2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

The car is GORGEOUS. back could be a bit better but im not complaning. the front is a beut.
pimp.gif
all i can say is WOW

bravo to Toyota

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Toyota needs to drop the Scion $&@#. Seriously.

thats where the $$ is

what all *** manufactures need to do is bring back the tuning-friendly sporty cars like the 90, we need a S16 silvia!

thats where the $$ is

what all *** manufactures need to do is bring back the tuning-friendly sporty cars like the 90, we need a S16 silvia!

4 cylinder boxer engine, it might have more then 300 BHP. Serial version Might it the markets next year. Celica and Supra descendant.

I think its ugly....

4 cylinder boxer engine, it might have more then 300 BHP. Serial version Might it the markets next year. Celica and Supra descendant.

I think its ugly....

Right in the middle of the Miata and the 370Z. A lot of the casual folks are going to be disappointed when the full specs are released.

200HP at 2700 pounds is like the last generation Celica GT-S numbers tho.

And a blog re-started that Scion rumor. It would be too expensive right now as a Scion anyways.

Right in the middle of the Miata and the 370Z. A lot of the casual folks are going to be disappointed when the full specs are released.

200HP at 2700 pounds is like the last generation Celica GT-S numbers tho.

And a blog re-started that Scion rumor. It would be too expensive right now as a Scion anyways.

I still want to see what the production version will look like. Concept versions of cars always gets everyone wet then when the production model is shown it looks like @!+@ and is extremely watered down. Not to mention if this comes out as a Scion it'll probably have three different models, the $16k model every high school kid will have, just like the Tc. Flat 4 doesn't mean anything, the flat 4 in the Subaru Forester only makes around 170 horsepower with the higher model making 225. If this has the same motor as a WRX or STi then its a different story. Not trying to sound like i'm hating but Toyota always disappoints with there sports cars or lack of them i should say. Only one that gets my respect is the Supra. Never liked Toyota's boring and lackluster line up of old man retirement cars. Hopefully it comes out as a Toyota and not Scion.

I still want to see what the production version will look like. Concept versions of cars always gets everyone wet then when the production model is shown it looks like @!+@ and is extremely watered down. Not to mention if this comes out as a Scion it'll probably have three different models, the $16k model every high school kid will have, just like the Tc. Flat 4 doesn't mean anything, the flat 4 in the Subaru Forester only makes around 170 horsepower with the higher model making 225. If this has the same motor as a WRX or STi then its a different story. Not trying to sound like i'm hating but Toyota always disappoints with there sports cars or lack of them i should say. Only one that gets my respect is the Supra. Never liked Toyota's boring and lackluster line up of old man retirement cars. Hopefully it comes out as a Toyota and not Scion.

^ I doubt it'll have wrx/sti power. If it is, its gonna cost to much, probably 24k+, for a scion.

It looks like a rx8 on steroids.

^ I doubt it'll have wrx/sti power. If it is, its gonna cost to much, probably 24k+, for a scion.

It looks like a rx8 on steroids.

Originally Posted by nocomment6

I think its ugly....
Does the cylinders really mater though. Company's life toyota pride themselves on providing fuel efficient cars. With these gas direct injection becoming more and more popular systems car companies that use to price cars 22,000 - 27,000 have gone from a 3-4 litter engine down to a 2 litter and from a v6 to a v4. 

There is something to be said for cruising slowly around town with a big V-8 rumbling under the hood, ready to fly when you put your foot down. But those were the good old days when gas was cheap, GM was the world’s largest automaker, and climate change was something that happened when you drove south. These days, your ride is increasingly likely to be powered by a V-6 or four-cylinder engine. And, surprise: You don’t suffer a crippling loss in power. Plus, you get a big boost in gas mileage and you save money at the dealership.

To satisfy a combination of consumer demand and tough new federal fuel standards that must be met by 2016, auto makers increasingly are using smaller engines with when-needed power boosts like turbochargers. While hybrids and plug-in electrics get much of the attention in the high-mileage derby, improvements in the gasoline engine will drive most of the car companies’ average gain in mileage.

“We are seeing not only turbocharging but also cylinder deactivation and gas direct injection,

Originally Posted by nocomment6

I think its ugly....
Does the cylinders really mater though. Company's life toyota pride themselves on providing fuel efficient cars. With these gas direct injection becoming more and more popular systems car companies that use to price cars 22,000 - 27,000 have gone from a 3-4 litter engine down to a 2 litter and from a v6 to a v4. 

There is something to be said for cruising slowly around town with a big V-8 rumbling under the hood, ready to fly when you put your foot down. But those were the good old days when gas was cheap, GM was the world’s largest automaker, and climate change was something that happened when you drove south. These days, your ride is increasingly likely to be powered by a V-6 or four-cylinder engine. And, surprise: You don’t suffer a crippling loss in power. Plus, you get a big boost in gas mileage and you save money at the dealership.

To satisfy a combination of consumer demand and tough new federal fuel standards that must be met by 2016, auto makers increasingly are using smaller engines with when-needed power boosts like turbochargers. While hybrids and plug-in electrics get much of the attention in the high-mileage derby, improvements in the gasoline engine will drive most of the car companies’ average gain in mileage.

“We are seeing not only turbocharging but also cylinder deactivation and gas direct injection,

I also have a feeling this car will be the new Celica.
Sporty, decent specs, affordable but ultimately, a girl's car.
PS: I like the Celica.

I also have a feeling this car will be the new Celica.
Sporty, decent specs, affordable but ultimately, a girl's car.
PS: I like the Celica.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

thats where the $$ is

Well, sort of... I think people would buy this if it was a Toyota. I was considering trading in the EVO for this, but not worth it from what I'm reading.

Yeah I agree, Silvias!

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

thats where the $$ is

Well, sort of... I think people would buy this if it was a Toyota. I was considering trading in the EVO for this, but not worth it from what I'm reading.

Yeah I agree, Silvias!

Back
Top Bottom