2011 Air Jordan III (3) Blk/Cement-Grey: Aftermath Thread

Originally Posted by sthebest

I just noticed something about the 2011s that makes me realize they really cut corners with the production: the leather piece right about the elephant print that leads up to the toebox isnt leather, it's freaking vinyl. and the back tab is vinyl too. I knew that the backtab had changed materials but couldnt put my finger on it.
yep, i noticed that and it makes them look cheap as hell.  i don't regret passing on this type of jordan brand garbage.

I just noticed something about the 2011s that makes me realize they really cut corners with the production: the leather piece right about the elephant print that leads up to the toebox isnt leather, it's freaking vinyl. and the back tab is vinyl too. I knew that the backtab had changed materials but couldnt put my finger on it.
yep, i noticed that and it makes them look cheap as hell.  i don't regret passing on this type of jordan brand garbage.

392164_10150975792245487_828925486_21578061_1606735339_n.jpg
My little collection of 3's, Cements are 2008's.

THis started with the 2011 White Cements and True Blues.  2009 Euro True Blues and prior were more of a real leather.  That mudguard piece is completely synthetic and a poor synthetic even by rat hat standards - Seinfeld ref.

THis started with the 2011 White Cements and True Blues.  2009 Euro True Blues and prior were more of a real leather.  That mudguard piece is completely synthetic and a poor synthetic even by rat hat standards - Seinfeld ref.

Originally Posted by mlee21

Originally Posted by 843airmaestro

I received my pair from "Richards" and I've got tumbled leather on one and non-tumbled on the other. Not sure if I'm being too picky, please give me your opinion

Both Toes:

:

Left Shoe:

Right Shoe:

Return those.. That is terrible.
Yeah I'd return these, you're not being picky these are really bad for the price they asked for them. I'd rather risk not having them than looking down and seeing one seriously flawed shoe and I'm really not a fussy person.

Originally Posted by mlee21

Originally Posted by 843airmaestro

I received my pair from "Richards" and I've got tumbled leather on one and non-tumbled on the other. Not sure if I'm being too picky, please give me your opinion

Both Toes:

:

Left Shoe:

Right Shoe:

Return those.. That is terrible.
Yeah I'd return these, you're not being picky these are really bad for the price they asked for them. I'd rather risk not having them than looking down and seeing one seriously flawed shoe and I'm really not a fussy person.

28iyz5j.jpg

That's unfortunate to hear about these cracking already, i had every intention on turning my CDP into beaters when i got these, but it's looking like i might as well keep wearing em casually, since these are bound to crack too.
30t6p3b.gif
These in CDP's in the picture look like that after about 15 wears.

28iyz5j.jpg

That's unfortunate to hear about these cracking already, i had every intention on turning my CDP into beaters when i got these, but it's looking like i might as well keep wearing em casually, since these are bound to crack too.
30t6p3b.gif
These in CDP's in the picture look like that after about 15 wears.

Wow, how did JB know I like my shoes pre-creased? What will they think of next? Pre-stained? BRILLIANT!

16TdT.jpg

Wow, how did JB know I like my shoes pre-creased? What will they think of next? Pre-stained? BRILLIANT!

16TdT.jpg

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

^^ better now than what these have potential to sell for in a couple years
frown.gif

If anything buy the black flips for investment, but I wouldn't count on either.Some of the main reasons these sold so quick was youngins with lots of holiday money and the fact many were too cheap to buy the CDP's.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

^^ better now than what these have potential to sell for in a couple years
frown.gif

If anything buy the black flips for investment, but I wouldn't count on either.Some of the main reasons these sold so quick was youngins with lots of holiday money and the fact many were too cheap to buy the CDP's.

Does Crooked Tongues every provide tracking info?

they gave me order confirmation, but no tracking or shipping information

thanks

Does Crooked Tongues every provide tracking info?

they gave me order confirmation, but no tracking or shipping information

thanks

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

had planned on copping these all along, but at the last minute i decided to pass on these for a worn once '01 pair. after seeing/hearing all these issues, i'm happy i passed. i did grab a pair for my son tho. congrats to all who copped and are happy with their purchase.

125suv6.jpg

1zzgpae.jpg
Done be shocked when your son tugs on your leg and says "Da da  . . . my shoes cracking already".
laugh.gif
 Naw but really I'd love some '01's right now.

My '11 Bl Cements are on point. Like another NTer said no problems over here. Just got lucky. Even my CDP III's didnt even have creases, but they did crack lk a motha tho.

Back
Top Bottom