********2010 NFL DRAFT TALK********

Dez Bryant for the Rams? No.
smh.gif

If you can't win games in the trenches then you will not win games, it's as simple as that. That goes for offensive line AND defensive line. What theRams need to do is get both lines stabilized and then go out from there. The quickest path to success is definitely not reaching in the draft for a guy likeDez.

There's a # of decent WR free agents out there if the Rams are indeed set on going after a WR sometime in the off-season. Some of these guys are restrictedbut either way. Now obviously, a lot of the free agent WRs will re-sign or maybe won't be interested in the Rams, but if you throw a lot of $ at one ofthem you never know. I don't know the cap situation in STL though, so maybe nothing can really develop with that.

St. Louis was in the cellar this year in terms of offensive line and defensive line production. Drafting Suh wouldn't be trying to make up for prior draftmistakes, it would be taking the best player available at a position that is NEEDED. Stop thinking about Carriker, Kennedy and Long....because what's doneis done. You can't not take the best player available at a position on your roster with hardly any talent justbecause you made mistakes in the past in terms of drafting at that particular position. I mean, how dumb is that
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

^^^ CP, Reggie Wayne almost fell out of the 1st round. Definitely later than 16. Also, Dallas Clark was a 1st rounder. And Donald Brown. And Jospeh Addai
So while they all may not be top 5 picks, all the cogs who make that Indy offense go are all 1st rounders.

They are 'top picks'
+ Anthony Gonzalez
laugh.gif
...If he was healthy this year he wouldprobably be doing major work.

But how many teams have a Peyton Manning at QB? How many teams will draft a Peyton Manning type QB? It is very, VERY slim.

But that still wasn't my main point (nor was it CP's).

If you are a rebuilding franchise, this is still by far the best route to take IMO:

If you build up your lines, and get a defense going, you can compete game in, game out. Then you can start to add weapons as a luxury and improve the explosiveness of the team from there.

At least, that's the way i see it done. It's not sexy, but it's the way to go.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Proshares

Who was the last 1st round D lineman that worked out for STL? Wistrom? They went for Carriker and Long why not make it a trifecta?

laugh.gif
and thats exactly why they CAN NOT select Suh.

on 1st round Defensive Lineman, they have whiffed on Jimmy Kennedy, Ryan Pickett, Adam Carriker, and Chris Long.
Its time to go in a different direction.

if you keep drafting to correct your previous yrs mistakes you will never put a successful team on the field

So just never address arguably the most important part of a team......good idea. Suh is a beast and should without hesitation or question be the number onepick.

DT arguably the most important part of the team? what league U been watching? U cant score, u cant win.

Suh aint comin in and turnin that shipwreck defense into some defensive machine.

If they pick Suh you will see, the Rams will be the same ole not able to score team who still cant stop no one. U pick Dez or someone who can score fromfurther than 10 yards out at least you add productivity to the squad.

playing with a lead helps defenses TREMENDOUSLY.

U really gonna sink 3 top 10 pick salaries into the defensive line where you have gotten ZERO production.

that is the epitome of stupidity.

Right in the kisser.

You think they try and draft a QB at some point or they still putting the faith in Bulger?

My bad, Santana was 16, Wayne was 30 that year.
eek.gif

But still, Wayne, Clark, Gonzalez Addaii, Brown, were all late 1st rounders, and the Colts were built up by that time, they had a franchise type QB, they wentand got that franchise QB a top end RB and then just plugged in whatever player they felt would add to their offense. They've done really really well forthemselves in the draft, but in this decade, the highest pick they had was #11, and they took Freeney, and there ya go.

Manning in 98, James in 99, and since then they've had the luxury of picking best available late in the first round because of the great work they'vedone deeper in the draft.

The Steelers are different in that seems like every damn year they draft yet another D-lineman, or LB even though they already have like 8 of them. But yaknow what? They damn near drafted offense this entire decade. Ben, Holmes, Mendenhal, Miller, Plax, etc etc. Hampton and one of their LB's were the onlydefensive players they've taken. But in Pitt's case, they ALWAYS have had strong lines on both sides of the ball, they can afford to plug in whateverweapon they want.

STL isn't exactly Indy or Pitt or N.O right now.

I seen a website that had Miami taking Haden at 12.
tired.gif
I mean, really? We just took Vontae, and then Smith in round 3, now they think we're gonna take yet another Corner?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Rams best bet is to trade out of that #1 spot and stockpile picks.
figures that the pats fan comes up with this idea
laugh.gif

all jokes...in all honesty that is damn well a better move than taking dez or suh numero uno overall

Suh is a once every 20 years prospect at DT like Warren Sapp. In my opinion Claussen or Bradford arent good enough to pass up on that. Id rather have Suh andMccoy in the 2nd. Il say one thing though, if the Lions get Suh at 2 wow. To get a number one overall WR,QB and a DT in back to back years is amazing.

Rams honestly should look at trading the top pick & have another risk on a huge contract

Originally Posted by RoOk

Rams honestly should look at trading the top pick & have another risk on a huge contract

Rams have a good shot at trading the pick and taking a qb in the top 5 still. The bucs want suh bad

No one is going to want to trade up to #1.

Picking first overall is a terrible situation for a team unless there is a player that can be a franchise player. No one in this draft strikes me as that typeof player that at least warrants the #1 overall pick.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

No one is going to want to trade up to #1.

Picking first overall is a terrible situation for a team unless there is a player that can be a franchise player. No one in this draft strikes me as that type of player that at least warrants the #1 overall pick.
Other Than...
tebownation.jpg
pimp.gif

Any chance Haden drops to the Giants?
frown.gif
...hope he gets caught w/ weed orsomething like that the next few months to hurt his draft stock
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom