2011 New York Jets Season Thread ( 8-8 ) SHOTTY STEPS DOWN , PLAYERS BASH SANCHEZ ....

Originally Posted by onewearz

braylon in trouble again ... sort of

http://profootballtalk.nb...ther-brush-with-the-law/

Braylon Edwards has another brush with the law

Free-agent receiver Braylon Edwards, not far removed from pleading guilty to DUI and having his probation in Cleveland for an assault charge extended, nearly got himself into another jam in Michigan early Monday.

According to FOX 2 in Detroit, two people in Edwards’ entourage were arrested after allegedly assaulting employees at a Birmingham bar.

Per the report, Edwards’ friends got into an argument with the employees. The dispute made its way into the kitchen, and one employee was “sliced with a knife.

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

rex is the best thing to ever happen to this franchise
pimp.gif

That man singlehandedly gave your team swag. I wish my team had a coach like Rex. There's no way you can hate the guy

@AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

Rex Ryan is sporting a tattoo that extends from below his right knee to his ankle. He'll reveal tattoo's meaning on a Facebook video today.

SWAG
roll.gif

Edit:
6a0115709f071f970b014e8a4bae43970d-400wi

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

rex is the best thing to ever happen to this franchise
pimp.gif

That man singlehandedly gave your team swag. I wish my team had a coach like Rex. There's no way you can hate the guy

@AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

Rex Ryan is sporting a tattoo that extends from below his right knee to his ankle. He'll reveal tattoo's meaning on a Facebook video today.

SWAG
roll.gif

Edit:
6a0115709f071f970b014e8a4bae43970d-400wi

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Its a fairly big thing, but the only thing that Nnamdi gets the nod over Cromartie in is physicality. Nnamdi is and can always be more physical on the field. Cro is really at the cusp of being too lanky to play corner period much less be what he is and thats a top 5 press and man cover guy.
It's moreso the fact that after 6 years in the league, Cro still has horrible technique. Hopefully that is what he has been working on this summer. He has the arm length and strength necessary to redirect WR's @ the LOS and mitigate he fact that ! 6'2 he can't get in and out of his breaks as fast as these receivers, but he never does it. When asked to turn and run/ play off man/zone he can do that w/ any other WR. He loves playing bail technique but his trouble comes in when he has to check these quick WR's on slants and in's in man coverage. See: Him vs Pierre Garcon last year. He was getting beat off the line repeatedly

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Its a fairly big thing, but the only thing that Nnamdi gets the nod over Cromartie in is physicality. Nnamdi is and can always be more physical on the field. Cro is really at the cusp of being too lanky to play corner period much less be what he is and thats a top 5 press and man cover guy.
It's moreso the fact that after 6 years in the league, Cro still has horrible technique. Hopefully that is what he has been working on this summer. He has the arm length and strength necessary to redirect WR's @ the LOS and mitigate he fact that ! 6'2 he can't get in and out of his breaks as fast as these receivers, but he never does it. When asked to turn and run/ play off man/zone he can do that w/ any other WR. He loves playing bail technique but his trouble comes in when he has to check these quick WR's on slants and in's in man coverage. See: Him vs Pierre Garcon last year. He was getting beat off the line repeatedly

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Has anybody ever went to a Jets open practice in Florham Park?... Thinking about going on Wednesday but not sure if it's worth it. Would I be able to get autographs?

I went a few times when they practiced at Hofstra. I was younger, and so autographs > watching the team actually practice, and you are able to get a few, as the players come towards the stands after practice is done. I remember it being rookies, and 'no-name' guys, not really the big name players. They do come, but not all of them and not all the time.

I remember it being fun though, I'm hoping to get out to Florham Park one of these days, but the thought of waking up early to drive from Brooklyn to NJ is turning me off.

Has anybody ever went to a Jets open practice in Florham Park?... Thinking about going on Wednesday but not sure if it's worth it. Would I be able to get autographs?

I went a few times when they practiced at Hofstra. I was younger, and so autographs > watching the team actually practice, and you are able to get a few, as the players come towards the stands after practice is done. I remember it being rookies, and 'no-name' guys, not really the big name players. They do come, but not all of them and not all the time.

I remember it being fun though, I'm hoping to get out to Florham Park one of these days, but the thought of waking up early to drive from Brooklyn to NJ is turning me off.

Last time I was in Florham Park was the pep rally we had before the playoff game against the Steelers . We made a human tunnel and got to slap five's with all the players/coaches. Besides that, I went to the open practice they had in Cortland last year during 'Hard Knocks".

It all depends on where you're located, and obviously, when the practice is over try to get as close to the barracade's as possible. I brought this old jets shirt I didn't wear anymore and a sharpie. Most notable autographs I got were Brad Smith, Danny Woodhead, Vlad Ducasse, the rest were rookies/practice squad players. Remember what I said about location? Well if I had watched the practice towards one of the end zones, there's a good chance I could've gotten Rex Ryan's AND Tomlinson's
30t6p3b.gif

Last time I was in Florham Park was the pep rally we had before the playoff game against the Steelers . We made a human tunnel and got to slap five's with all the players/coaches. Besides that, I went to the open practice they had in Cortland last year during 'Hard Knocks".

It all depends on where you're located, and obviously, when the practice is over try to get as close to the barracade's as possible. I brought this old jets shirt I didn't wear anymore and a sharpie. Most notable autographs I got were Brad Smith, Danny Woodhead, Vlad Ducasse, the rest were rookies/practice squad players. Remember what I said about location? Well if I had watched the practice towards one of the end zones, there's a good chance I could've gotten Rex Ryan's AND Tomlinson's
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by NuJerzLoyalty

@RichCimini
Rich Cimini
BREAKING: Jets announce David Harris has signed contract extension. #Jets

pimp.gif
nice....got this core locked up for a good 4-5 years now 

deal is for 4 years 36 mill....29.5 is guaranteed

@RichCimini
Rich Cimini
BREAKING: Jets announce David Harris has signed contract extension. #Jets

pimp.gif
nice....got this core locked up for a good 4-5 years now 

deal is for 4 years 36 mill....29.5 is guaranteed

@AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Jets LB David Harris signed a 4-year, $36 million deal that includes $29.5 million guaranteed.

Manish Mehta
@TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
This epitomizes #Jets David Harris: "There's really no Core 4. There's a Core 20. This team is built around a lot of young guys." #nyj

Even if they don't admit it, Giants fans are jelly
laugh.gif

Jets LB David Harris signed a 4-year, $36 million deal that includes $29.5 million guaranteed.

Manish Mehta
This epitomizes #Jets David Harris: "There's really no Core 4. There's a Core 20. This team is built around a lot of young guys." #nyj

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Manish Mehta

laugh.gif

And may I add:

@Rich Cimini  Rich Cimini

First-year cap number for David Harris is $4M. Cap number on franchise tender was $10.4M. Savings: $6.4M. More money for FAs. #Jets

You see that last part? "More money for FA's". We ain't done yet fella's.

Manish Mehta

laugh.gif

And may I add:

First-year cap number for David Harris is $4M. Cap number on franchise tender was $10.4M. Savings: $6.4M. More money for FAs. #Jets

Manish Mehta

laugh.gif

And may I add:

eek.gif
  #Tannyswag

Manish Mehta

laugh.gif

And may I add:

eek.gif
  #Tannyswag

Tanny and Woody openly have said that moves will be made up until the Cowboys game 
pimp.gif

David Harris, one of my favorites. Glad he was taken care of.

Tanny and Woody openly have said that moves will be made up until the Cowboys game 
pimp.gif

David Harris, one of my favorites. Glad he was taken care of.

The Process[emoji]8482[/emoji]
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Mike Francesa is gonna do his radio show from Florham Park Aug 11. Probably gonna look like this the whole time:
2w30zua.jpg

The Process[emoji]8482[/emoji]
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Mike Francesa is gonna do his radio show from Florham Park Aug 11. Probably gonna look like this the whole time:
2w30zua.jpg

Back
Top Bottom