2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

Originally Posted by ATLfootballer

Originally Posted by doyung9

Originally Posted by Caerus

Yaaa, okay dude 
laugh.gif
Okay?

Saban is a great coach. He's gonna be ready for LSU. And as far as LSU adjusting to teams throwing short passes to poke holes in their weak secondary, that would just open up the little bit of room you need to actually run, especially if you're not going to be out-athleted (not a real word but you know what I mean) like an SEC school like Alabama would not be, in comparison to a WVU.

I've watched every single LSU game for the last 6-7 years... and it's not because I'm a fan, I just so happened to graduate from there and can't go anywhere on a Saturday without seeing them. They aren't as indestructible as people think, teams just play right into their hands. You're not going to tell me LSU has a bunch of future pro-talents in their defensive backfield. Sorry, not true. Sure, Tyrann Mathieu is going to go to the pros and play, but those other guys. Just better athletes, not better football players.

If Chris Relf from Mississippi St. could actually throw the ball, I think they'd have beat LSU. I'm not saying LSU's some terrible team. They are by far in the top 2 teams in the nation. But they can be beat on defense. Their defensive advantage comes in the form of the d-line. They are simply too strong in the middle, too fast on the outside. But their linebackers aren't otherworldly and neither is the db's outside of Mathieu.

But hey, that's just my opinion. Not like someone just threw for 400+ yards on them this past week or anything.

You can't possibly tell me that you watch every LSU game then say something like no DB outside of Mathieu is a playmaker... Did you not see what Mo Claiborne did last year when teams didn't throw at Peterson?? Some teams even threw more at Peterson than they did Claiborne.... Claiborne is a baller and will be drafted higher than Mathieu.
Sorry, I just don't agree. And nobody is throwing at Claiborne more than Petersen. I'd love to see who did that. Seriously, not sarcastically. And if Claiborne and Mathieu come out the same year, no sir, no indeed, he will NOT be drafted higher than Mathieu.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Yaaa, okay dude 
laugh.gif
Okay?

Saban is a great coach. He's gonna be ready for LSU. And as far as LSU adjusting to teams throwing short passes to poke holes in their weak secondary, that would just open up the little bit of room you need to actually run, especially if you're not going to be out-athleted (not a real word but you know what I mean) like an SEC school like Alabama would not be, in comparison to a WVU.

I've watched every single LSU game for the last 6-7 years... and it's not because I'm a fan, I just so happened to graduate from there and can't go anywhere on a Saturday without seeing them. They aren't as indestructible as people think, teams just play right into their hands. You're not going to tell me LSU has a bunch of future pro-talents in their defensive backfield. Sorry, not true. Sure, Tyrann Mathieu is going to go to the pros and play, but those other guys. Just better athletes, not better football players.

If Chris Relf from Mississippi St. could actually throw the ball, I think they'd have beat LSU. I'm not saying LSU's some terrible team. They are by far in the top 2 teams in the nation. But they can be beat on defense. Their defensive advantage comes in the form of the d-line. They are simply too strong in the middle, too fast on the outside. But their linebackers aren't otherworldly and neither is the db's outside of Mathieu.

But hey, that's just my opinion. Not like someone just threw for 400+ yards on them this past week or anything.

You can't possibly tell me that you watch every LSU game then say something like no DB outside of Mathieu is a playmaker... Did you not see what Mo Claiborne did last year when teams didn't throw at Peterson?? Some teams even threw more at Peterson than they did Claiborne.... Claiborne is a baller and will be drafted higher than Mathieu.
Sorry, I just don't agree. And nobody is throwing at Claiborne more than Petersen. I'd love to see who did that. Seriously, not sarcastically. And if Claiborne and Mathieu come out the same year, no sir, no indeed, he will NOT be drafted higher than Mathieu.

ASU would be aight if it weren't full of douchebags. (That, and the colors. Seems minor at first but having to rep those piss and +$%! colors the rest of your life would suck)

Ironman, I've heard enough of your Tucson bashing.
laugh.gif

ASU would be aight if it weren't full of douchebags. (That, and the colors. Seems minor at first but having to rep those piss and +$%! colors the rest of your life would suck)

Ironman, I've heard enough of your Tucson bashing.
laugh.gif

Caught a break with the LSU game being the CBS 3:30 game.

Still don't expect to win but Death Valley at Night>>>>>>>>Death Valley during the day.

Still don't expect to win but Death Valley at Night>>>>>>>>Death Valley during the day.

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

5am6oody -

Thanks for posting that breakdown.  Funny that you see it that way, I've only seen bits and pieces of VT this season to be honest but my concern is OUR special teams.  Not used to seeing anything negative about VT's special teams...I've actually been saying I think y'all will win a close one and it'll be decided by that: a kick or punt blocked, missed FG, kick return or something.  Ours have been pretty awful so far aside from our punter and he got demolished on Sat.

Everyone knows VT hasn't played anyone worth a damn so far, do you think the offensive staff is holding anything back since we're the first decent team you play/conference game?  Of course, it is Mike O'Cain...  Clemson was getting criticized close games against Troy & Wofford but it was pretty clear we were VERY vanilla in the first two games with a brand new offense.  Really confident in our OC, Chad Morris and the players but our run blocking has been really weak so far.  Nothing doing up the middle at all.

Our defense:  I'm not even sure what to think.  We can look solid at times, secondary play has been really shaky overall though, giving up a ton of big pass plays.  If we can limit them on Saturday, we'll be in good shape.  Definitely makes me feel a little better to hear Logan Thomas hasn't been too accurate.  I'd like to think we'll sell out to stop the run but I don't know if Steele can have enough faith in what he's seen our of our secondary.  We lost 3 long-time starters from last year and it shows.

My prediction is 31-30, VT.  4 games at home to start, not easy to have our first away game at night in Lane Stadium.  I think that'll be the difference, I think we'd win in "Death Valley, South Carolina, baby....Woooooooooo!" 
I think we've kept it pretty vanilla because we have a new QB more so than we are holding stuff back til conference games, though I am told that's part of it as well. I can't imagine they'll be too creative on Saturday given where LT is as a passer, hopefully they'll call better running plays for Wilson if anything.
As far as the crowd goes I read that Morris is the one who makes the call once everybody's lined up, so that combined with the quick tempo and I don't think the crowd noise will be too much of an issue unfortunately. I really don't think we'll score 31 points man
laugh.gif
Unless we get a pick 6 and a KO return or something. 

5am6oody -

Thanks for posting that breakdown.  Funny that you see it that way, I've only seen bits and pieces of VT this season to be honest but my concern is OUR special teams.  Not used to seeing anything negative about VT's special teams...I've actually been saying I think y'all will win a close one and it'll be decided by that: a kick or punt blocked, missed FG, kick return or something.  Ours have been pretty awful so far aside from our punter and he got demolished on Sat.

Everyone knows VT hasn't played anyone worth a damn so far, do you think the offensive staff is holding anything back since we're the first decent team you play/conference game?  Of course, it is Mike O'Cain...  Clemson was getting criticized close games against Troy & Wofford but it was pretty clear we were VERY vanilla in the first two games with a brand new offense.  Really confident in our OC, Chad Morris and the players but our run blocking has been really weak so far.  Nothing doing up the middle at all.

Our defense:  I'm not even sure what to think.  We can look solid at times, secondary play has been really shaky overall though, giving up a ton of big pass plays.  If we can limit them on Saturday, we'll be in good shape.  Definitely makes me feel a little better to hear Logan Thomas hasn't been too accurate.  I'd like to think we'll sell out to stop the run but I don't know if Steele can have enough faith in what he's seen our of our secondary.  We lost 3 long-time starters from last year and it shows.

My prediction is 31-30, VT.  4 games at home to start, not easy to have our first away game at night in Lane Stadium.  I think that'll be the difference, I think we'd win in "Death Valley, South Carolina, baby....Woooooooooo!" 
I think we've kept it pretty vanilla because we have a new QB more so than we are holding stuff back til conference games, though I am told that's part of it as well. I can't imagine they'll be too creative on Saturday given where LT is as a passer, hopefully they'll call better running plays for Wilson if anything.
As far as the crowd goes I read that Morris is the one who makes the call once everybody's lined up, so that combined with the quick tempo and I don't think the crowd noise will be too much of an issue unfortunately. I really don't think we'll score 31 points man
laugh.gif

Okay?

Teams will not draft a playmaking nickel higher than they will draft a a shutdown corner, not gonna happen.... and yes Claiborne is shutdown. Mathieu isn't as productive on the outside as he is playing inside and that's a fact.

Okay?

Teams will not draft a playmaking nickel higher than they will draft a a shutdown corner, not gonna happen.... and yes Claiborne is shutdown. Mathieu isn't as productive on the outside as he is playing inside and that's a fact.

Can't we just agree that their secondary as a whole is nasty and no one wants to throw at any of them?

media_42a66ec6370947d192e4d8b89cdd490d_t607.jpg

Can't we just agree that their secondary as a whole is nasty and no one wants to throw at any of them?

media_42a66ec6370947d192e4d8b89cdd490d_t607.jpg

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

5am6oody -

laugh.gif
Gotcha.  That's what I was saying though, part of it is I wouldn't be surprised to see you get points of special teams or at least them putting you in a position to score.  Most predictions I saw had the FSU game in the low 20s based on offense/defense matchups, we're REALLY susceptible to big plays on defense too, though they've just about all been big passing plays.  Wofford completed 2 passes...for like 120 yards or something crazy.  Even if Logan Thomas isn't accurate, I can see it happening.  The HUNH offense puts a little more stress on our defense too, not giving them a lot of rest if we don't sustain long drives.
Hopefully it's a good game, you going?

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

5am6oody -

laugh.gif
Gotcha.  That's what I was saying though, part of it is I wouldn't be surprised to see you get points of special teams or at least them putting you in a position to score.  Most predictions I saw had the FSU game in the low 20s based on offense/defense matchups, we're REALLY susceptible to big plays on defense too, though they've just about all been big passing plays.  Wofford completed 2 passes...for like 120 yards or something crazy.  Even if Logan Thomas isn't accurate, I can see it happening.  The HUNH offense puts a little more stress on our defense too, not giving them a lot of rest if we don't sustain long drives.
Hopefully it's a good game, you going?

Cardo or DLo, Derek Owens any good? He might end up at Cincy if he can get accepted and enrolled in time.

Cardo or DLo, Derek Owens any good? He might end up at Cincy if he can get accepted and enrolled in time.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Whew...game chances went from 0% up to 10% thanks for the sun CBS.

You going to be at the game Sat? I'm coming up to tailgate and harass my home state peoples.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Whew...game chances went from 0% up to 10% thanks for the sun CBS.

You going to be at the game Sat? I'm coming up to tailgate and harass my home state peoples.

Back
Top Bottom