2011 Hyundai Sonata Vol. R.I.P Camry, Accord, Altima, Mazda 6 etc.

where u not seein any kinda value in this car is performance...its a weakling with a sexi exterior....

Originally Posted by ninjahood

where u not seein any kinda value in this car is performance...its a weakling with a sexi exterior....
True but nobody copps a Sonata for performance. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but Hyundai is using the World Engine still (co-produce byMitsubishi)? If so that's the same engine that powers the Eclipse, it's a 3.8L v6 that gives you 263hp, not bad for a car in the mid 20s. Although ifyou need more, just reup to the Genesis, 290hp v6 or 375hp v8.

Originally Posted by JD617

2dj76mr.jpg

Wake me up when Hyundai does something original.

R.I.P Camry, Accord, Altima, Mazda 6 etc.
indifferent.gif

Cosign everything.

Hyundai = mediocre copies of successful models. i.e. G35 and S-class for the Genesis coupe and sedan respectively.

Hyundai has no brand identity.
I retract my statement. Hyundai has begun to brand themselves as the company that sells cheaper imitations of top selling vehicles.
The "I can't afford car X, but I want to look like I can afford car X" is their target consumer. J/k
grin.gif

But in all seriousness, Hyundai really seems to adopting this philosophy: If you can't beat them, copy them.

What will they copy next?

Hyundai has stepped their game up the past few years. The current model Sonata drives better than my boys CTS, it looks pretty nice IMO, has a great warranty,and is affordable. This one looks great IMO and if the situation present itself, I'd get this over an Altima or Camry (and I like the Camry)

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Hyundai has stepped their game up the past few years. The current model Sonata drives better than my boys CTS, it looks pretty nice IMO, has a great warranty, and is affordable. This one looks great IMO and if the situation present itself, I'd get this over an Altima or Camry (and I like the Camry)
For such a nice looking car outside, the Camry has such an outdated interior. Its downright boring and the weakest out of its competitors.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by JD617

I'm talking about styling. There's nothing original about the Equus or Genesis.
Sounds like you know nothing about the auto industry, the word "originality" was kill years ago. Everybody copies or has similar styling cues, Hyundai just takes the best parts of it and recently turns out to make great looking cars.
QFT, first the genesis now this, Hyundai is making people rethink there cars, rethink KFC and Hyundai should do a collaboration rethink them both.

Originally Posted by raburns04

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by raburns04

2011 Hyundai Sonata

Body by VW & BMW
Interior by Lexus (2009 RX) & Cadillac (current CTS)

I guess, just like Lexus, Hyundai will shamelessly rip off the competition until it gains its own footing. That's really the way to do it, right? Learn the rules before you know them well enough break them . . .
Lexus? Really?

That Q pointed at the first or second reference?
Second...

cosign JD617. my friend drives an accent its GARBAGE. The interior is what-the-eff cheap like wow.
Besides the fact that the CC and CLS are both 4 door coupes, there's nothing similar between the two.. like are you serious?
and 10 peice you clearly have affection for hyundai and it beats me why the hell you would, but if you don't think the rear end is g35/altima coupe"inspired" then youre in denial lol that is all.
bottom line is, the new sonata is a camry solara front end + a4 rear end. sigh hyundai.

Originally Posted by ohBURRRR

cosign JD617. my friend drives an accent its GARBAGE. The interior is what-the-eff cheap like wow.
Besides the fact that the CC and CLS are both 4 door coupes, there's nothing similar between the two.. like are you serious?
and 10 peice you clearly have affection for hyundai and it beats me why the hell you would, but if you don't think the rear end is g35/altima coupe "inspired" then youre in denial lol that is all.
bottom line is, the new sonata is a camry solara front end + a4 rear end. sigh hyundai.
Just talking about the Accent part... Come on man, it's an Accent. What do you expect from a car that starts new at under $10K... Really cheapcar = cheap interior for sure.

Keep in mind ex Audi design head Peter Schreyer, the visionary behind the cult Audi TT and VW New Beetle, is now chief designer at Hyundai/Kia. The archingroofline is the same as the CLS and CC

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Hyundai needs to redesign it's emblem. People still think bad thoughts when they see that H.

agreed. I saw a pic of a debadged Genesis with the winged "Genesis" badges in place. it looked
pimp.gif

its still a Hyundai ppl, a car isnt sneakers, just because it LOOKs nice wont mean its reliable, I still see 94 Camrys and Accords in the streets.

Back
Top Bottom