2011 Hyundai Sonata Vol. R.I.P Camry, Accord, Altima, Mazda 6 etc.

If they would have made the concept they'd be on to something but IMO the Sonata screams Camry

Originally Posted by JD617

2dj76mr.jpg

Wake me up when Hyundai does something original.

R.I.P Camry, Accord, Altima, Mazda 6 etc.
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. hyundai > your car.

2011 Hyundai Sonata

Body by VW & BMW
Interior by Lexus (2009 RX) & Cadillac (current CTS)

I guess, just like Lexus, Hyundai will shamelessly rip off the competition until it gains its own footing. That's really the way to do it, right? Learn therules before you know them well enough break them . . .

I'm talking about styling. There's nothing original about the Equus or Genesis.
Sounds like you know nothing about the auto industry, the word "originality" was kill years ago. Everybody copies or has similar stylingcues, Hyundai just takes the best parts of it and recently turns out to make great looking cars.

If they made the interior more comfortable I would place it in the realm of consideration.

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

How is it a rip off of the CC's design?

Look past the headlights, the whole rest of the body is practically the same.

Koopa2410 wrote:
JD617 wrote:
2dj76mr.jpg

Wake me up when Hyundai does something original.

R.I.P Camry, Accord, Altima, Mazda 6 etc.
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. hyundai > your car.

What? You don't even know what I drive. I didn't realize your feelings got hurt in S&T last night, but you can stop quoting me now.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Seriously, it's still a Hyundai and it still sucks.
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Yall need to open up a little bit. Hyundai is on the come up. Quit bringing up the issue if Hyundai is "stealing" other designs. Theres things calledinspirations, go look up certain Chinese car companys, now those are robberies.
laugh.gif

15_10_hyundai_sonata.jpg

Now that is dope.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Sounds like you know nothing about the auto industry, the word "originality" was kill years ago. Everybody copies or has similar styling cues, Hyundai just takes the best parts of it and recently turns out to make great looking cars.

I know a thing or two about the auto industry, pal. Like I said earlier, you can look at just about any other auto company and see similar themes in theirmodel lineup. Of course there are gonna be some similarities between brands, as we've seen with BMW's "Bangle butt" becoming popular. That isnot the case with Hyundai. They literally just mix and match design cues from other companies without adding anything of their own.

Sounds like you know nothing about the auto industry, the word "originality" was kill years ago. Everybody copies or has similar styling cues, Hyundai just takes the best parts of it and recently turns out to make great looking cars.

I know a thing or two about the auto industry, pal. Like I said earlier, you can look at just about any other auto company and see similar themes in their model lineup. Of course there are gonna be some similarities between brands, as we've seen with BMW's "Bangle butt" becoming popular. That is not the case with Hyundai. They literally just mix and match design cues from other companies without adding anything of their own.
They dont add anything of their own? So you are saying they literally, take the exact same shape of other cars, mix and match it with other exactsame parts of other cars, and come up with designs? These aint Spizikes.
laugh.gif

They may take inspiration from other cars, but they certainly add their own twist to it.

laugh.gif
at all these Hyundai haters.

Originally Posted by Diego

Price?
"The Sonata will set a new standard for world class mid-size sedans with state-of-the-art technology, superior build quality and emotional design," said Hyundai's vice chairman, Euisun Chung. "The new Sonata will raise Hyundai's brand values." With a manufacturer-estimated base price around $17,600 to $21,450 and available options such as rear heated seats,

Like the current model, I would expect mid 20's for the v6 w/ all options.

damn...this joint might be EVERYWHERE soon....

That's nice as hell, everyone has to agree that the grill and the hood ripple is unique and a first.

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

When companies make mid-range priced vehicles nowadays there is hardly any change compared to the previous model (in most cases).

Let Hyundai live.

Most companies have a design language that they use for their lineup. Hyundai just rips off different styling elements of different cars and makes a mashup.

I know they have great value compared to the competition, they have great warranties, blah blah blah. But the fact is, until they get some original styling I'm not buying one.
son trippin about da most erroneous thing about da car......
laugh.gif

They dont add anything of their own? So you are saying they literally, take the exact same shape of other cars, mix and match it with other exact same parts of other cars, and come up with designs? These aint Spizikes.
laugh.gif

They may take inspiration from other cars, but they certainly add their own twist to it.

laugh.gif
at all these Hyundai haters.

If that is just an "inspiration" to you, you must have a REALLY liberal definition of that word.

Btw, I just came across this article on C&D. Looks like I'm not the only one who noticed the blatant CC ripoff.

After the Genesis, which is a bold product draped in drab sheetmetal, and the Genesis Coupe, which looks good but also a bit too much like the underwhelming Tiburon, here, finally, is the Hyundai that really is going to stop people in their tracks. And it will wear the everyday Sonata badge.
While the actual design of the 2011 Hyundai Sonata largely appears to be a 3-D Xerox of the Volkswagen CC, Hyundai seems to have been peering over Mazda's shoulder when it drafted the car's stylistic philosophy of "fluidic sculpture," which it says is inspired by nature and "tries to reflect sophistication and dynamism in the shape of the vehicle." Regardless of cues, inspiration, or wholesale design theft, there is no arguing that the shape is dramatic, whether wearing a VW badge or the stylized Hyundai "H." The surprising design continues inside, with a handsome, upscale blend of materials, colors, and swoopy, modern shapes.

High-Tech and High-Luxe

Hyundai promises a comprehensive technological roster, including standard stability control and hill-start assist-although we don't understand why people need this when the standard transmission is a six-speed automatic-as well as a brake-assist system and adjustable dampers. Available luxury equipment will include a three-piece panoramic sunroof and heated seats front and rear.

Also new is the Sonata's onboard telematics system-think Korean OnStar. Emergency-notification and anti-theft tracking functions are free for the first two years, but maintenance-monitoring and -alert capabilities are probably going to cost extra.

In Korea, power will come from a 2.0-liter four-cylinder making 163 hp. Our standard motor in the U.S. will be a larger, 2.4-liter four with direct injection and unspecified output we predict will be around 190 hp. Production of the 2011 Hyundai Sonata for U.S. consumption will begin early in 2010 at the company's factory in Alabama, with deliveries to commence shortly thereafter. Although the Sonata's sheetmetal might ape the nearly $30,000 Volkswagen CC, its price, thankfully, will not. Hyundai says pricing will begin at the equivalent of $17,600 in Korea, and we expect that won't change much when it hits American dealerships.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car/09q3/2011_hyundai_sonata_-official_photos_and_info

It's gonna take a lot more years before Hyundai becomes as acceptable as Honda and Toyota.

Back
Top Bottom