2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

laugh.gif
yes

Originally Posted by Caerus

Yoooo, see...I wanna go to ASU now. When they span the crowd, the amount of gorgeous females is CRAZY.

I would be in heaven
pimp.gif

Nah.  ASU is a dump.  No college atmosphere at all and FULL of douchebags.  U of A has similar quality in women (and after all its only a little over an hour to PHX from Tucson), and better academics.

Yoooo, see...I wanna go to ASU now. When they span the crowd, the amount of gorgeous females is CRAZY.

I would be in heaven
pimp.gif

Nah.  ASU is a dump.  No college atmosphere at all and FULL of douchebags.  U of A has similar quality in women (and after all its only a little over an hour to PHX from Tucson), and better academics.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

I would be in heaven
pimp.gif

homer much?

I would be in heaven
pimp.gif

homer much?

I would be in heaven
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
, c'mon man.

Tucson is a dump, no college atmosphere there unless you are from U of A.  Tucson felt like the set of The Walking Dead, no life around.  Tucson just sucked period and the worst part is there is really nowhere to go for miles if you want to go somewhere else.

Tempe was fun, had a blast at Mills Ave and the douchebaggery was less than what I expected.  Had a few "F USC" shouts but that's about all, the "Tempe CC' retort was more than enough to shut them up,
laugh.gif

Tailgating was about the same, ASU has better girls hands down and Mills trumps Tucson easily.  Even though it didn't come into play, Phoenix being a reasonable distance is not a bad Plan B.

Academics: U of A> ASU
Party Scene: U of A < ASU

Based on his post content, RoOk will fit in nicely with the ASU student body...

I would be in heaven
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
, c'mon man.

Tucson is a dump, no college atmosphere there unless you are from U of A.  Tucson felt like the set of The Walking Dead, no life around.  Tucson just sucked period and the worst part is there is really nowhere to go for miles if you want to go somewhere else.

Tempe was fun, had a blast at Mills Ave and the douchebaggery was less than what I expected.  Had a few "F USC" shouts but that's about all, the "Tempe CC' retort was more than enough to shut them up,
laugh.gif

Tailgating was about the same, ASU has better girls hands down and Mills trumps Tucson easily.  Even though it didn't come into play, Phoenix being a reasonable distance is not a bad Plan B.

Academics: U of A> ASU
Party Scene: U of A < ASU

5am6oody -

Thanks for posting that breakdown.  Funny that you see it that way, I've only seen bits and pieces of VT this season to be honest but my concern is OUR special teams.  Not used to seeing anything negative about VT's special teams...I've actually been saying I think y'all will win a close one and it'll be decided by that: a kick or punt blocked, missed FG, kick return or something.  Ours have been pretty awful so far aside from our punter and he got demolished on Sat.

Everyone knows VT hasn't played anyone worth a damn so far, do you think the offensive staff is holding anything back since we're the first decent team you play/conference game?  Of course, it is Mike O'Cain...  Clemson was getting criticized close games against Troy & Wofford but it was pretty clear we were VERY vanilla in the first two games with a brand new offense.  Really confident in our OC, Chad Morris and the players but our run blocking has been really weak so far.  Nothing doing up the middle at all.

Our defense:  I'm not even sure what to think.  We can look solid at times, secondary play has been really shaky overall though, giving up a ton of big pass plays.  If we can limit them on Saturday, we'll be in good shape.  Definitely makes me feel a little better to hear Logan Thomas hasn't been too accurate.  I'd like to think we'll sell out to stop the run but I don't know if Steele can have enough faith in what he's seen our of our secondary.  We lost 3 long-time starters from last year and it shows.

My prediction is 31-30, VT.  4 games at home to start, not easy to have our first away game at night in Lane Stadium.  I think that'll be the difference, I think we'd win in "Death Valley, South Carolina, baby....Woooooooooo!" 

5am6oody -

Thanks for posting that breakdown.  Funny that you see it that way, I've only seen bits and pieces of VT this season to be honest but my concern is OUR special teams.  Not used to seeing anything negative about VT's special teams...I've actually been saying I think y'all will win a close one and it'll be decided by that: a kick or punt blocked, missed FG, kick return or something.  Ours have been pretty awful so far aside from our punter and he got demolished on Sat.

Everyone knows VT hasn't played anyone worth a damn so far, do you think the offensive staff is holding anything back since we're the first decent team you play/conference game?  Of course, it is Mike O'Cain...  Clemson was getting criticized close games against Troy & Wofford but it was pretty clear we were VERY vanilla in the first two games with a brand new offense.  Really confident in our OC, Chad Morris and the players but our run blocking has been really weak so far.  Nothing doing up the middle at all.

Our defense:  I'm not even sure what to think.  We can look solid at times, secondary play has been really shaky overall though, giving up a ton of big pass plays.  If we can limit them on Saturday, we'll be in good shape.  Definitely makes me feel a little better to hear Logan Thomas hasn't been too accurate.  I'd like to think we'll sell out to stop the run but I don't know if Steele can have enough faith in what he's seen our of our secondary.  We lost 3 long-time starters from last year and it shows.

My prediction is 31-30, VT.  4 games at home to start, not easy to have our first away game at night in Lane Stadium.  I think that'll be the difference, I think we'd win in "Death Valley, South Carolina, baby....Woooooooooo!" 

laugh.gif

And it looks like that report of that WVU fans assaulting LSU fans is true.
30t6p3b.gif
WVU mod was on Cincy's board denying it hard initially, saying that the Police Dept. and hospitals had no reports of the incident. Another black eye for WVU as they seek to join another conference.

laugh.gif

And it looks like that report of that WVU fans assaulting LSU fans is true.
30t6p3b.gif
WVU mod was on Cincy's board denying it hard initially, saying that the Police Dept. and hospitals had no reports of the incident. Another black eye for WVU as they seek to join another conference.

I didn't hit Mill Ave. too much this trip. We went to Mellow Mushroom a couple hours after the game, but some other places on Mill looked packed. I could have used some cheap LITs from Cue Club, but after a big Friday night, it was probably better to keep it low key. I was staying right in Old Town, which was awesome. Iron Man you should gone out around that way. Definitely an older crowd being recent post grad to late 20s, but the talent out there is ridiculous.

I'm thinking Waste(d) Management Open this coming February is going down. I've heard great things about it.

Still bummed about the UNC game though. Looking at GTs schedule I can see them making a pretty good run up until the Miami or Clemson game. They don't play either of them until late October, so they could potentially be 7-0 or 8-0 before their schedule starts to pick up.

I'll be interested to see what happens with Clemson and VT. I haven't seen VT at all this season and I've seen Clemson a couple times. Their O has been on point, but as DDot pointed out first road game of the year could pose some problems, especially in Lane Stadium. I'll be rooting for Clemson for Coastal standings reasons, but Idk if they have enough to pull it off.

I didn't hit Mill Ave. too much this trip. We went to Mellow Mushroom a couple hours after the game, but some other places on Mill looked packed. I could have used some cheap LITs from Cue Club, but after a big Friday night, it was probably better to keep it low key. I was staying right in Old Town, which was awesome. Iron Man you should gone out around that way. Definitely an older crowd being recent post grad to late 20s, but the talent out there is ridiculous.

I'm thinking Waste(d) Management Open this coming February is going down. I've heard great things about it.

Still bummed about the UNC game though. Looking at GTs schedule I can see them making a pretty good run up until the Miami or Clemson game. They don't play either of them until late October, so they could potentially be 7-0 or 8-0 before their schedule starts to pick up.

I'll be interested to see what happens with Clemson and VT. I haven't seen VT at all this season and I've seen Clemson a couple times. Their O has been on point, but as DDot pointed out first road game of the year could pose some problems, especially in Lane Stadium. I'll be rooting for Clemson for Coastal standings reasons, but Idk if they have enough to pull it off.

I'm not going to sit here and argue for ASU's academics in general, but between ASU and UofA, they are essentially even these days.

#124 and #132 in the latest U.S. News rankings and ASU has ranked in the top 10 for up-and-coming schools each of the last 3 years.  As w/ most schools, it all depends on what you are studying.  ASU actually has very solid B School (that's all that matters to me).
ASU is a dump.
Not sure if serious?
No college atmosphere at all
Because it's not in the middle of nowhere and Phoenix is right next door? Oh.
laugh.gif

FULL of douchebags. 
I'm not gonna lie, this is true for the most part.  You just have to work it to your advantage.
the amount of gorgeous females is CRAZY.

I would be in heaven
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

I'm not going to sit here and argue for ASU's academics in general, but between ASU and UofA, they are essentially even these days.

#124 and #132 in the latest U.S. News rankings and ASU has ranked in the top 10 for up-and-coming schools each of the last 3 years.  As w/ most schools, it all depends on what you are studying.  ASU actually has very solid B School (that's all that matters to me).
ASU is a dump.
Not sure if serious?
No college atmosphere at all
Because it's not in the middle of nowhere and Phoenix is right next door? Oh.
laugh.gif

FULL of douchebags. 
I'm not gonna lie, this is true for the most part.  You just have to work it to your advantage.
the amount of gorgeous females is CRAZY.

I would be in heaven
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom