:::2011-2012 Houston Texans Fans Thread:::

They are playing against the second team d 
grin.gif

this is pure comedy. the 49ers are so bad. foster getting pulled is good because it lets us see more ben tate, who will take derrick wards spot as the number 2. the owen daniels fumble, thats just a very good defensive play. the defense is looks good with all the pressure on the QB

Originally Posted by tootthatthang

They are playing against the second team d 
grin.gif
At this point they're playing against the 2nd team D. But other than Patrick Willis and Donte Whitner, who do they even have
laugh.gif
?

Troy Nolan made sure he's not an on the bubble guy, the D keeps bringing the heat. Just can't have those fumble during the regular
season like that.

I think this was pretty much a forgone conclusion. The defense was beasting the entire time, and the only real problem was
the was 2 fumbles, and Schaub's opening pick. Jacoby should have caught a couple of those passes, but I feel like I've been
saying that since 2007.

Come the 30th, 25 players will be cut, and I'm just hoping we don't get rid of any gems who could make an impact, especially
Tim Bulman & Bryan Braman. It'll be real interesting to see who's the odd man out as far as the DBs and the RBs.

Some roster updates for today:

8 players waived, including:

- DBs: Antwaun Molden, Antonio Baker, Maurice Rolle, Jason Teague
- LB Matt Marcorelle (also injured), P Brett Hartmann, G Darius Morris, and WR Paul Williams.

Also Texans sign WR Bryant Johnson (03 Cardinals Draft Pick) and Tackle Andrew Gardner (2yr contract)

Some guys were also placed on IR:
- WRs Lestar Jean & Devard Darling
- Guards Kasey Studdard & Shelly Smith

Texans need to by at 80 players by 3pm (not 75 like I had mentioned before)

Arian is trollin'
laugh.gif

@ArianFoster Arian Foster
If I had a "significant injury" why post it? I'll be fine, it was jus meant to make fun of the whole situation. Humor is lost nowadays.

Trindon Holliday FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINALLY getting on the field

I'm sure it was tough to take anything from a 28-0 loss with backups, but I think I can say that it would surprise me if Chris Ogbonnaya didn't replace Steve Slaton
and make the team. Bryant Johnson looked good in there, and a veteran 4th WR doesn't sound too bad, even though I was hoping other WRs would step up. Holliday
made a pretty good showing, just not sure if it was too late to avoid being cut. So I'm still interested to see which WRs & DBs stick, along with the DEs & LBs that
were possibly on the bubble. I'm hoping Bryan Braman and Tim Bulman make the final roster, along with Tim Jamison, but to me he's a lock to make it anyway.

1st 2 Roster Casualties:

- Dorin Dickerson & Damione Lewis

I think Lewis was maybe expendable, mostly cause of his position at the age of 33. I've been waiting for Dickerson to really step up, and even though
he hasn't gotten a whole bunch of chances, he never took the ones he got. I still think with some more patience, he could have been a breakout type
person, but I think the Texans are short on patience (besides with Jacoby Jones).

I'm kind of shocked that Adibi was cut, I thought he looked pretty decent out there. Not great but serviceable as a back up. 

definitely didn't see adibi getting cut, but i assume that means they're gonna look for another D-lineman because they seem to be deep at LB. dickerson was cut as soon as bryant johnson was signed pretty much

I was pretty surprised about Adibi being cut too. He did look good in preseason games until he got that neck stinger, but he even came back from that.
He did get laid the ^@%# out on KR coverage in the last game, and I guess they are pretty loaded anyway. Just lets me know that Bryan Braman will
probably make it.

And in the middle of me typing this, I come across the entire list of waived/released Texans so far today:

[table][tr][td]NAME[/td][td]POS[/td][td]HT[/td][td]WT[/td][td]AGE[/td][td]NFL
EXP
[/td][td]COLLEGE[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xavier Adibi[/td][td]LB[/td][td]6-2[/td][td]242[/td][td]26[/td][td]4[/td][td]Virginia Tech[/td][/tr][tr][td]Scott Albritton[/td][td]LS[/td][td]6-3[/td][td]235[/td][td]23[/td][td]R[/td][td]Colorado State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mister Alexander[/td][td]LB[/td][td]6-3[/td][td]227[/td][td]23[/td][td]R[/td][td]Florida State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Howard Barbieri[/td][td]C[/td][td]6-5[/td][td]300[/td][td]23[/td][td]R[/td][td]Rutgers[/td][/tr][tr][td]Scooter Berry[/td][td]DE[/td][td]6-1[/td][td]285[/td][td]25[/td][td]R[/td][td]West Virginia[/td][/tr][tr][td]Quintin Demps[/td][td]SS[/td][td]5-11[/td][td]206[/td][td]26[/td][td]4[/td][td]UTEP[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dorin Dickerson[/td][td]WR[/td][td]6-4[/td][td]226[/td][td]23[/td][td]2[/td][td]Pittsburgh[/td][/tr][tr][td]Steven Friday[/td][td]LB[/td][td]6-3[/td][td]228[/td][td]25[/td][td]R[/td][td]Virginia Tech[/td][/tr][tr][td]Andrew Gardner[/td][td]G[/td][td]6-6[/td][td]305[/td][td]25[/td][td]2[/td][td]Georgia Tech[/td][/tr][tr][td]John Graves[/td][td]DE[/td][td]6-3[/td][td]286[/td][td]24[/td][td]R[/td][td]Virginia Tech[/td][/tr][tr][td]Pete Hendrickson[/td][td]T[/td][td]6-7[/td][td]304[/td][td]23[/td][td]R[/td][td]Tulane[/td][/tr][tr][td]Anthony Hill[/td][td]TE[/td][td]6-6[/td][td]265[/td][td]26[/td][td]3[/td][td]North Carolina State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Trindon Holliday[/td][td]WR[/td][td]5-5[/td][td]166[/td][td]25[/td][td]2[/td][td]Louisiana State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Shiloh Keo[/td][td]SS[/td][td]6-0[/td][td]224[/td][td]23[/td][td]R[/td][td]Idaho[/td][/tr][tr][td]Stanford Keglar[/td][td]LB[/td][td]6-2[/td][td]250[/td][td]26[/td][td]4[/td][td]Purdue[/td][/tr][tr][td]Matt Marcorelle[/td][td]LB[/td][td]6-2[/td][td]245[/td][td]24[/td][td]R[/td][td]Delaware[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jeff Maehl[/td][td]WR[/td][td]6-0[/td][td]190[/td][td]22[/td][td]R[/td][td]Oregon[/td][/tr][tr][td]Guy Miller[/td][td]DT[/td][td]6-3[/td][td]302[/td][td]23[/td][td]R[/td][td]Colorado State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Chris Ogbonnaya[/td][td]RB[/td][td]6-0[/td][td]225[/td][td]25[/td][td]2[/td][td]Texas[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zac Pauga[/td][td]FB[/td][td]6-1[/td][td]246[/td][td]23[/td][td]R[/td][td]Colorado State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cole Pemberton[/td][td]T[/td][td]6-7[/td][td]315[/td][td]24[/td][td]2[/td][td]Colorado State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Derrick Townsel[/td][td]WR[/td][td]5-9[/td][td]175[/td][td]23[/td][td]2[/td][td]Murray State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cody Wallace[/td][td]G[/td][td]6-4[/td][td]300[/td][td]26[/td][td]3[/td][td]Texas A&M[/td][/tr][tr][td]Javarris Williams[/td][td]RB[/td][td]5-10[/td][td]223[/td][td]25[/td][td]3[/td][td]Tennessee State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Torri Williams[/td][td]S[/td][td]6-2[/td][td]208[/td][td]25[/td][td]2[/td][td]Purdue[/td][/tr][/table]
The Texans have placed the following players on the reserve/injured list:
EXP[/td][td]COLLEGE[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cheta Ozougwu [/td][td]ILB[/td][td]6-2[/td][td]247[/td][td]22[/td][td]R[/td][td]Rice[/td][/tr][tr][td]Terrence Toliver [/td][td]WR[/td][td]6-5[/td][td]203[/td][td]23[/td][td]R[/td][td]Louisiana State[/td][/tr][/table]
The Texans have released the following vested veterans:
EXP[/td][td]COLLEGE[/td][/tr][tr][td]Devard Darling[/td][td]WR[/td][td]6-1[/td][td]215[/td][td]29[/td][td]6[/td][td]Washington State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Damione Lewis[/td][td]DE[/td][td]6-2[/td][td]301[/td][td]33[/td][td]11[/td][td]Miami (Fla.)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Brad Maynard[/td][td]P[/td][td]6-1[/td][td]188[/td][td]37[/td][td]15[/td][td]Ball State[/td][/tr][/table]

[h2][h2]Depth Chart[/h2][/h2][table][tr][td]Offense[/td][/tr][tr][td]Position[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Left Tackle[/td][td]Duane Brown[/td][td]Rashad Butler[/td][td]Derek Newton[/td][/tr][tr][td]Left Guard[/td][td]Wade Smith[/td][td]Thomas Austin[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Center[/td][td]Chris Myers[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Right Guard[/td][td]Mike Brisiel[/td][td]Antoine Caldwell[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Right Tackle[/td][td]Eric Winston[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Wide Receiver[/td][td]Andre Johnson[/td][td]Jacoby Jones[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Wide Receiver[/td][td]Kevin Walter[/td][td]Bryant Johnson[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Running Back[/td][td]Arian Foster[/td][td]Derrick Ward[/td][td]Steve Slaton[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tight End[/td][td]Owen Daniels[/td][td]Joel Dreessen[/td][td]James Casey[/td][/tr][tr][td]Quarterback[/td][td]Matt Schaub[/td][td]Matt Leinart[/td][td]T.J. Yates[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Defense[/td][/tr][tr][td]Position[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Left Defensive End[/td][td]J.J. Watt[/td][td]Tim Jamison[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Nose Tackle[/td][td]Shaun Cody[/td][td]Earl Mitchell[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Right Defensive End[/td][td]Antonio Smith[/td][td]Tim Bulman[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Left Outside Linebacker[/td][td]Connor Barwin[/td][td]Brooks Reed[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Left Inside Linebacker[/td][td]Brian Cushing[/td][td]Darryl Sharpton[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Right Outside Linebacker[/td][td]Mario Williams[/td][td]Bryan Braman[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Right Inside Linebacker[/td][td]DeMeco Ryans[/td][td]Tim Dobbins[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Left Cornerback[/td][td]Kareem Jackson[/td][td]Brice McCain[/td][td]Brandon Harris[/td][/tr][tr][td]Right Cornerback[/td][td]Johnathan Joseph[/td][td]Jason Allen[/td][td]Sherrick McManis[/td][/tr][tr][td]Strong Safety[/td][td]Glover Quin[/td][td]Dominique Barber[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Free Safety[/td][td]Danieal Manning[/td][td]Troy Nolan[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Special Teams[/td][/tr][tr][td]Position[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Kicker[/td][td]Neil Rackers[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Kick-Offs[/td][td]Neil Rackers[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Punter[/td][td]Brett Hartmann[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Kick Returner[/td][td]Danieal Manning[/td][td]Steve Slaton[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Punt Returner[/td][td]Jacoby Jones[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Holder[/td][td]Matt Leinart[/td][/tr][/table]
***Not sure why Ben Tate isn't listed, but I think everybody knows that he's in front of Slaton, and rotating with Ward.  

And it looks like they will have Danieal Manning on KR, so that should vastly improve.

Regressed big time since we first drafted him. Decent in run game, subpar in coverage.

Back
Top Bottom