2011 NEW YORK GIANTS SEASON: SUPERBOWL (Draft RB David Wilson, WR Rueben Randle, CB Jayron Hosley)

I think as of now the GMen can start making their picks to fill in O-linemen and LB depth the rest of the way. I like our defense getting younger and younger.
pimp.gif

Surprised Massie is still available.

I think as of now the GMen can start making their picks to fill in O-linemen and LB depth the rest of the way. I like our defense getting younger and younger.
pimp.gif

Surprised Massie is still available.

B+ ? $$!# is an A right now when you combine what the 3 can do and how much they can help.

Randle is a big WR who made big plays with no QB at his school, the trio WR threat along with our 2 backs.....we go from contending team to repeat... to scary. Could use an extra offensive linemen though. GMen have 32nd and 36th picks in 4th round.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]

B+ ? $$!# is an A right now when you combine what the 3 can do and how much they can help.

Randle is a big WR who made big plays with no QB at his school, the trio WR threat along with our 2 backs.....we go from contending team to repeat... to scary. Could use an extra offensive linemen though. GMen have 32nd and 36th picks in 4th round.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]

I've got to say I'm a bit disappointed by our picks thus far (excluding Hosley).

We could've picked Fleener in the first and we could've traded up in the 2nd to make a move for LeMichael James.

Instead we reach for a RB in first, and we nab an incredibly raw, project WR in the 2nd (as if we don't already have a couple project WRs on the payroll).

Uncharacteristically poor picks by our front-office IMO. However, I'm very pleased with the Jayron Hosley pick. 
Here's hoping I'm wrong about Wilson and Randle. 

I've got to say I'm a bit disappointed by our picks thus far (excluding Hosley).

We could've picked Fleener in the first and we could've traded up in the 2nd to make a move for LeMichael James.

Instead we reach for a RB in first, and we nab an incredibly raw, project WR in the 2nd (as if we don't already have a couple project WRs on the payroll).

Uncharacteristically poor picks by our front-office IMO. However, I'm very pleased with the Jayron Hosley pick. 

What's up with Massie? He was projected late 1st, and now he's available in the 4th rd...me and Mez were hoping to snag him in the 2nd, then all of a sudden he's available at the 3rd round pick and still not taken...hmmm fishy...

we have to get a big OL

What's up with Massie? He was projected late 1st, and now he's available in the 4th rd...me and Mez were hoping to snag him in the 2nd, then all of a sudden he's available at the 3rd round pick and still not taken...hmmm fishy...

we have to get a big OL

what do you guys think?

2012 DRAFT PICKS
RDPK(OVR)PLAYERPOSSCHOOL
132(32)D. WilsonRBVirginia Tech
231(63)R. RandleWRLSU
331(94)J. Hosley-Virginia Tech
432(127)A. RobinsonTECincinnati
436(131)B. MosleyOTAuburn
631(201)M. MccantsOTUAB
732(239)M. KuhnDTNorth Carolina State

what do you guys think?

2012 DRAFT PICKS
RDPK(OVR)PLAYERPOSSCHOOL
132(32)D. WilsonRBVirginia Tech
231(63)R. RandleWRLSU
331(94)J. Hosley-Virginia Tech
432(127)A. RobinsonTECincinnati
436(131)B. MosleyOTAuburn
631(201)M. MccantsOTUAB
732(239)M. KuhnDTNorth Carolina State

Great draft IMO< picks 2 and 3 were def steals, 1 was a bit of a reach but we needed a RB.

Great draft IMO< picks 2 and 3 were def steals, 1 was a bit of a reach but we needed a RB.

Pretty satisfied with the picks. Thought the needs were OL, RB, WR, TE and we got someone in each of those spots who could potentially start one day.

I wanted a starting OT RD1 (Jonathan Martin), but looks like we got another guy who's a lot like Bradshaw, but possibly more explosive. Hopefully he doesn't have the injury issues AB does. I'm not sure how much I liked the Randle pick (I was hoping for Massie there too, must be something they didn't like when they scouted him) only bc he didn't do much in college and his measurables weren't great, but you could blame the awful LSU QBs on his numbers. Hosley I think was a great pick, and considering Webster and TT would both be making 7 mil next year if we keep both, can never hurt to get some starting-potential CBs on rookie contracts, especially with the way they're throwing money at CBs these days. Rest of the draft was solid, get some guys who either have upside or can fill a need.

My biggest concern this year is the o-line. I don't know who plays where this year, and if it's good enough. Eli got killed during several games this year (49ers in NFC conf., Eagles at home) and it doesn't seem like we did anything but let Beatty get healthy. Plus the run blocking was horrible. Looks like we're going in with:
LT: Beatty, McCants
LG: Petrus, Hosley
C: Baas, Boothe
RG: Snee
RT: Diehl, Brewer, Locklear

Hope that's good enough to block Cole/Cox/Jenkins/Babin...

Pretty satisfied with the picks. Thought the needs were OL, RB, WR, TE and we got someone in each of those spots who could potentially start one day.

I wanted a starting OT RD1 (Jonathan Martin), but looks like we got another guy who's a lot like Bradshaw, but possibly more explosive. Hopefully he doesn't have the injury issues AB does. I'm not sure how much I liked the Randle pick (I was hoping for Massie there too, must be something they didn't like when they scouted him) only bc he didn't do much in college and his measurables weren't great, but you could blame the awful LSU QBs on his numbers. Hosley I think was a great pick, and considering Webster and TT would both be making 7 mil next year if we keep both, can never hurt to get some starting-potential CBs on rookie contracts, especially with the way they're throwing money at CBs these days. Rest of the draft was solid, get some guys who either have upside or can fill a need.

My biggest concern this year is the o-line. I don't know who plays where this year, and if it's good enough. Eli got killed during several games this year (49ers in NFC conf., Eagles at home) and it doesn't seem like we did anything but let Beatty get healthy. Plus the run blocking was horrible. Looks like we're going in with:
LT: Beatty, McCants
LG: Petrus, Hosley
C: Baas, Boothe
RG: Snee
RT: Diehl, Brewer, Locklear

Hope that's good enough to block Cole/Cox/Jenkins/Babin...

O-line overall I thought was excellent at pass protection, even though Eli had to keep some plays alive. ...and the 49ers have monsters up front so its easy to contain them for the duration of the game. We just need them to improve on the running game, there were barely any holes for Bradshaw/Jacobs to run through.
Wilson is FAR more explosive and faster than Bradshaw, he will take a lot of snaps.

O-line overall I thought was excellent at pass protection, even though Eli had to keep some plays alive. ...and the 49ers have monsters up front so its easy to contain them for the duration of the game. We just need them to improve on the running game, there were barely any holes for Bradshaw/Jacobs to run through.
Wilson is FAR more explosive and faster than Bradshaw, he will take a lot of snaps.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

I think we reached w/ Wilson also, but I don't liek LeMichael James (too easy to tackle, doesn't run hard btwn tackles or after contact) on this team, Wilson was arguably the top RB we could get, and TE wasn't a pressing need imo. Giants like big blocking TE's that can make some plays occasionally, whereas Fleener is more of a Jimmy Graham type (although Beckum is also, so maybe I'm wrong although Beckum didn't see the field as much as Ballard, and that should be a sign). With Pascoe, Bennett, and hopefully either Beckum or Ballard coming back, a guy who'd likely be playing as the 2nd or 3rd TE isn't as big a need as a flanker who lets Cruz stay in the slot. TE also not as important as a rb w/ feature back potential, considering Ahmad's history of injuries. I actually don't think, from what i read, Randle is a 'raw' WR. If anything he's more of a polished, solid player that has a knock on him bc he lacks major upside without the measurable speed/explosiveness. I didn't like that pick too much either, but I have faith they did their due dilligence.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

I think we reached w/ Wilson also, but I don't liek LeMichael James (too easy to tackle, doesn't run hard btwn tackles or after contact) on this team, Wilson was arguably the top RB we could get, and TE wasn't a pressing need imo. Giants like big blocking TE's that can make some plays occasionally, whereas Fleener is more of a Jimmy Graham type (although Beckum is also, so maybe I'm wrong although Beckum didn't see the field as much as Ballard, and that should be a sign). With Pascoe, Bennett, and hopefully either Beckum or Ballard coming back, a guy who'd likely be playing as the 2nd or 3rd TE isn't as big a need as a flanker who lets Cruz stay in the slot. TE also not as important as a rb w/ feature back potential, considering Ahmad's history of injuries. I actually don't think, from what i read, Randle is a 'raw' WR. If anything he's more of a polished, solid player that has a knock on him bc he lacks major upside without the measurable speed/explosiveness. I didn't like that pick too much either, but I have faith they did their due dilligence.

Randle seems to be very NFL ready, and he had an awful QB throwing to him that's for sure. No pressure on him being 3rd or 4th here, he is in a great situation to succeed.

Randle seems to be very NFL ready, and he had an awful QB throwing to him that's for sure. No pressure on him being 3rd or 4th here, he is in a great situation to succeed.

Back
Top Bottom