2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Translation stolen from another forum:

Says he met with Bob... Bob says its just business... Manuel says he wanted to slap him... What stopped him is that bob is a old man... Goes on to say that he understands people who protect there business but that who's going to protect he's 18 years of hard work.

Another one:

Yeah, this is pretty much it. It happened at the post fight press conference. Bob told him it was just business. Marquez was like, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" He wanted to slap him upside the head but because he's old and because Marquez considers himself a respectful person he let it go. He says, "OK, it's business, well, let's see how well your business does from here." Then, yeah, like Fresno, said, he ends by saying he understands people who protect their business but what about his career.

Says he met with Bob... Bob says its just business... Manuel says he wanted to slap him... What stopped him is that bob is a old man... Goes on to say that he understands people who protect there business but that who's going to protect he's 18 years of hard work.

Another one:

Yeah, this is pretty much it. It happened at the post fight press conference. Bob told him it was just business. Marquez was like, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" He wanted to slap him upside the head but because he's old and because Marquez considers himself a respectful person he let it go. He says, "OK, it's business, well, let's see how well your business does from here." Then, yeah, like Fresno, said, he ends by saying he understands people who protect their business but what about his career.

Damn Ivan Calerdon was moving weight! $4 million worth of cocaine!?!

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP)—Federal agents in Puerto Rico have seized more than $4 million worth cocaine from a house owned by pro boxer Ivan Calderon.

Drug Enforcement Administration spokeswoman Laila Rico says 225 kilograms (nearly 500 pounds) of cocaine were found when agents raided the house in the coastal town of Humacao.

Calderon issued a statement Wednesday to WAPA-TV in Puerto Rico denying any knowledge of the drugs. The boxer says the house was one of a number of investment properties he owns and he was not aware of any illegal activities there.

The house was raided earlier this week following the arrest of an alleged Puerto Rican trafficker who has been charged in Miami with smuggling cocaine into the U.S. through the Dominican Republic.

Damn Ivan Calerdon was moving weight! $4 million worth of cocaine!?!

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP)—Federal agents in Puerto Rico have seized more than $4 million worth cocaine from a house owned by pro boxer Ivan Calderon.

Drug Enforcement Administration spokeswoman Laila Rico says 225 kilograms (nearly 500 pounds) of cocaine were found when agents raided the house in the coastal town of Humacao.

Calderon issued a statement Wednesday to WAPA-TV in Puerto Rico denying any knowledge of the drugs. The boxer says the house was one of a number of investment properties he owns and he was not aware of any illegal activities there.

The house was raided earlier this week following the arrest of an alleged Puerto Rican trafficker who has been charged in Miami with smuggling cocaine into the U.S. through the Dominican Republic.

Originally Posted by MAKITA

Another one:

That's just absurd.
30t6p3b.gif

Eff Bob Arum.

MAKITA, can you link the form/thread where it was translated?

Another one:

That's just absurd.
30t6p3b.gif

Eff Bob Arum.

MAKITA, can you link the form/thread where it was translated?

Couple more notes, didn't feel like translating the whole thing...
Doesn't want to fight in Vegas.
4th judge to review scores and check against video.
He likes the way NFL uses instant replay and could be used in boxing in several ways.
Maybe they wanted to build up to the Mayweather fight, and Bob Arum knew that. Told him "its business"

Couple more notes, didn't feel like translating the whole thing...
Doesn't want to fight in Vegas.
4th judge to review scores and check against video.
He likes the way NFL uses instant replay and could be used in boxing in several ways.
Maybe they wanted to build up to the Mayweather fight, and Bob Arum knew that. Told him "its business"

I heard rumors about the move last week and didn't take it serious.  I mean how are they going to almost sell out MSG and then move it two weeks before?  I can't believe Arum is pulling this garbage...it should be cleared 100% before the promotion even began.  I'm sure there's a lot of people who booked flights and hotels, too.

I heard rumors about the move last week and didn't take it serious.  I mean how are they going to almost sell out MSG and then move it two weeks before?  I can't believe Arum is pulling this garbage...it should be cleared 100% before the promotion even began.  I'm sure there's a lot of people who booked flights and hotels, too.

Does this ruin any possibility of Marquez/Pacquiao IV?

I hope so, I'm tired of Marquez getting jobbed around, he's a legit boxer, and he's just getting toyed around now.

Back
Top Bottom