2012/2013 Mustang GT

I'm a senior in high school and I am almost certain that I am getting a new car for graduation... Right now I'm driving a Sante Fe.
I would like to say I am not spoiled but I need a new car because the Sante Fe eats/drinks/snorts gas. My parents make good money and will let me get one.

If anyone has 2012/2013 or any mustang for that case I have a few questions.

1- How does it drive? Does it drive like previous mustangs?

2- Difference between V6 and V8 engine

3- Does it get as good of gas mileage as Ford claim they do

4- How good is the sound system

5-Are you more noticeable if your in the car, will cops pull you over more often for speeding? 

Your not spoiled and your parents are going to buy you a new mustang? Ok
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Franco23x

I'm a senior in high school and I am almost certain that I am getting a new car for graduation... Right now I'm driving a Sante Fe.
I would like to say I am not spoiled but I need a new car because the Sante Fe eats/drinks/snorts gas. My parents make good money and will let me get one.

5-Are you more noticeable if your in the car, will cops pull you over more often for speeding? 

You're doing yourself no favor getting a GT/V8.

I don't know whos gonna pay for gas, but a V8 will hurt if you have a job or school daily. If you plan on taking a few road trips this summer, what ever kids do, don't get a V8. You will regret it if you parents ever decide they don't want to pay for your gas.

inb4everyone hates that you have parents with nice careers and can afford to give their kid a nice car and turns that into the focal point of this thread.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

laugh.gif

And then he talks about gas too
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I can afford the monthly payments/gas by myself big guy, their paying for the insurance. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 18th letter

I don't know whos gonna pay for gas, but a V8 will hurt if you have a job or school daily. If you plan on taking a few road trips this summer, what ever kids do, don't get a V8. You will regret it if you parents ever decide they don't want to pay for your gas.

inb4everyone hates that you have parents with nice careers and can afford to give their kid a nice car and turns that into the focal point of this thread.

laugh.gif

I can afford the monthly payments/gas by myself big guy, their paying for the insurance. 
laugh.gif

Then why didnt you add that to your original post? Love that car but the gas
sick.gif

Originally Posted by 18th letter

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Then why didnt you add that to your original post? Love that car but the gas
sick.gif
Why does it matter? I knew people on this forum would come to this conclusion so fast as you did. 

Sticker gas mileage is never true. Mustangs guzzle gas even the V6. When you have a fast car .. you tend to speed. If not, cops still pull you over even if you're only going 10 over the speed limit(in NY). All this can be easily avoided simply by purchasing the new Prius .. heard it gets over 45MPG! If you do end up buying a mustang I suggest you don't buy brand new. These cars lose value like crazy. You can probably find one from a year earlier for -8K with less then 15k miles, but then* again .. the heart wants what the heart wants.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiiing

You can probably find one from a year earlier for -8K with less then 15k miles, but then* again .. the heart wants what the heart wants.
laugh.gif

wait I'm confused. Are you saying he could find one for 8k or 8k less than what he's going to pay now

As most said already, being concern about mpg and then considering a Mustang (and a GT at that) doesn't make much sense. It's like wanting to go fast but wanting a Prius.

New or old cars doesn't matter to cops, if you do something stupid, they'll pull you over no matter what you're driving. A red car being more noticeable by cops and getting more tickets is a myth as well.

Difference between V6 & V8 is a huge power leap, it just much faster and sounds better.

Most stock sound systems suck so if you want a good one, you have to go aftermarket. Unless of course you get an Audi with the Bang & Olufsen option then that system will be plenty good.

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

Originally Posted by Kiiing

You can probably find one from a year earlier for -8K with less then 15k miles, but then* again .. the heart wants what the heart wants.
laugh.gif

wait I'm confused. Are you saying he could find one for 8k or 8k less than what he's going to pay now
8k less then what he's going to pay now. 

OP, you will get no respect with an automatic V6 mustang.

The 5.0L V8 has a lousy manual transmission and will cost significantly more for your parents to insure than a V6. Both V6 and V8 are coupes so insurance will be considerably higher than a 4 door due to your age.

The 3.7L V6 and 5.0L V8 are both thirsty engines - you'd be paying more for fuel than the Santa Fe. You might be able to squeeze some extra mileage with the manual transmission (via coasting) and keeping RPMs at 2000-2500 but these are cars not noted for their (lack of) fuel consumption.

this kid is talking about gas mileage when getting a big V8 sports car, or whatever pony car haters want to call it...
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom