last year and he has been the best secondary player on the team. Now what the Lions do need is a defensive tackle, maybe even 2 and 2 corners. Defense will be the gameplan in this years draft for Detroit, they have the talent on offense, just need to get everyone on the same page and get Stafford settled in. They don't need another WR, they have a big target opposite of CJ in Bryant Johnson, they just sucked at spreading the ball around this year so teams focused on Calvin. Lions had no presence all season in the middle of that defensive line, and had the worst pass defense in the league.

this wasnt directed at me, but I know for a fact the Lions feel it is a necessity to upgrade the speed at both the RB & WR position. Now whereexactly they decide to pull the trigger for those moves are up in the air. The Lions dont have "enough talent" anywhere, stop lol. They have moreholes on D, but a lot of those woes was predicated on how inefficient the O was. They arent going to pass on obvioustalent.

The fastest way to get back to competing and winning football games is to develop the defense and run the ball.

Think those days are over family. Look around the league. Most teams who win got good passing games. Out of all of the playoff teams, only 2 teams got belowaverage passing games (3 if you count the Ravens, tho they still have their QB). Dont see an offensive player worth drafting that high, could see them tradingdown tho.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

Crack this early in the morning homie?
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Come on man, don't be sayin stuff like that.

i didnt realize the pats were head and shoulders above the dolphins this year ...
eyes.gif

with another year under hennes belt, golden tate and hopefully a healthy ronnie brown for 8 games they would bust some heads ...

We're not......And we'll be that much better next season. I love Tate's game but we need a bigger WR like Dez. And at the 12th pick, it's a bitof a reach. I'd like Dez, Rolando or 1 of the NTs with the 1st pick.

Now if he slips to the 2nd rd
pimp.gif

1.jpg

Ndamukong Suh

DT

6-4

158.gif

Analysis: Explosive, relentless and consistent. Last week: No. 1

2.jpg

Gerald McCoy

DT

6-4

201.gif

Analysis: Disruptive force. Productive NFL career ahead. Last week: No. 2

3.jpg

Eric Berry

DB

5-11

2633.gif

Analysis: Ultimate playmaker, in the Ed Reed mold. Last week: No. 3

4.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4785309#Jimmy Clausen

QB

6-3

87.gif

Analysis: Improved through adversity, has under-center experience. Last week: No. 4

5.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4785309#Sam Bradford

QB

6-4

201.gif

Analysis: Has underrated arm, great feel for position, is super-accurate. Last week: No. 5

6.jpg

Russell Okung

OT

6-5

197.gif

Analysis: Athletic, strong and fiery blind-side pass-protector. Last week: No. 6

7.jpg

Joe Haden

CB

5-11

57.gif

Analysis: Polished cover corner with tackling ability to match. Last week: No. 7

8.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4785309#Derrick Morgan

DE

6-4

59.gif

Analysis: Proven pass-rusher (12.5 sacks this season), stout versus run. Last week: No. 9

9.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4785309#Dez Bryant

WR

6-2

197.gif

Analysis: Dynamic receiver, punt returner and TD maker. Last week: No. 10

10.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4785309#Brian Price

DT

6-2

26.gif

Analysis: Powerful leverage guy who wreaks havoc. Last week: No. 11

11.jpg

Rolando McClain

LB

6-4

333.gif

Analysis: Fiery, vocal team leader with top instincts for position. Last week: No. 12

12.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4785309#Jason Pierre-Paul

DE

6-5

58.gif

Analysis: Explosive, natural pass-rusher out of juco ranks. Last week: No. 13

13.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4785309#Taylor Mays

S

6-3

30.gif

Analysis: Has linebacker size with cornerback speed. Last week: No. 14

14.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4785309#C.J. Spiller

RB

5-11

228.gif

Analysis: Multitalented, super-fast, electrifying game-breaker. Last week: No. 15

15.jpg

Anthony Davis

OT

6-6

164.gif

Analysis: Gifted physically, quick feet and still improving. Last week: NR

16.jpg

Everson Griffen

DE

6-3

30.gif

Analysis: Supremely talented, now gaining the necessary consistency. Last week: No. 15

17.jpg

Carlos Dunlap

DE

6-6

57.gif

Analysis: Physical tools are off the charts. Has unlimited upside. Last week: No. 16

18.jpg

Dan Williams

DT

6-3

2633.gif

Analysis: High motor, consistent, tremendously powerful lower body. Last week: No. 17

19.jpg

Aaron Hernandez

TE

6-2

57.gif

Analysis: Great hands and excellent run-after-catch skills for a TE. Last week: No. 18

20.jpg

Brandon Graham

DE

6-2

130.gif

Analysis: Awesome athlete and force off the edge. Last week: No. 19

21.jpg

Sergio Kindle

LB

6-4

251.gif

Analysis: Production finally matches his talent. Last week: No. 21

22.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4785309#Jermaine Gresham

TE

6-6

201.gif

Analysis: The best pass-catching tight end in college football. Last week: No. 22

23.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4785309#Jerry Hughes

DE

6-3

2628.gif

Analysis: Prolific pass-rusher who could be a 3-4 OLB. Last week: No. 23

24.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4785309#Sean Weatherspoon

LB

6-2

142.gif

Analysis: Makes plays all over the field. Last week: No. 24

25.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4785309#Patrick Robinson

CB

5-11

52.gif

Analysis: Consistent, even in a tough year. Best overall senior CB. Last week: 25

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

The fastest way to get back to competing and winning football games is to develop the defense and run the ball.

Think those days are over family. Look around the league. Most teams who win got good passing games. Out of all of the playoff teams, only 2 teams got below average passing games (3 if you count the Ravens, tho they still have their QB). Dont see an offensive player worth drafting that high, could see them trading down tho.

I see what you sayin, but still though, look at some of the top teams. Indy? Their core offensive guys consist of 1 top pick. The rest of thierguys are all good finds, or later round type picks. Even Reggie was what, the 16th pick or something like that.
The Saints offense? Bush was #2 and he produces less then most of their other guys.
laugh.gif
Brees second round, Colston late, their backs and other WR's are all guyspicked after the first round other then Shockey.

If you build up your lines, and get a defense going, you can compete game in, game out. Then you can start to add weapons as a luxury and improve theexplosiveness of the team from there.

At least, that's the way i see it done. It's not sexy, but it's the way to go.

if we've learned ANYTHING from the draft its that rbs can wait ... so this babble about jahvid best and whoever else needs to stop ... spiller MAYBE in the1st round but other than that, 3rd rounders and beyond ...

now as for the evolution of football ... you need to hit on a qb, point blank ... if you dont have a top tier qb you better draft one, trade for one or youbetter be EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA GOOD on defense ... look at the playoffs ... peyton, brady, favre, romo, erin, mcnabb, brees, rivers, palmer, warner ... jets andravens d ...

so now look at your team and ask yourself what you need ... does chad henne have the potential to be as good as the aforementioned qbs? if not, you better getthat defense in shape ... is alex smith ever gonna be as good as even carson palmer? then you better dominate on defense ... orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr youtake a chance on the next brady, manning etc... etc...

that is what the NFL has come down to ... hit on your QB or your defense better be EXTRA legit ...

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

Think those days are over family. Look around the league. Most teams who win got good passing games. Out of all of the playoff teams, only 2 teams got below average passing games (3 if you count the Ravens, tho they still have their QB). Dont see an offensive player worth drafting that high, could see them trading down tho.
I see what you sayin, but still though, look at some of the top teams. Indy? Their core offensive guys consist of 1 top pick. The rest of thier guys are all good finds, or later round type picks. Even Reggie was what, the 16th pick or something like that.
The Saints offense? Bush was #2 and he produces less then most of their other guys.
laugh.gif
Brees second round, Colston late, their backs and other WR's are all guys picked after the first round other then Shockey.

If you build up your lines, and get a defense going, you can compete game in, game out. Then you can start to add weapons as a luxury and improve the explosiveness of the team from there.

Tuna, is that you?
pimp.gif

It's not sexy but I think the same way.

^^^ CP, Reggie Wayne almost fell out of the 1st round. Definitely later than 16. Also, Dallas Clark was a 1st rounder.

And Meachem was a first round pick for the Saints.

But other than that, yeah I agree with pretty much your entire post.
laugh.gif

If you build up your lines, and get a defense going, you can compete game in, game out. Then you can start to add weapons as a luxury and improve the explosiveness of the team from there.

pimp.gif

I'm interested to see if Parcells can construct a team to get over the top.

i'm a huge fan of his, and a believer in just about everything he does, but his M.O. has been to get 'his guys', the team becomes more disciplinedand improved and then in the end they kinda level off.

maybe him not having to also be the coach this time around can fix that

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

^^^ CP, Reggie Wayne almost fell out of the 1st round. Definitely later than 16. Also, Dallas Clark was a 1st rounder. And Donald Brown. And Jospeh Addai
So while they all may not be top 5 picks, all the cogs who make that Indy offense go are all 1st rounders.

They are 'top picks'

Back
Top Bottom