2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

Funk... c'mon man. Don't do that. 
ohwell.gif

The recipe to beating LSU is simple. Throw short, quick passes. Tyrann Mathieu might possibly be the best cornerback I've seen play college football in a long time, but aside from that freakishly good play he made to end the 1st half, dude has never done anything in short coverage to wow me.

Watching the Oregon, Miss. St., and now WVU games, all 3 had success when they just threw the ball short.

No, you're NOT going to run on a defensive line that can sub 9 guys. And you're not going to throw deep when 1 of those 9 guys is constantly bearing down on your QB.

Florida probably won't get it done, but I don't see Alabama having any problems with LSU.

The recipe to beating LSU is simple. Throw short, quick passes. Tyrann Mathieu might possibly be the best cornerback I've seen play college football in a long time, but aside from that freakishly good play he made to end the 1st half, dude has never done anything in short coverage to wow me.

Watching the Oregon, Miss. St., and now WVU games, all 3 had success when they just threw the ball short.

No, you're NOT going to run on a defensive line that can sub 9 guys. And you're not going to throw deep when 1 of those 9 guys is constantly bearing down on your QB.

Florida probably won't get it done, but I don't see Alabama having any problems with LSU.

Yoooo, see...I wanna go to ASU now. When they span the crowd, the amount of gorgeous females is CRAZY.

I would be in heaven
pimp.gif

Yoooo, see...I wanna go to ASU now. When they span the crowd, the amount of gorgeous females is CRAZY.

I would be in heaven
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by doyung9

Yeah, but for a whole game, that defense would adjust....
I think Bama will have problems, if Richardson doesn't get off it leaves a lot for #10 to do against those corners, but being is Tuscaloosa will probably save them. 

Yeah, but for a whole game, that defense would adjust....
I think Bama will have problems, if Richardson doesn't get off it leaves a lot for #10 to do against those corners, but being is Tuscaloosa will probably save them. 

Originally Posted by Caerus

but I don't see Alabama having any problems with LSU.
Yaaa, okay dude 
laugh.gif
Okay?

Saban is a great coach. He's gonna be ready for LSU. And as far as LSU adjusting to teams throwing short passes to poke holes in their weak secondary, that would just open up the little bit of room you need to actually run, especially if you're not going to be out-athleted (not a real word but you know what I mean) like an SEC school like Alabama would not be, in comparison to a WVU.

I've watched every single LSU game for the last 6-7 years... and it's not because I'm a fan, I just so happened to graduate from there and can't go anywhere on a Saturday without seeing them. They aren't as indestructible as people think, teams just play right into their hands. You're not going to tell me LSU has a bunch of future pro-talents in their defensive backfield. Sorry, not true. Sure, Tyrann Mathieu is going to go to the pros and play, but those other guys. Just better athletes, not better football players.

If Chris Relf from Mississippi St. could actually throw the ball, I think they'd have beat LSU. I'm not saying LSU's some terrible team. They are by far in the top 2 teams in the nation. But they can be beat on defense. Their defensive advantage comes in the form of the d-line. They are simply too strong in the middle, too fast on the outside. But their linebackers aren't otherworldly and neither is the db's outside of Mathieu.

But hey, that's just my opinion. Not like someone just threw for 400+ yards on them this past week or anything.

but I don't see Alabama having any problems with LSU.
Yaaa, okay dude 
laugh.gif
Okay?

Saban is a great coach. He's gonna be ready for LSU. And as far as LSU adjusting to teams throwing short passes to poke holes in their weak secondary, that would just open up the little bit of room you need to actually run, especially if you're not going to be out-athleted (not a real word but you know what I mean) like an SEC school like Alabama would not be, in comparison to a WVU.

I've watched every single LSU game for the last 6-7 years... and it's not because I'm a fan, I just so happened to graduate from there and can't go anywhere on a Saturday without seeing them. They aren't as indestructible as people think, teams just play right into their hands. You're not going to tell me LSU has a bunch of future pro-talents in their defensive backfield. Sorry, not true. Sure, Tyrann Mathieu is going to go to the pros and play, but those other guys. Just better athletes, not better football players.

If Chris Relf from Mississippi St. could actually throw the ball, I think they'd have beat LSU. I'm not saying LSU's some terrible team. They are by far in the top 2 teams in the nation. But they can be beat on defense. Their defensive advantage comes in the form of the d-line. They are simply too strong in the middle, too fast on the outside. But their linebackers aren't otherworldly and neither is the db's outside of Mathieu.

But hey, that's just my opinion. Not like someone just threw for 400+ yards on them this past week or anything.

I would be in heaven
pimp.gif

Yea but based on some of things you post I feel like you might be like 15 so it prolly wouldnt be worth the trip.

Newbs, if I didn't need it to pass time at work I'd cancel my scout subscription. I'm beginning to take your stance on TJB. But I do like Sam Webb and Trieu so I guess it's still worth it.

I would be in heaven
pimp.gif

Yea but based on some of things you post I feel like you might be like 15 so it prolly wouldnt be worth the trip.

Newbs, if I didn't need it to pass time at work I'd cancel my scout subscription. I'm beginning to take your stance on TJB. But I do like Sam Webb and Trieu so I guess it's still worth it.

Back
Top Bottom