[::2012 Fantasy Basketball Thread Vol. Player A > Player B Talk Allowed::]

who do you think will have a better overall year... wes johnson jordan crawford grant hill or jeff green?

^hard to tell right now because free agency hasn't really begun so we don't know if hill or green will be re-signed, wes is projected to start at 2 guard but he will probably not play more than 25-28 minutes cause of derrick williams, jordan crawford played well at the starting 2 guard with wall but nick young could be re-signed as well and he would start instead of crawford. if i was to pick the best player out of the 4 fantasy wise right now i would say wes johnson because he would have the most to gain since he is definitely starting. 

can i play
nerd.gif

pm me plss

Gerald Wallace or Andre Iggy? My team needs a few more assists because I'm relying on Nash, Curry, and Jeff Teague as my assist men. I'm pretty good in boards: Okafor, Amare, Brook, and Beasley. Would trading for Iggy be a good move for me?  Also seeing if I can trade Caron Butler for J Rich because I know I drafted Caron too early but doubt the other owner will take my offer.

Just finished an auction draft with 10 teams

PG- Wall, Felton, Mo Will, Harris
SG- Kobe
SF- G. Wallace, Gay, Gallinari, P. George
PF- Amare, J. Smith
C- Noah, McGee, Monroe

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

Gerald Wallace or Andre Iggy? My team needs a few more assists because I'm relying on Nash, Curry, and Jeff Teague as my assist men. I'm pretty good in boards: Okafor, Amare, Brook, and Beasley. Would trading for Iggy be a good move for me?  Also seeing if I can trade Caron Butler for J Rich because I know I drafted Caron too early but doubt the other owner will take my offer.
gerald wallace is ranked higher than iggy, and probably slightly better but if you need assists iggy will give you 5 assists a night so its really up to you. wallace will give you extra blocks/steals though

appreciate the advice man. just offered the trade.  My only reservation is that I think Wallace is gonna go off this season since he'll probably be playing a full season on the Blazers.  Do you guys think Caron's value goes up or down being on the Clippers?

appreciate the advice man. just offered the trade.  My only reservation is that I think Wallace is gonna go off this season since he'll probably be playing a full season on the Blazers.  Do you guys think Caron's value goes up or down being on the Clippers?

it goes up but not by much. gordon and blake are going to take 15-20 shots a game, caron will probably take 11 at most a game if even (mo williams also there). i see him as a spot up shooter only for the clips.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Who is down for a 12 team H2H (all categories) league on ESPN?

nerd.gif

^^^ or you can join my 8-10 team h2h league on yahoo and espn. 

i'm down but can u make it 10 man? 8 man is kind of meh...

Decided to liven up this season and changed my team's name to Stephen Jacks in a Box 
happy.gif
laugh.gif
 and I actually have him on my team.  Anymore NT ESPN Leagues (10-12 teams) still open?

Im interested.........pm me for leagues....Havent played fantasy sports in a long time....any help would be dope

Originally Posted by Chrispcb15

Im interested.........pm me for leagues....Havent played fantasy sports in a long time....any help would be dope
I would make a yahoo league if enough people are interested, I am trying to get at least 12 people. Anyone down?

I'm down if you guys get a yahoo league going.

Anyway, just had my draft today. 10 teams. How do you think my team is? I had 3rd pick.

6503649731_d448a32b46.jpg

^ you had 3rd pick and you chose dwight howard? over cp3 and rose (assuming LBJ and KD went 1st and 2nd)...bad move.

not sure why you would want favors or brooks on your team in a 10 man league. i might even drop paul george unless he is definitely starting. do you mind getting a picture of your FA?

as of now you're definitely losing FT% and AST

^ I know I'm really weak on assists. I took Dwight 3rd because I am a Nets fan, and I'm hoping he gets traded to us lol. Also, he will get me pts, fg %, blocks, and rebounds. I had CP3 a few years ago, and he got hurt, and I don't really like him anyway. I'm not a fan of Rose either. The pick was between Wade and Howard.

I think Paul George is going to be very good this year. He has tons of potential. Same goes for Favors and MarShon was my last pick and I needed to have somebody on the Nets....and he is the next Kobe...lol.

Originally Posted by useref15

^ I know I'm really weak on assists. I took Dwight 3rd because I am a Nets fan, and I'm hoping he gets traded to us lol. Also, he will get me pts, fg %, blocks, and rebounds. I had CP3 a few years ago, and he got hurt, and I don't really like him anyway. I'm not a fan of Rose either. The pick was between Wade and Howard.

I think Paul George is going to be very good this year. He has tons of potential. Same goes for Favors and MarShon was my last pick and I needed to have somebody on the Nets....and he is the next Kobe...lol.
laugh.gif
 good bye to your season. never be biased and pick up players just cuz you like them or they're renowned in the league. You drafted really poorly TBH.  I suggest you make some trades and drop a bunch of your lower end players or else you don't have a fighting chance this season.  Any tips for drafting in a league that counts Off Rebounds and Def Rebounds as different categories.  I'm thinking of targeting some big men who are inclined to get double doubles: Love, Griffin, Randolph, McGee, Ibaka, Lee, etc.  I'm just concerned that some of the guys that I may get can just score and rebound but don't get blocks e.g. Z Bo, D Lee, & Love.  Dropped Ariza for Jared Dudley.  Did I make the right move?  Looks like Dudley has lots of upside as a starter and I won't have to deal with Ariza's ugly %'s.  However, Ariza has upside too with CP3 being possibly traded and with David West gone he may be the new #2 option.

NBA's almost back. 
pimp.gif

Sign-up for my Yahoo! league.
League ID: 56967

Password: undefeated

Draft type: Live Standard Draft

Draft time: Saturday December 24th, 2011 at 5:00pm

There are two spots open.

screenshot20111202at124.png

Originally Posted by useref15

laugh.gif
 good bye to your season. never be biased and pick up players just cuz you like them or they're renowned in the league. You drafted really poorly TBH.  I suggest you make some trades and drop a bunch of your lower end players or else you don't have a fighting chance this season.  Any tips for drafting in a league that counts Off Rebounds and Def Rebounds as different categories.  I'm thinking of targeting some big men who are inclined to get double doubles: Love, Griffin, Randolph, McGee, Ibaka, Lee, etc.  I'm just concerned that some of the guys that I may get can just score and rebound but don't get blocks e.g. Z Bo, D Lee, & Love.  Dropped Ariza for Jared Dudley.  Did I make the right move?  Looks like Dudley has lots of upside as a starter and I won't have to deal with Ariza's ugly %'s.  However, Ariza has upside too with CP3 being possibly traded and with David West gone he may be the new #2 option.

ariza and dudley are going to be tossups this year since ariza is always either really on or really off and dudley might have to split time with shannon brown. i never played in a league where they separated off and def rebounds but if i did play i would target zbo, lee and love since they also have above average FT% for bigs and id rather have off reb + def reb + ft% than just def reb + blocks. that's just off the top of my head though, i think im in a league that counts off reb this year too (didn't bother looking when i registered cause i just wanted to play
laugh.gif
) so i'll look into it and see what i think would be the best option.

also you guys drafted pretty early since FA is still going on in the NBA and some guys that you drafted might be moved within a week. all my drafts are next week
laugh.gif
. good luck to everyone though, and keep this thread alive with sleepers + fantasy news !
pimp.gif

thanks. feel a bit better about getting dudley now that gordon is going to the hornets and will probably be starting. will see if I can get cp3 in my next draft. any idea who will be starting SG for the clips now?

Back
Top Bottom